Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your opinion, Giants seem to have known our play calling.

I search for this subject but did not find it, I apologized if it has been posted. It appeared that the Giants knew what kind of defense package we had and Eli could sense it and change the play at the line of scrimmage.

Could Antonio Pierce or one of the ex Redskins given the Giants and insight of our packages both on offense and defense ?

i wouldn't make to big a deal about that....if Eli knew our defensive playbook, he didn't take too great advantage...statiscally, he wasn't a hell of a lot better than Brunell.

we got shelacked more because our D couldn't tackle a traffic cone yesterday, much less a running back, and we kept coughing up the ball deep in our territory.

i said last week that this game would come down to one critical intangible...the giants ability to get turnovers, and lots of them (and our inability to get any)...and what happened is exactly what i feared....we coughed it up a bunch of times deep in our area, and the Giants one turnover was in our endzone.

Nobody would have beaten the Giants yesterday. The way we played was disgusting, but, no team would have beaten them yesterday. We will take care of them on Christmas Eve when they come to our house. Really, we beat ourselves as much as they kicked our a--. Gibbs will right this thing. It's all about the ebb and flow of the NFL. How else do you explain the Niners beating Tampa yesterday?

i wouldn't make to big a deal about that....if Eli knew our defensive playbook, he didn't take too great advantage...statiscally, he wasn't a hell of a lot better than Brunell.

we got shelacked more because our D couldn't tackle a traffic cone yesterday, much less a running back, and we kept coughing up the ball deep in our territory.

i said last week that this game would come down to one critical intangible...the giants ability to get turnovers, and lots of them (and our inability to get any)...and what happened is exactly what i feared....we coughed it up a bunch of times deep in our area, and the Giants one turnover was in our endzone.

That about sums it up! Good post.

Execution is what it comes down too. We knew what the Giants were going to do but we couldn't stop them. Without Cornelius Griffin this defense is not very good at all. He gets all of our penetration and forces the play towards the linebackers and ends. Losing this game put us so far behind the 8 ball I think it will be hard for us to climb back. Not only are the Giants ahead of us but they have the 49ers and Vikings up next on their schedule. Dallas is also a game ahead of us with the lighter portion of their schedule still to come. Carolina, Tampa and Atlanta are a game ahead of us and St Louis is tied with us. Going to be extremely, extremely difficult to find a playoff spot now.

The NJ papers today said that Pierce provided "invaluable" information to the offense and the coaches regarding the Redskins defense. In general, he said that the Williams' philosophy is to sell out the defense to stop the offense's 3-5 favorite plays. Giants used this info to their advantage and Tiki gained 206 yards on the ground. I'm sure other teams will go to school on teh Redskins with this knowledge.

I seriously doubt the Giants knew our playbook. Gibbs' schemes are much better than that. Besides, that takes away from the Giants victory, which really isn't fair, cause they played a good game yesterday.

It was just more of a half-n-half thing. The Giants played well and were inspired. The Redskins just.... I don't know....just looked like they all had taking heavy doses of valium before the game. They looked totally out of it, like they were sleepwalking through the game.

The coaches wll set it right. :)

Too all,

Please everyone take a deep breath and let this game go. Our division has parity now and we should appreciate this as a Redskin fan I've been wishing for a competitive team and we now have that. Let's not take this ugly game and think the sky is falling. They had a BAD game everybody does. No one is more excited about The Redskins being this close to turning the corner and getting back to a consistant winner. They are a game back of 1st place.. 1st PLACE when was the last time we could really say or think that they would be ina positon like this and they still have a chance to right this against Philly. I said all this to say let it go don't watch any highlights, NFL network, NFL Live nothing. GO SKINS!

So the Redskins are the only team in the NFL that faces former players this year right. Mountain meet mole hill, you have more in common then you think.

I'm sure glad Trotter helped us knock off Philthy when he was here, I mean if it wasn't for all of Trotters valuable info. we may have went what 0-4.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

The long and short of yesterday's performance, IMHO, is that we're just not as good of a team as I thought going into yesterday's game.

This team came out flat and finished the game flat. No question about it. No one stepped up and made plays. In fact, our playmakers fell silent and contributed next to nothing.

Moss dropped key passes, Portis only broke free when a penalty flag was thrown and Brunell just didn't make good decisions.

The defense forgot how to tackle and were constantly over running plays.

We are a good team in the right situations; however, I just think we are a little bit more inconsistent than a good team that is playoff bound should be at this time of the season.

Coming off the 49ers game, I thought this team would build upon their performance and have confidence. None of that showed yesterday. If that was a result of overconfidence, this can be easily fixed (by working their collective a$$es off).

The team had absolutely no emotion or concentration. How does the NFL's leading receiver drop numerous passes????

It doesn't matter if they knew our play calling, it wasn't the play calling on either end that made things happen the way they did, it was the execution. If we executed when it happened then we win. Did them knowing our plays keep us from catching the ball, or keep us from being where our assignments said we should be, or keep us from tackling them when we had them stopped for negative yardage..... No is the answer you are looking for boys and girls, and that is all there is too it. They may have known our plays but it doesn't matter, a lot of teams in the NFL are able to execute and win when the opposing team knows exactly what they are going to do on every down. It comes down to execution ppl, plain and simple, and we didn't do it.

Thanks for the link, I missed yesterdays threads.

BTW, what's with your Sig.

The threads from last night are now buried 5 pages deep and that thread didn't use the same key words as this one so it might not have come up in your search.

As for the sig, I lost a bet with Tom.

Aside from the fact that the Redskins simply did not show up and would have lost to even the LOWLY Niners yesterday, I did notice that Tim Hasselbeck was wearing a headset all day. This seemed a little too coincidental.

I think the major factor was that the Giant defense didn't let Brunell leave the pocket at all. They seemed to "solve" Mark Brunell and I'm sure that this was all Coughlin. Tom knows Mark better than anyone.

Yeah, Antonio Pierce gave them all the information had crammed into his brain when he had a Pro Bowl-caliber year last year. Wouldn't you?

Did it matter? Yes. Is that any excuse for a piss-poor performance, and worse, a piss-poor EFFORT? No.

Obviously, I'm still a bit upset. I'm going to put a hurtin' on those weights tomorrow.

It just that they had last years defensive signal caller and a former quarterback on their roster. I mean if they had someone like Jimoh or Sellers it would be a little different. But they had two cerebral dudes to pick their brains from -- from each side of the ball. It had to help. Plus, Pierce is a studying fool. To be honest I'm happy for him. More considereation should have gone in to keeping him.

Pierce was really really good and always seem to keep us in the right defensive last year, and or defensive this year just is not quite as good. It's become obvious.

It wasn't the deciding factor, but it helped. I think they knew enough to keep us getting any offensive continuity. How else do you explain going from a scoring machine to an inept and confused offensive team in one week.

They had a bit of an advantage. They were emotional. We were flat. And, at the minimum we that we has an offensive that should be able to put up 24 points against them -- and got totally shut out.

The key is how we bounce back. This league is crazy. Gibbs was so concerned about the Niners and we romped. Look what they did against Tampa. He probably thought he did not have to show concern for the Giants. I think we went up their ready, but when things were not working right, it totally threw us off our game, and our confidence level.

We were like "What the hail is going on. This has never happened!

We got a crippled Eagle team coming in here -- and both teams need to win desparately. After yesterday, I have no clue as to where we are as a team.

I search for this subject but did not find it, I apologized if it has been posted. It appeared that the Giants knew what kind of defense package we had and Eli could sense it and change the play at the line of scrimmage.

Could Antonio Pierce or one of the ex Redskins given the Giants and insight of our packages both on offense and defense ?

They didn't know the plays, calm down, stop trippin'. They just played a better game than us and beat us all across the board. We played like crap yesterday and they capitolized off of it. They just played better than us yesterday and that's it, no excuses.

Archived