Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Redskin are you most upset with following this game?

Dalecitymike

My current thoughts on the Washington Redskins loss to the Giants!

The loss against the N.Y. Giants was so bad that you have to point blame. Maybe you start at the O-Line, or the QB. You vent, but your still hurt for having to go through the emotional roller coaster. You then turn blame to the coaches, but after that is done. You get some phone calls or emails from Giants fans that pour salt on the wounds. You then blame the owner, but where does the blame game end? Do you blame the media? Write post about how they are getting you down. Should we blame the fans for not buying enough Giant tickets and cheering for them? The truth is nothing is going to make that loss feel right. Nothing but a win. The Redskins owe it to their fans to play smart, hard nose football this week. Everyone in the Redskins organization that accepts money from the profits of the fans has the duty to show that reputation of the organization is at stake. Die hard fans are actually scratching their heads for the first time since Joe Gibbs came back, and I don't think it's fair to Gibbs. These players need to show some heart, and some loyality to Gibbs, and to us fans! Let's show our support this week, and let them know we will not falter after just one bad game.

:point2sky

The entire team sucked Sunday. Wasn't this game for the divisional lead? How in the hell did these guys show up and play the way they did? They had to know NY was going to play their best game with their owner dying. To see so many dropped balls, so many sacks, a offense that could not score against the 31st ranked defense. By the way, there are only 32 teams in the league. It was the most disgusting game I have seen. How can a offense not score a point against a defense like that. We made them look like the best defense in the league. I would say the offensive line, and receivers stunk up the place the worst, but its close with the defense giving up a score on every drive. What a difference a week can make. From blowing out a team to getting shut out. Helter Skelter team. If they show up Sunday with malaise again, this season is over.

I agree. Some of the fans on this board have been completely ridiculous. I guess that's what a loss like this does; brings back all the chicken littles. Nothing you can do about that.

Add me. I like being realistic, open-eyed, and analytical, and definitely calling a garden implement a garden implement. There's always plenty to critique on the 'skins, or most any other team. But, keeping it real, I sure find it easier as a fan to smile at a real constant homer than a real constant despairo.

I also reserve the right to be on a sliding-scale of homerism depending on the situation. :D

What I have a hard time relating to is the myopic, constant, all-knowing (yet often ingnorant), anti-fan who seems to be primarily interested in wallowing in despair and hopelessness under the guise of "telling the hard truth". But it must get them the pay-off they seek, whether I get it or not, or they'd cease doing it. :2cents:

I said other. If I was suppost to pick 1 person or 1 unit, I cant. I honestly felt it was the whole team, across the board. Coaches, Offense, Defense, Special teams, Waterboy, Teamdoctors, comunications team..................................That was then...this is now. Eagles are in 4 days.

I blame the cheerleaders! I mean why didn't they get the N.Y. Giant fans to cheer for us? In a town where scores has one guy sueing for being charged over 240k in one single night, why not taking off their tops when Giants were on offense? It could've made a difference...

Joking of course...

How much did the death of their owner affect our players? When I saw the news I told my wife that we would lose. It never crossed my mind otherwise. In a largely psychological game, that gave the Giants every motivation they needed, but something seemed to drain our players too and I can't help thinking they looked as if they didn't want to win on Sunday.

Archived