Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is going on with this team?

Spaceman Spiff

Was in Canada from wednesday till today on a hunting trip. Just got back and it's midnight.

The game was actually showing in the Calgary airport, I couldn't believe it. Our flight was called just after I saw Tiki Barber take it to the house and make it 13-0. Whatever.

I get off the flight in Salt lake city where we had a 2.5 hour layover. I call my friend and she told me that the Skins LOST 36-0!!! What the **** is that???

I haven't seen any highlights and I'm pretty tired to pick apart these threads. So can someone give me some brief insight as to how we totally screwed the pooch on this one?

Washington today put in it's scab team while we took a week off to prepare for Philly, who got their ass also handed to them today. It was the kind of game you wished you were away on vacation, and your TIVO Didn't work to record it when you got home that night.

You missed nothing at all.

Let's talk about how much the Eagles suck now....

Why on earth did we only run 13 times in the whole game? Joe Gibbs is mainly a rushing coach, to balanced. We gave up on the run before the game even got started. Rock Cartright did good, we should've kept giving him the ball. It helps the O-line when they get to beat up on the D-line instead of the other way around. Pound it on the ground a whole qtr. Then start to balance.

Was in Canada from wednesday till today on a hunting trip. Just got back and it's midnight.

The game was actually showing in the Calgary airport, I couldn't believe it. Our flight was called just after I saw Tiki Barber take it to the house and make it 13-0. Whatever.

I get off the flight in Salt lake city where we had a 2.5 hour layover. I call my friend and she told me that the Skins LOST 36-0!!! What the **** is that???

I haven't seen any highlights and I'm pretty tired to pick apart these threads. So can someone give me some brief insight as to how we totally screwed the pooch on this one?

Preliminary reports are that the Giants front office gagged and bound most of the Redskins starters and replaced them with local high-school prospects. The only three actual skins that showed up were Chris Cooley, Sean Taylor and Ryan Clark...everyone else, including Lavar AND Holdman, was tied up in a dank basement somewhere.

Taylor, Clark and Cooley all played their hearts out. I'm not sure what happened to everyone else. I do know that on offense, every time a drive started to get going, someone dropped a pass or turned the ball over. On one particular play, Brunell did an excellent job of avoiding the pressure on 3rd and long, scrambled left, and found Patten with an on-point laser. Patten proceeded to drop the pass, Frost and the punting unit trot out.

Garbage.

Actually, I will add Brunell to that list...I mean, he played well, but nobody was catching passes. I think he was 11 for 28 or something like that, and should have been around 18 for 28. People were just dropping easy balls. Royal dropped about 3 passes, including a TD from Ramsey in garbage time, Patten had a couple drops from Brunell, Moss amazingly dropped 2 or 3 passes...maybe this is the infamous disappearing act that Jets fans like to talk about.

Okay, you are actually luckier than the rest of us.

Do not ask any questions. Do not open any threads. Do not watch any highlight shows, and do not under any circumstances talk to any Redskins fans about the game because all you're going to here is a bunch of gibberish occasionally interrupted by curse words.

The first rule of the Giants game is that we do not talk about the Giants game. We're going to forget about this game and move on.

There's nothing to see here. :paranoid:

Okay, you are actually luckier than the rest of us.

Do not ask any questions. Do not open any threads. Do not watch any highlight shows, and do not under any circumstances talk to any Redskins fans about the game because all you're going to here is a bunch of gibberish occasionally interrupted by curse words.

The first rule of the Giants game is that we do not talk about the Giants game. We're going to forget about this game and move on.

There's nothing to see here. :paranoid:

The second rule of the Giants game is that we DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GIANTS GAME.

Well, as you were probably entering Calgary airport, a vortex hovered over the Meadowlands and spun the 'Skins into Bizarro World.

Now from there they really played about as bad as you have nightmares about. It would have burned a memory in you mind forever. It was a bad game by a good team.

Haha, how'd you know I was there?

It was great. Had a phenomenal time.

You mentioned you were in Calgary in your original post. There are a couple members here from Alberta. Edmonton I believe.

Its amazing really, whenever I'm down for a redskins game...I'm amazed how many people I meet from DC/VA that anually venture up north to Canada on hunting trips. It always seems they're hunting Bears. Thats a little too crazy for me.

Archived