Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What does Joe Gibbs say to the team now?

DCSKINZ80

"I'm proud of our guys, they fought their hearts out there for us (wink wink)....

For some reason, I doubt he says that. This is one game that our guys didn't fight their hearts out so I think he's going to take a harder line with some of the players.

"I'm proud of our guys, they fought their hearts out there for us (wink wink)....

For some reason, I doubt he says that. This is one game that our guys didn't fight their hearts out so I think he's going to take a harder line with some of the players.

they was fighting,they just didnt win the fight,we got our butt kicked ,nothin would go right,we wont have another game that bad this year,that was a fluke :gaintsuck

I'm just wondering how Joe Gibbs approaches the team after this loss. Does he get mad? Does he play it cool? Does he plan a hard ass week of practice? What do you guys think his reaction will be?[/quote

What can ya tell a team whos one of the best in football and blows a chance to be in total 1st place in the NFC, except keep your heads up cause this was a fluke, we will get back on track and we will have these Giants at home when the Playoffs are on the line. Lets fix whats broke now and kickasssssss all the way to Detroit woohhooo!!!

Coach Gibbs will tell them: "Well, we didn’t play that well this today, didn’t play that poorly either. Gotta work on some things in practice this week, maybe we can do better next time"

oh wait, wrong Redskin Coach :D

steve_spurrier_2.jpg

brilliant....i'd forgotten how much i missed the obc's post-game comments after a loss

s_gibbs_i.jpg

"OK men, here's how it is: if any of you come in as hungover as you all were today, you'll be suspended for the rest of the season. Oh, and no more halloween parties!"

LadellBetts4.jpg

"Sorry coach, I was so drunk today, I thought the football looked like an ugly woman, that's why I kept dropping it. Pretty funny huh?"

joe.gibbs.193.jpg

"BEEETTTTTTTTS!!!!!"

I don't know but he better get them motivated, because if they take a game off against the Eagles we are really going to get destroyed . At least the Eagles can't run the ball against us, so we don't have to worry abut Westbrok racking up 200 yards. But then again we don't know what we will get from our defense. Our only hope is to try and and keep it a low scoring game and then hailmary to Moss in the 4th again...otherwinse, we might get blown out.

Typically Gibbs tries to keep his team on an even keel. If they win big he talks them down to earth - we weren't that good, a lot of things went our way. If they lose big he talks them up to earth - this was a bad game for all of us, I blew a lot of things. But one thing Gibbs is not...is reactionary. I doubt he flew off the handle, not that he will "spare the rod" in practice or anything.

What can he say, anyway? He got outcoached, plain and simple. Got used by not having changed his playcalling system, so the Giants were able to get an idea of what was happening from Hasselback; never once seemed to catch the Giants off-balance.

Everyone should be ashamed of this performance. The buck stops with the HC. When a team comes out that flat, that slow off the ball and that milquetoasty in the face of a rout, it's the boss' fault. Period.

Does that mean Gibbs stinks all of a sudden, or that game has passed him by? Heck no. But in the face of such a debacle, he has to stand up and take the heat.

Which brings me to this thought. "Which loss was worse? SF beating Tampa, Denver thrashing the pre-season NFC favorite Eagles, or the Crushing by the G-men?".....Hmmmmm

are you serious? we didn't even score!

at least in a tough loss you can go back and count one or two plays that

could've turned it around the other way.

there is NOTHING positive I can find from this disaster of a game.

Usually the rule of thumb is to treat the players the opposite of the way they're playing.

So if they're kicking ass then you go hard on them and push them more so they don't let up.

If they're struggling you take it easy.

Thats just something I heard though. I think a 3x SB winner like Gibbs has better methods though. :)

I don't think that Gibbs will pull out that whiny bull crap like Norv used to with the we did somethings well or we were close to winning. I wouldn't be surprised if Andy Reid tries to run against us or even has Donovan try and run against us. If that happens, I think that Donovan McNabb may get put out early. I don't think that the eagles can beat us running. However, if we play the eagles like we just played, it is going to be a long season!

Archived