Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This all goes back to our draft.......

knowledge316

Bottom line is this..........the past draft, we did not improve the team at all. We lose Smoot all b/c of some $500,000 or so and then we draft a CB and QB. I'm not saying Rogers or Campbell will not be good with us in the future.

Just saying that we did not improve using our draft picks. We basically stayed the same, if not regressed on D. Rogers doesn't even start or get significant playing time yet, that may change by the end of the season.

Our best option would've been to resign Smoot and pick up Merriman, the beast from the University of Maryland. That move would have definitely improved our pass rush and rush defense.

He is a playmaker........watch him play sometimes. I told you all he would be a beast. Would've been a perfect fit for us also.

I would agree that we have ignored the d-line for far too long.

Rogers was a GOOD pick. I have no problem with him. Cambell was costly but still a good pick. This year has shown us that Ramsey is not the long term answer @ QB and Brunell is old. Gibbs was wise to do something about it now.

We have to start drafting some d-lineman for the future!

Bailey got torched, too.

This is wrong headed thinking. We tried to get Courtney Brown on the D-Line, but he went to Denver. The jury is still out on this year's draft becasue we haven't seen the rookie QB, but I like what I see of CR...except for that chronic ankle.

Smoot got torched today.

And what was the point of saying that?

He was a very good player with us and just becuase he got torched today doesn't mean the same with happen if he played for us. Schemes also matter, and GW's scheme is very good for cornerbacks. Also, some of ya'll are thinking that I said Rogers and Campbell are gonna be bad players. I never said that.

In my opinion, it wasn't a good choice to let Smoot go because of that little bit of money. It would've been wiser to just pay him and improve the other areas, which Merriman would've done.

what team does merriman play for?

Chargers. Guy is a beast. Today was his first game starting, got 2 sacks, took Priest Holmes out of the game, and a forced fumble.

Thats my college. Seen him play here and lift weights at the gym, even played b-ball with him. Extremely athletic. He is a freak of nature.

And what was the point of saying that?

He was a very good player with us and just becuase he got torched today doesn't mean the same with happen if he played for us. Schemes also matter, and GW's scheme is very good for cornerbacks. Also, some of ya'll are thinking that I said Rogers and Campbell are gonna be bad players. I never said that.

In my opinion, it wasn't a good choice to let Smoot go because of that little bit of money. It would've been wiser to just pay him and improve the other areas, which Merriman would've done.

I think you used him as an example of players whose leaving hurt us. I just wanted to let you know got double-burned today.

Chargers. Guy is a beast. Today was his first game starting, got 2 sacks, took Priest Holmes out of the game, and a forced fumble.

Thats my college. Seen him play here and lift weights at the gym, even played b-ball with him. Extremely athletic. He is a freak of nature.

Yeah, I'm watching highlights of Merriman now...he is a monster.

Archived