Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you given up on the season?

The Sir

Some people are so pesimistic about the Redskins right now. Fire this guy, fire that guy, we have no hope, etc... I'm interested to see how many people have honestly given up on the season.

Votes on this poll are open for everyone to see.

NO way in hail do I give up on the Skins, We was the best team in tyhe NFL in 1991, undefeated and lost to the worst team in the NFL the Cowgurls. We plain and simple didnt show up for this game because NY is NOT a better team then us, come on people 36-0 and you think that will happen agian? All we got was humbled, all NY got was big headed enough to get blown out by these scores many times this season and come december in Fed Ex, we will prove were the better team and even knock them out the playoffs. every gtood team has a day like this, just face it and get over it.

Give up on the skins????Huh? I think we can all agree we had a pitiful performance, and at the same time the g-strings had a very good performance, When those two types of performances meet well, you end up 36-0. Or something to that effect. However we will meet the g-strings again. This time at our house and I have a funny feeling about the "INTENSITY" that will be shown in that game. This one hurt. But I will Keep my Burgundy hat on this week and proudly display The golden R. We are for real. We will be ready for philly. They will go down, as will the g-strings in our next matchup. Even the g-strings know that what they saw on that field today is not Redskin football. If there are fans on this site giving up on the season because of the egg that we laid today then I would be hesitant to call them fans at all. 1 more thing while I'm thinking on it is all this talk about getting rid of some players. Huh? Arent these the same players that were being hailed last week , so now there the beneficiary of a terrible loss and we start talking about cutting or benching certain players. I like our team. I like our players too. We have a damn good group of guys that want to win. I would hope that they will recieve support from us when they come off a game like this. This was a fluke game and everyone knows it. But no. I will never give up on my skins.

I voted yes, but I don't know if "giving up" is the right term. I think realistic about where we'll end up is closer to the mark.

We've lost 3 of our last 4 games, with the 1 win at home against the worst team in the NFL. Our next 4 games are Philly, Tampa, Oakland and San Diego. We'll be damn lucky to come out of that strech with a 1-3 record.

Our wins against Dallas and Seattle probably should've been losses. Heck even the game against the Bears could've been a loss very easily.

The media said we are just a mirage and we all said , "wrong". Well guess who was wrong. Good teams don't lose 36 - 0.

Oh, and of course we don't have a number 1 pick this coming draft.

I'm so depressed. This team kills me.

We had a very bad game , but is still early in the season, hey, Tampa lost against the 49ers, The Eagles lost by 28 points against Denver, I think the Redskins need to work hard to fix all the problems they got but come on, do you realy thing we have regresed that much, from last week??? :helmet:

No way I'm giving up. Sure this was the nastiest a$$-whoopin' we got in quite a while, combined with the fact that NO ONE showed up to play, but you learn from it. This loss may turn out to be a great learning experience for the players AND the coaches. Don't get me twisted, I'm not turning on the coaches but obviously the offensive plays and the defensive schemes need to be tweaked a bit more. Special teams will have a decent amount of tape to study to.

Let's be brutally honest. The Redskins were not going to the Super Bowl this year. The way I see it, only one team is successful every year. This game will mean nothing in a few years. I'd rather have ten 0-16 seasons, then win a Super Bowl then be in the hunt every year and never get it. It's all about the Lombardi's.

We had a very bad game , but is still early in the season, hey, Tampa lost against the 49ers, The Eagles lost by 28 points against Denver, I think the Redskins need to work hard to fix all the problems they got but come on, do you realy thing we have regresed that much, from last week??? :helmet:

It's the way we regressed.This was a god awful performance, embarrassing. Im not giving up, but I just knew we turned the corner after the 49ers game.Sorry to see that I may be wrong, we just can't win the big game for some reason. :helmet:

It's the way we regressed.This was a god awful performance, embarrassing. Im not giving up, but I just knew we turned the corner after the 49ers game.Sorry to see that I may be wrong, we just can't win the big game for some reason. :helmet:

That's what is killing the "negative" fans. Trippster is right, it's all about the Lombardis. Maybe we will beat an over-rated, seriously exposed Philadelphia team next week. Who cares? Maybe we'll salvage a 9-7 season. Great. That's not what this was supposed to be about. We were supposed to be making the improvements we need to seriously contend for a Lombardi.

And improvement #1 was supposed to be the "winning attitude" and "Redskins pride". Where was that pride and winning attitude when they were playing grab ass with the Giants players after every play?

Was that slobberknocker football we saw out there today???

Was it???

The way this team behaved today it's obvious most of the players are not focused on the Lombardis. It's all about the Benjamins for these guys.

I desperately wanted this team to prove today that it was for real. I was dreaming about this game all week. It was going to be a defining moment for us. I would be the first to rationalize away the loss if they had played hard, WITH PRIDE, and been SOMEWHAT prepared for the game.

You go watch an PGA tournament for instance. Good players will have a bad tournament. No big deal. Maybe a triple or even 2-3 doubles in a round. Throw up an 82. Whatever. You figure they'll bounce back.

But what you don't see is a good player whiff in the tee box. When have you seen that? You don't see a good player skull it across the green 2-3 times like a 25+ player. Because as professionals you expect some basic level of performance and some basic level of focus.

The Game****s would have beaten the Skins today. Granted it would have been close, but they would have won.

skins just had an all around bad day. nobody felt like playing and we played an emotional hyped team.

Nobody felt like playing???? Let's take a typical starter who has a contract that averages $2m a year. That's a $125k per game. Not to mention pension contributions, etc. (Our "stars" of course make more than that. Like our buddy Chris Samuels.)

$125k for clocking in today. And they didn't feel like playing?

I don't pay my employees anywhere near that. But when I go in tomorrow, I better not hear someone say "You know what, I didn't feel like helping that customer today." If I ever hear that, I'll have a position to fill in about 60 seconds.

I send my check to the team every year just like a lot of people on this board. I listen to ads in the stadium. I buy my family and guests beer, fries, jerseys, you name it. I watch the ads for the other 8 games at home. Just like everyone else. It's the FANS who pay the player's salaries. They can't just mail it in and then take our support for granted.

The more I watch plays from today the more disgusted I am. They were absolutely pathetic.

Yes, not completely, but to an extent. And I'll defend myself.

I see us winning the division next to impossible. I see us getting a Wild Card spot very unlikely. This is because games like today and the Dallas/Philly game has shown the incredible parity in the NFC East. I really think that the Giants and Eagles will finish 1-2 at this point. I'm very certain it'll be those two teams on top. Are we good enough to sneak into a Wild Card spot? Yes, absolutely. But I don't think we're positioned correctly. This division is going to beat the hell out of itself all year long. That's why those two out of conference losses are going to hurt so bad. This division is so good that we need to win a significant amount of non-division games. 2-2 won't cut it, and I think we'll hover around .500 in those games with the difficulty of our schedule the rest of the year.

Winning half of these games is not a bad thing, in fact it's admirable since we're playing one of the more dynamic and difficult divisions in the NFL (not to mention that we drew the two hardest road stadiums in the AFC West and maybe the entire NFL). It would probably fetch us 10-6 if we weren't in the NFC East.

Could we surprise people and finish 3-1 the rest of the way out in the division? Maybe, but I don't think that's going to happen. Does it mean it's not worth watching the rest of the year? In a couple of words: **** no. I'll be watching every minute, just like Mr. S made me do today.

Let's be brutally honest. The Redskins were not going to the Super Bowl this year. The way I see it, only one team is successful every year. This game will mean nothing in a few years. I'd rather have ten 0-16 seasons, then win a Super Bowl then be in the hunt every year and never get it. It's all about the Lombardi's.

Can I remind as to how fun 14-13 was?

Can I remind as to how fun 14-13 was?

I am still ecstatic about that one!!!!! To me will still have a chance for 3 suberbowls this year.......#1 beating the cowgirls on the road......#2 beating the cowgirls at home.......#3 winning the big show.....Go Skins!!!!!!!! Gibbs will fix it!:notworthy

given up? that word doesn't exist in my vocab...

i can't believe ppl who say yes are real skins fan...you're actually giving up on a season and we're one game over .500? Wow..just wow. The way you guys backed it up is pretty weak. It was just a bad day. Don't you ever have a bad day once a year? Honestly? The redskins sure did, and luckily it was today, and not a playoff game. We'll be back. Mail in the season wehn we've lost 3-4 in a row and the division is already decided. And even then you shouldn't mail it in. Things are very UNPREDICTABLE... Giving up right now means you guys are pathetic to the 10th degree. Just sickening to me hearing you guys say there's no hope. it's his 2nd season for Gods Sake. What do you want? Isn't 4-3 good enough after 7 games with Mr. Brunell at the helm? DAMN!

Sometimes stuff happens. Remember Super Bowl XVIII.......a great Skins team that came out and laid an absolute egg on the biggest stage possible. Yes, those guys were coached by Joe Jackson Gibbs.

More than anything I think that 52-17 score we laid on the Niners last week had the Skins smelling themselves, and it showed. We can bounce back. However, if we go out and let Philly have their way with us, there'll be major cause for concern.

Archived