Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you given up on the season?

The Sir

Redskins fans don't know the meaning of giving up...even if the Redskins themselves do...like they did today. Today's game was humiliating...I hope they actually practice this week.

I used to agree that Skins fans always had faith. I remember last year when we were 5-9 or whatever and everyone was still talking playoffs. But it sounds like a lot of fans have honestly given up. So I figured I'd ask them to see if they were just angry after a loss or if they were actually serious.

"Let's see … the 'Skins win their first three games by a total of six points (with two of the games being legitimately blown by the other team) … then they drop two to the Broncos and Chiefs … then they destroy a horrendous 49ers team … and suddenly they're getting less than a field goal in the Meadowlands against a quality Giants team? Seems a little early to break out the Popsicles, doesn't it?" Bill Simmons - ESPN

And now this trainwreck today...

Not giving up, but feeling like I could puke!

I think it is going to be a long, long, long, rest of the season

I hope the no stays at 0.00%. Anyone voting yes can go jump on the Colts bandwagon.

so you are giving up on this team after one blowout division loss or do you mean you hope the yes stays at 0.00%, b/c if you are giving up on the team, you arent a true fan, and can hop on the 7-0 colts bandwagon

Ill say, until you are out of the playoff picture, the season aint over. 4-3. I dont think that means the end of everything.

The next 2 weeks show you guys what your team is all about. Philly and TB. It's going to be tought. If you guys can even split that, you may be OK. 4-5, that could be hard to climb out of. But until you catch the 8th, maybe even 9th loss, I woulddn't give up on a season

No way you going to have games like that every team at one time has a game like that not too worried I'm disappointed because they did give a better showing they just didn't show intensity on either side of the ball that match the Giants they kinda walked in to a hornet's nest . I'm still not convinced on the Giants they played with a lot of emotions hats off to them .

No, I certainly don't think you can write off the season yet, while the team is still 4-3. But, as I have said all along, I just dont think this team is as good as many people seem to think. We struggled mightily against the Bears and barely beat the 'Boys and the Seahawks in games we could have just as easily lost. We get trounced by the Giants who appear to be the class of the NFC East. We still have our two games against the Eagles who are currently in a dogfight with the Broncos and may very well win.

More than that, we just can't seem to play a consistent game without the big mistake, the big turnover, or allowing opposing RB's to run ruffshod over our defense. But, if we can even split the four remaining games that we have against division opponents we get two wins (6-5). I hope we can take the Cardinals (7-5). But from Oakland, San Diego, St. Louis and Tampa Bay I think we will be lucky to go 2-2 which gives you a 9-7 record. We might get lucky, and get 10 wins, but, I feel it is much more possible to be a 7-9 or 8-8 team. But, it is possible (although unlikely) that 9 wins gets a wildcard. Probably need 10 and I just don't see it. Gibbs is going to have to work some magic to get us their, I fear. But totally give, up.....not yet.

I voted yes. It's not because they lost. It's not even because we didn't convincingly beat anyone in the first 6 games other than the SF bye.

It's because they gave up. They laughed about it. They didn't care. They showed major structural weaknesses that other serious opponents will easily be able to exploit.

They did not look like a Gibbs team. Until I got married, I had a picture of Gibbs in my room for 15 years. I used to tell my wife (then gf) that we'd have 4 kids and name them Art, Gary, Ricky and John. I bleed burgundy and gold.

This isn't about having faith in Gibbs. It's about NOT having faith in the people around him. That includes players he inherited and is sort of stuck with, a front office that sets the wrong tone for the players, and a coaching staff that isn't as good as we thought (below Gibbs)

This is starting to remind me of a bad reunion show or the 7th sequel to a good movie that should have stopped at the 2nd. I'm sorry to say that, but I really believe it's true.

I love Coach Gibbs. What he did in NASCAR was amazing. But he was the owner, and there is no salary cap in NASCAR. He got to build his own facility, his crew, his drivers, every last wrench in the box. And other than the drivers, the rest of the crew that makes a race team win are not overhyped celebrities with 8 figure deals. And if they slack off, there isn't any complex cap ramification protecting their a** from being out on the street the next morning. In NASCAR, he hired the best available person at every single position, without exception. Not the person he inherited, not the person who he was buddys with 20 years ago. Just the best. Period.

And that's not even close to what we have here. IF he had all that around him, Coach would need two hands for his rings. I have ZERO doubt about that. But that's not how the NFL works.

To me a fan is someone who wants to see a team win. Someone who is emotionally invested in a team. But it doesn't mean a fan has to be some Pollyanna who thinks everything is always going to turn out wonderful. I'm not saying that Pollyanna's can't be fans. I'm saying fans don't necessarily have to be Pollyannas to be "real" fans.

I voted yes. It's not because they lost. It's not even because we didn't convincingly beat anyone in the first 6 games other than the SF bye.

It's because they gave up. They laughed about it. They didn't care. They showed major structural weaknesses that other serious opponents will easily be able to exploit.

They did not look like a Gibbs team. Until I got married, I had a picture of Gibbs in my room for 15 years. I used to tell my wife (then gf) that we'd have 4 kids and name them Art, Gary, Ricky and John. I bleed burgundy and gold.

This isn't about having faith in Gibbs. It's about NOT having faith in the people around him. That includes players he inherited and is sort of stuck with, a front office that sets the wrong tone for the players, and a coaching staff that isn't as good as we thought (below Gibbs)

This is starting to remind me of a bad reunion show or the 7th sequel to a good movie that should have stopped at the 2nd. I'm sorry to say that, but I really believe it's true.

I love Coach Gibbs. What he did in NASCAR was amazing. But he was the owner, and there is no salary cap in NASCAR. He got to build his own facility, his crew, his drivers, every last wrench in the box. And other than the drivers, the rest of the crew that makes a race team win are not overhyped celebrities with 8 figure deals. And if they slack off, there isn't any complex cap ramification protecting their a** from being out on the street the next morning. In NASCAR, he hired the best available person at every single position, without exception. Not the person he inherited, not the person who he was buddys with 20 years ago. Just the best. Period.

And that's not even close to what we have here. IF he had all that around him, Coach would need two hands for his rings. I have ZERO doubt about that. But that's not how the NFL works.

To me a fan is someone who wants to see a team win. Someone who is emotionally invested in a team. But it doesn't mean a fan has to be some Pollyanna who thinks everything is always going to turn out wonderful. I'm not saying that Pollyanna's can't be fans. I'm saying fans don't necessarily have to be Pollyannas to be "real" fans.

Thank you for saying that. I get my ass busted in here when I say that I just don't think this team is headed in the right direction. And what you say about Gibbs is a big part of it.

Now, I can't imagine that Gibbs has forgotten all he knows about the "X's and O's" of the game. Or, since he's been away for awhile I doubt that he can't learn what he has missed over the last few years - he is certainly a smart man. It just seems that this team is lethargic and doesnt really have the heart to win and work on the fundamentals of the game. So many stupid mistakes, so many turnovers and dropped passes. I dunno, maybe Gibbs needs more time to instill his winning attituded - can he do it with the players he has today? Does Gibbs himself have the same drive to win that he had back in the 80's - it makes me wonder.

If it is a question of personnell, how long will it take for Gibbs to put the players around him that he needs?

And, I'll say it again, I think we have a lot bigger problems at QB than people seem to think. I don't think Brunell is the answer and he is definitely not the long-term answer. Ramsay, of course, is done in DC. So what do we have? Not much, I'm affraid.

Archived