Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stop it already! Dang!

Teller

Alright look. Today has been miserable. Pathetic even. We're making the 49ers of last week look good. I understand all that. What I don't understand is how the BEST DAMN FANS in the NFL can completely turn on this team, this coach, this season.

We can't let our emotions and opinions swing this far based on one game. For God's sake, we played damn good football in our first six games, won four (should have won five), and had a shot to tie the other on the last play. Yeah, we dropped a king size turd today, and trust me the HALL OF FAME COACH running this team will be sure to let our boys know that.

You don't want to be in the film room with Joe Gibbs this week. This guy has seen and done it all. He knows when a team is "fighting their guts out" and when they're "mailing it in." I didn't think I'd say this in 2005, but the Washington Redskins mailed it in today. I promise you. I guaran-friggin'-tee you, you will not see this next week. We may not beat Philly, but that team from the first six games that played with heart, guts, and never quit will be back.

Coach Gibbs didn't win us 150 games and three Lombardi trophies by allowing his teams to coast every once in a while. Much less in a huge division game. I can understand some of the younger guys who don't know the whole Joe Gibbs story panicking. They don't know what it's like to see a dominant Redskin team. We do. And we know who gave it to us. Anyone over 30 with the figurative shotgun in his (or her) mouth should be ashamed.

Believe dear Skins fans. This is not a Steve Spurrier coached team. This is not a Norv Turner coached team. This is a Joe Gibbs football team. We might not take home the hardware this year. But if you think we're going to fold like most of the teams of the past 12 years, you're out of your stinking minds.

Nobody on this planet hates to lose more than Joe Gibbs. Nobody. It's going to be a tough week at Redskins Park. And it's going to show next week.

The Redskins deserved to be critized today. That was one of the worst games I've seen them play under our great head coach. But some of the posts I'm reading are ridiculous. You know who you are. If you don't, I hope someone else here realizes the world is not coming to an end today, and will help set you straight.

Anybody can be a fan when things are going well. REDSKIN fans hang the hell in there after days like today. Who's with me? Anybody??

Hail To The Redskins! (Still and always!)

If you disagree, then we don't need you anyway.

:helmet:

img9012869.jpg

I'm not giving up on the Redskins. It's only one loss. We are now 4-3, which isn't bad in the NFC. If we win against the eagles next week we will be tied with Dallas. that's not a bad thing. I'm upset not at the loss, but how poorly we tried to win the game. We got beat in every aspect of the game. We didn't look like a 4-3 team, we looked like a 0-7 team. We need some serious changes to be given any respect as a top 10 team for some time to come.

I don't expect this team to quit, and I don't think anyone really does. I do expect some knee jerk posts due to frustration/anger, but that's going to happen. Everyone who's been here knows it's going to happen.

The best thing to do is to look at the film, fix some of the bad stuff (and there's a lot of it) and look ahead to the Eagles.

Of course we're going to be there! But I've been watching my whole life, never remember Gibbs coaching the first time except the Super Bowl against Buffalo. So excuse me if I'm skeptical that this team won't fall apart.

You'll say the Redskins will play with fire against the Eagles, recent history tells me they'll disappoint me once again.

This wasn't the real Skins today, and hopefully this loss will make sure we will see the real team the rest of the way.

and this wasn't the real Giants team either. They were playing above their head, and the Skins gave them every advantage.... not trying to take anything away from the Giants.

Watchout for a let down game against the 49ers... but they should still win.

I think we will be better prepared for philly Sunday night.

I'm not giving up on this team at all. I'm not a player out there on the field weekly but this game leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. Horrible tackling, people out of position, dropped passes and on top of that they were shut out. How this team responds against Philly is going to be really huge.

No, you guys should have won 2 games. Thats it. Dallas and Seattle were lucky for you. I called it early this year, this is a team that is lucky, and lucky doesn't get you to the playoffs. Full of overrateds. Next week says alot about your guys team, hey I may be wrong.

By the way, I agree with you. Nothing makes me angrier than fans turning on the team so quick. I bet before kcik off everyone on here was a loud and proud skins fan

Good post.

It is tough for us fans to take a loss like this when we all know what this team is

capable of. Quit yelling for players to be cut, coaches to be fired etc... Start supporting the team in good times and bad. It is sad that we are 4-3 after going 3-0

but that is where the Skins are. Time to suck it up, regroup and play better.

After 3rd quarter most of us realized the game was over. I'm not really angry as much as in complete shock. The Giants had one of the worst defenses in the league and they completely shut us down for the whole game. I need some time to soak it all in.

No, you guys should have won 2 games. Thats it. Dallas and Seattle were lucky for you. I called it early this year, this is a team that is lucky, and lucky doesn't get you to the playoffs. Full of overrateds. Next week says alot about your guys team, hey I may be wrong.

By the way, I agree with you. Nothing makes me angrier than fans turning on the team so quick. I bet before kcik off everyone on here was a loud and proud skins fan

WRONG, as usual

Luck wins are a bad call, a tipped pass caught, hail mary,etc....

I guareentee we will will more than we lose the next nine games.

**You are wrong. We won the games we should have won. Check the scores. If you knew anything at all about this team you would know that luck is not something that's been on our side this year. Lucky would have been recovering Eli's fumble on the sack in the opening drive.

**Nothing makes me angrier than someone with nothing better to do with their time then to rub salt in someone else's wound. It's real easy to make broad sweeping statements based on no particular instance. If there's a point you want to make try using specifics.

Coach Gibbs didn't win us 150 games and three Lombardi trophies by allowing his teams to coast every once in a while. Much less in a huge division game. I can understand some of the younger guys who don't know the whole Joe Gibbs story panicking. They don't know what it's like to see a dominant Redskin team. We do. And we know who gave it to us. Anyone over 30 with the figurative shotgun in his (or her) mouth should be ashamed.

But those real Gibbs teams didn't quit. And they always fought. That was the whole point of those teams. I don't blame Coach Gibbs for this, and I know that he will do his personal best to make this work. But he can't do it alone. The organization around him is mostly hype and glitz. (Exhibit A: Chris Samuels).

Again, I remember those years vividly. I go back and watch those games from time to time. Not just the wins. I had a 2 weekend game watching fest at my house when he decided to come back. The team that played today bears no resemblance to a Gibbs team.

there is no such thing as a luck win. if there is then the giants got one last week coming back, but I don't belive in "lucky" wins. If Dallas wanted to beat us then they would have played better coverage, but didn't. We dominated Seattle for mostly the whole game and should have won that game in the first place. I don't see it as luck that a kicker missed a 49 yard field goal in which he missed a 48 yarder earlier in the game.

There is no such thing as a "luck" win, unless I guess the refs screw you over on one of the last plays.

FarEastBeast, I completely understand where you're coming from. Not having lived through Gibbs I, there isn't much of a reason to believe. You have to kind of trust those of us that remember, and I wouldn't be too willing to do that either if I were you.

Trust me though. Spurrier is a very good college coach. Nothing more. Turner is a very good offensive coordinator. Nothing more. Gibbs is a Hall of Famer. Nothing less. Gibbs has had days like this before (or days close to it at least). He knew by halftime how he was going to handle this week in practice.

To all, I understand the letdown today. Trust me, I'm feeling it just as much as anyone. But criticize the playcalls. Criticize missed assignments. Complain about the turnovers. All of that is perfectly legitimate. But like Idaho Fan said, quit calling for everybody's head on a platter. Especially guys that were untouchable to us just 24 hours ago.

As for you Mr. Bullocks, beating Roy Williams twice on the same play to win a ballgame is not luck. It's called finding a weakness and exploiting it. The Seattle game, OK, we benefitted from the "doink." But we've had our share of special teams mistakes over the years too (1999!). Get over it.

We all can see that the Skins played like a High school football team today, but we also know the phrase "any given Sunday". For example, everyone is talking about how good and solid the Bucs are this year but they just lost to the worst team in the league, the team the Skins beat by 35 last week. Believe me no one was in more misery than I was. I was home (in NJ) watching the game with ALL Giants fans. After all the talking I did all week I will be eating crow for at least the next week (when we beat the Eagles).But the fact remains the Skins are my one and only team and as good or bad as they play I'll support them and cheer for them until my last breath so lets live and learn from todays events and PREPARE for next weeks game.

Archived