Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Va. Tech schedule is a joke!

Bonez3

It's early, but Texas is losing large. Just made me prognosticate on possible championship teams.

If Va. Tech goes, I'll be pissed. They have an easier schedule than some D II schools. They barely deserve to be in the top 5.

One game- Miami (who clearly lacks talent this year and is not very good) and I hope they get whopped. If they get a shot at the title I would cry fowl.

Their schedule gets tougher in the next few weeks but they'll still win out.

It isn't like Texas's schedule is that much harder. Besides their one game at Ohio State it's been about equal as far as SOS goes.

VA Tech is a great team. SOS or not they deserve that top 5 ranking.

You play who's on your schedule.

You also schedule who's on your schedule.

Their OOC games aren't THAT bad though. They went to Morgantown and then they also have to play their tough ACC schedule. It's not a joke schedule like Auburn's last year. I don't look at VT as a team you can get on for their OOC schedule. They played USC last year.

If team's do miss out on the NC because of their schedule though, it's their own fault.

BCS is a joke. How the hell can anyone say for sure which among undefeated teams is the best? They haven't lost, no one has the slightest clue what would happen if they played eachother. And what about teams like Georgia today that lose because their QB is injured?

If it isn't a playoff it's bullsh** there is no middle ground.

You also schedule who's on your schedule.

Their OOC games aren't THAT bad though. They went to Morgantown and then they also have to play their tough ACC schedule. It's not a joke schedule like Auburn's last year. I don't look at VT as a team you can get on for their OOC schedule. They played USC last year.

If team's do miss out on the NC because of their schedule though, it's their own fault.

Also, the BCS takes strength of schedule into account. So if your schedule is weaker, you get penalized for that in the rankings.

Well the schedules are out, what 4 or 5 years in advance. You have no clue who will be good at that time. Your conference may be the toughest this year, but in 5 years who knows?

I think that they should keep the BCS, but after those 4 games are played, the winners should have at it for the championship. That way both sides win, you still have your BCS and you also have some sort of playoff. But who am I? Yup just a fan.

So Texas weak scheduled should be overlooked because of past precedent that their conference is usually tougher? Dude you're a poor excuse for a hater.

No, I hated on Texas too. Just saying the ACC as a whole has been systemically scaled from one or two great teams to a field of bums for many years.

Well the schedules are out, what 4 or 5 years in advance. You have no clue who will be good at that time. Your conference may be the toughest this year, but in 5 years who knows?

I think that they should keep the BCS, but after those 4 games are played, the winners should have at it for the championship. That way both sides win, you still have your BCS and you also have some sort of playoff. But who am I? Yup just a fan.

No, I think the schedules are only 1 year in advance...I could be wrong, though. Still some uncertainty there.

Texas really hasnt played a tougher schedule besides Ohio State. Who's the next best teamed they played, a depleted Oklahoma? Tech has played good teams like West Virginia, and Boston College, and still has games against Miami, and Virginia. Also probably Florida State in the ACC championship. I wouldnt call that an easy schedule.

As much as I HATE Va. Tech, I gotta admit that they have a harder schedule than does Texas, and Texas could go thought the rest of their schedule, including the Big XII title game, without playing another ranked team

But, having said that, I just have a feeling that if USC gets to the BCS Title game, NO ONE will beat them. When you consider that the game is gonna be played in the Rose Bowl, which is like about 30 minutes from the USC campus, that will be like a home game for them, with probally well over 70,000 of the people at the game most likely gonna be USC fans

You sir, are an idiot.

ACC is hands down the best conference in the country. Ask 5 knowledgeable college football fans (and no, you're not one of them) with no biases which is the best conference, four of them will say the ACC. The Big 12 is a complete joke and is lucky to have the Big East in the BCS. Texas' only quality win was against OSU, but if they lose one more, even that game loses its luster. The second best team in the little 12 is Oklahoma, and they're a friggin' joke this year. Let's see, where do I start? The Hokies have utterly DOMINATED:

#17 WVU at WVU

Georgia Tech who was ranked at the time until we took them behind the woodshed.

#13 Boston College

and we still got #6 Miami and #9 FSU in the ACC Championship.

To say that schedule is a joke is nothing short of moronic. And when we destroy both Miami AND FSU, we will not be denied Pasadena. Our Defense (that's right, I capitalized Defense, that's how good it is) is the only one in the entire country that can even remotely contain USC. When was the last time USC was held to less than 30 points?? When VT played them at Fedex last year. Hokies lost 24-13 and we're itchin' for some payback.

Current number of teams ranked in Top 25 by conference as of October 30th:

ACC: 4 (three of them in top 10! chump.)

Big 10: 4 (one of which will be dropping out tomorrow)

Big 12: 2 (Texas will play an unranked team in the little 12 championship and TTech is overrated)

SEC: 6 (UT will be waving bye bye to the rankings tomorrow)

Pac 10: 4

Big East: 1

Can't believe I even wasted 10 minutes of my time on you. Keep hatin'. I'll see you in Pasadena.

I'm not sure why VA Tech fans are thumping their chests just yet. You really haven't played anyone yet. Lets look back at some of the great Novembers VA Tech has had in the past few years.... 2002 start 8-0, finish 2-4.....2003 start 6-0, finish 2-5. This may be a year Tech continues to dominate, but lets not forget a little Tech history. I think it's a little too early to chalk up wins against Miami and FSU (if you play them).

ACC hands down the best conference? I guess we can't ask you because of your obvious bias. By your logic, the SEC is the best conference as they have more teams in the Top 25. VA Tech (and Texas) would have at least one loss if they played Florida or Tenneessee's schedule this year.

prophet, I disagree with you on one point. USC would still be undefeated in the SEC. That team is just way better than everyone else in the country. They won the only game on their schedule that was questionable (Notre Dame) and will win out, including the MNC. That still does not change the fact that all three teams you mentioned have played relatively weak schedules and none of the three have beaten a great team this year.

I'm not sure why VA Tech fans are thumping their chests just yet. You really haven't played anyone yet. Lets look back at some of the great Novembers VA Tech has had in the past few years.... 2002 start 8-0, finish 2-4.....2003 start 6-0, finish 2-5. This may be a year Tech continues to dominate, but lets not forget a little Tech history. I think it's a little too early to chalk up wins against Miami and FSU (if you play them).

ACC hands down the best conference? I guess we can't ask you because of your obvious bias. By your logic, the SEC is the best conference as they have more teams in the Top 25. VA Tech (and Texas) would have at least one loss if they played Florida or Tenneessee's schedule this year.

UTenn is a poor team this year, losing to USC is a disgrace

Face it, the SEC is down this year.

Each week VT fans have had to hear "well this week is your first big test"

First it was NCSU

Then it was Georgia Tech

Then WVU

Then UMD on the road

Then BC

Every single week, same thing from the mediots "VT will get tested this week"

And when VT blows them out? You hear calls that particular team was overrated, and NEXT week will be a true test

What is going to happen when VT beats Miami by 4 TD's?

And I guess you do not remember last season where VT ran off 8 straight wins after starting the season 2-2. The years of collapsing are over

It's early, but Texas is losing large. Just made me prognosticate on possible championship teams.

If Va. Tech goes, I'll be pissed. They have an easier schedule than some D II schools. They barely deserve to be in the top 5.

One game- Miami (who clearly lacks talent this year and is not very good) and I hope they get whopped. If they get a shot at the title I would cry fowl.

This post is extremely off base. First off, Va. Tech, regardless of their schedule is a legit national championship contender. Their specials teams and defense are incredible and their offense is nothing to laugh at with Marcus Vick at the helm.

Onto Miami, no, they aren't the same Miami team from 2001, and they do lack some talent. However the whole "not very good" line is also way, way off base. I can't remember the last time there was a team in the top ten that "wasn't very good".

You sir, are an idiot.

ACC is hands down the best conference in the country. Ask 5 knowledgeable college football fans (and no, you're not one of them) with no biases which is the best conference, four of them will say the ACC. The Big 12 is a complete joke and is lucky to have the Big East in the BCS. Texas' only quality win was against OSU, but if they lose one more, even that game loses its luster. The second best team in the little 12 is Oklahoma, and they're a friggin' joke this year. Let's see, where do I start? The Hokies have utterly DOMINATED:

#17 WVU at WVU

Georgia Tech who was ranked at the time until we took them behind the woodshed.

#13 Boston College

and we still got #6 Miami and #9 FSU in the ACC Championship.

To say that schedule is a joke is nothing short of moronic. And when we destroy both Miami AND FSU, we will not be denied Pasadena. Our Defense (that's right, I capitalized Defense, that's how good it is) is the only one in the entire country that can even remotely contain USC. When was the last time USC was held to less than 30 points?? When VT played them at Fedex last year. Hokies lost 24-13 and we're itchin' for some payback.

Current number of teams ranked in Top 25 by conference as of October 30th:

ACC: 4 (three of them in top 10! chump.)

Big 10: 4 (one of which will be dropping out tomorrow)

Big 12: 2 (Texas will play an unranked team in the little 12 championship and TTech is overrated)

SEC: 6 (UT will be waving bye bye to the rankings tomorrow)

Pac 10: 4

Big East: 1

Can't believe I even wasted 10 minutes of my time on you. Keep hatin'. I'll see you in Pasadena.

Ok- fire up your printer... I was wrong.

But, I was only wrong about the ACC being weak. I will submit to your argument only because you have the evidence. I still think 'my client' is innocent- just not enough evidence to support it. But, trust me, the SEC and Big ten are better/harder conferences.

I see how the ACC can be touted as 'good'. But really, FSU + Miami are not (and BC SUCKS,SUCKS,SUCKS), and after them there is NOBODY (That's rite, nobody with ALL capitals).

So, take this away, ACC on paper is strong. But, you won't be going to Pasadena but you might meet the Irish, which I mentioned to you earlier. We'll see who the idiot is than :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok- fire up your printer... I was wrong.

But, I was only wrong about the ACC being weak. I will submit to your argument only because you have the evidence. I still think 'my client' is innocent- just not enough evidence to support it. But, trust me, the SEC and Big ten are better/harder conferences.

I see how the ACC can be touted as 'good'. But really, FSU + Miami are not (and BC SUCKS,SUCKS,SUCKS), and after them there is NOBODY (That's rite, nobody with ALL capitals).

So, take this away, ACC on paper is strong. But, you won't be going to Pasadena but you might meet the Irish, which I mentioned to you earlier. We'll see who the idiot is than :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How can you continue to say two of the top ten teams in the nation aren't good?

It's unbelievable. FSU, Miami and Va Tech are three of the best teams in the ENTIRE NATION and they aren't good? Right.

This post is extremely off base. First off, Va. Tech, regardless of their schedule is a legit national championship contender. Their specials teams and defense are incredible and their offense is nothing to laugh at with Marcus Vick at the helm.

Onto Miami, no, they aren't the same Miami team from 2001, and they do lack some talent. However the whole "not very good" line is also way, way off base. I can't remember the last time there was a team in the top ten that "wasn't very good".

Look, it's a hater post. But once I saw ND might play the Howies, I really don't care. VT is gonna be in for a crude awakening about just how unqualified their defense is to face the Irsih :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived