Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants fans take on NFC east Safeties.

End2round2sanders

what i like about sean taylor is not cause hes a hard hitter its cause he can cover i think out off all the safetys in nfc taylor can cover the best

taylor is a hard hitter a good cover safety...but hes not the best cover safety in the nfc east brian dawkins by a bit. that guy has skill. sean taylor can probally develope skills like that hopfully(hope he doesnt go to jail!!!:( )

Order of NFC East Safeties best to worst.

Brian Dawkins- Becuase of experiance.

Sean Taylor- Hard Hitter, Good cover safety, lacks the experiance of brian dawkins, roy williams.

Roy Williams- Hard helmet, made big hits when he was young.

Whatever the giants safety is...gabril or somthing- Average.

while they may have been pumpin wilson up a little bit... he is a good safety. Theres no denying that. He isnt the playmaker that Taylor, williams, and Dawkins are... but he is solid.

Roy Williams shouldnt be mentioned with good safeties. He cant cover worth his life, Moss showed the world that twice on Monday Night, he is only good at run support and blitzing.

Roy Williams shouldnt be mentioned with good safeties. He cant cover worth his life, Moss showed the world that twice on Monday Night, he is only good at run support and blitzing.

I understand we all dont like the cowboys and all that... but come on man get real. Roy Williams not mentioned with the good safetys?

Wilson isn't bad for a 5th rounder but he was benched earlier this year. The worst stretch of defense the Skins had this year was when Sean Taylor was out of the lineup hurt against the Seahawks. Try to compare Wilson to Taylor would be like us trying to compare Phillip Daniels to a young Michael Strahan.

In fact just to be fun and play the games you guys like to play, i'll compare their stats which really mean nothing too me anyway. Gibril is as fast, makes the big hits and has a nack for getting interceptions. But here we go.

Last season

Wilson 8 games 56 tackles 3 interceptions pass defended - 2 sacks - 3

Taylor 15 games 76 tackles 4 interceptions pass defended - 9 sacks - 1

This season

Wilson 6 games 40 tackles 1 interceptoin pass defended - 0 sacks - 0

Taylor 6 games 21 tackles 1 interception pass defended - 2 Sacks - 0

In significantly less playing time Wilson has put up numbers that are almost = to Taylors. Now, you guys have a choice here, accept the fact that stats can be misleading, or accept the fact that Wilson is in the same class as the dominate safteys in the divison. Your choice. Either way, I win the argument.

In fact just to be fun and play the games you guys like to play, i'll compare their stats which really mean nothing too me anyway. Gibril is as fast, makes the big hits and has a nack for getting interceptions. But here we go.

Last season

Wilson 8 games 56 tackles 3 interceptions pass defended - 2 sacks - 3

Taylor 15 games 76 tackles 4 interceptions pass defended - 9 sacks - 1

This season

Wilson 6 games 40 tackles 1 interceptoin pass defended - 0 sacks - 0

Taylor 6 games 21 tackles 1 interception pass defended - 2 Sacks - 0

In significantly less playing time Wilson has put up numbers that are almost = to Taylors. Now, you guys have a choice here, accept the fact that stats can be misleading, or accept the fact that Wilson is in the same class as the dominate safteys in the divison. Your choice. Either way, I win the argument.

dude last Taylor didnt start his first 3 games. so that should be 12 games. Taylor is just a better impact player. Offense coordinators are scared of him and they stay away from him. Taylor saved us in the Dallas game with a huge hit on Crayton. Taylor is just a big play type of guy.

Theres no way you would actually want to have Gabril Wilson on your team instead of sean taylor. Admit it.

dude last Taylor didnt start his first 3 games. so that should be 12 games. Taylor is just a better impact. Offense coordinators are scared of him and they stay away from him. Taylor saved us in the Dallas game with a huge hit on Crayton. Taylor is just a big play type of guy.

You don't think teams stay away from Gibiril? They throw on Allen and Delotch. NEVER Gibril. They are petrified to throw in his direction becuase everytime they tried last season they got burned. Gibril forces fumbles, kills runningbacks and makes more plays per game then Taylor. The only difference between the two players is Taylor played at UM. Had Wilson played at UM he'd be the one hyped instead of Taylor. Like I said, in terms of on the field accomplishments Gibrils neck and neck with him, he's just as fast and hits just as hard. But hey whatever you want to tell yourself. Thats what all of you redskins fans do.

You don't think teams stay away from Gibiril? They throw on Allen and Delotch. NEVER Gibril. They are petrified to throw in his direction becuase everytime they tried last season they got burned. Gibril forces fumbles, kills runningbacks and makes more plays per game then Taylor. The only difference between the two players is Taylor played at UM. Had Wilson played at UM he'd be the one hyped instead of Taylor. Like I said, in terms of on the field accomplishments Gibrils neck and neck with him, he's just as fast and hits just as hard. But hey whatever you want to tell yourself. Thats what all of you redskins fans do.

ok buddy :rolleyes:

seems like your giants buddies definitly dont agree with that.

Archived