Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jimmy Johnson picks B&G this week

Carlito Sway

Well, as recently as couple days ago everyone was picking the Giants across the board, but in the last few hours I've seen threads about 'Around the Horn' (does that count?), Riggo, etc, picking the Skins. Add Jimmy Johnson to the list . . .

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5030958

Howie Long isn't sure about this game (won't commit either way) but likes us for the division . . .

CZAR: The NFC East is back. How do you see the Redskins-Giants game on Sunday?

Howie: "This is a good game. It's kind of like the division. You can make a case either way. The Giants sputtered offensively and then came alive at the end last week against Denver. It seems like several of the defensive players on the Redskins are hurting, including a couple in the secondary. New York is going to have some opportunities. Amani Toomer emerging from the shadows last week was big for them."

Jimmy: "I like Washington in this game because of it has a better defense. I think they are the better team."

:gaintsuck

Howie: "I like Washington in that division, but not sure about this game. This whole division is difficult to gauge. I mean, Philadelphia got bogged down last week against San Diego. They really couldn't get anything generated on offense. Philly was coming off that Dallas loss and then they had a bye and come back and play like that. Hard to figure."

:cheers:

Howie: "I like Washington in that division, but not sure about this game. This whole division is difficult to gauge. I mean, Philadelphia got bogged down last week against San Diego. They really couldn't get anything generated on offense. Philly was coming off that Dallas loss and then they had a bye and come back and play like that. Hard to figure."

Welcome to NFL football, Howie. If picking winners was easy, we would all be rich.

I liked getting insulted better. Now I'm getting nervous. (But not Norvous.)

I'd be nervous if we had a team without the character that Gibbs has built. I live in the Bay Area and no one on the radio can figure out why Oakland can't turn it around. They have a bunch of egos and a wimp-ass coach. Going into a big game everyone around here knows if push comes to shove these guys are going to beat themselves mentally.

Gibbs said it from day one - the difference at this level is character. Everyone's good so he got his character guys, guys who want to be in the trenches with each other. That makes a mentally tough team and I think we're up to the challenge of "a big game"...in fact, I don't think this team is going to be satisfied just making the playoffs. They believe in themselves and you can see it in their attitudes!

I love Redskins Football! We can all be proud! (again)

Gibbs said it from day one - the difference at this level is character. Everyone's good so he got his character guys, guys who want to be in the trenches with each other. That makes a mentally tough team and I think we're up to the challenge of "a big game"...in fact, I don't think this team is going to be satisfied just making the playoffs. They believe in themselves and you can see it in their attitudes!

:applause:

Jimmy Johnson was a good coach; so I expect he gets it that Joe Gibbs knows how to create a winning team. Howie was a star player; so he still thinks that big-name stars are what makes a winner.

:2cents:

For several weeks now, Jimmy hasn't been able to hide the fact that he likes what he's seeing from the Skins. I respect his opinion. He was a hell of a coach and an even better personell/talent evaluator. He's been drinkin the DC coolaid for some time now.

I think some people SHOULD pick the Giants. Why not? Both teams are 4-2. The Giants just had a big win against a team we lost to and, most importantly, the game is in NY. We look better on paper (stats), and I think we're the better team . . . . BUT, the Giants are a solid team playing at home and we're the Washington Redskins, a team and franchise which to a large extent, like it or not, has earned a negative media portrayal through 5-10 years of poor play, aweful personell moves and one Steve Spurrier. People are coming around, but it is going to take some more time (and some more wins) for us to undo the Spurrier-era damage.

In the words of Marcus Washington..."Man, I'll tell you what.." I don't like Jimmy picking us. I'd rather hear everyone slurp Eli and the Giants and then go up there and wear them the hell out. I think this team thrives on the underdog role and noone makes his team play better than expected than Joe Gibbs. You could tell against the 49ers that we were playing them just like we would play anyone else, maybe even harder because all the players knew deep down that the 49ers were a team that we should beat. You can really tell that the players are buying in to Joe Gibbs Football after that 49ers game. There are a lot of teams in the NFL and in the NFC East that play down to the level of their oppents. Remember 49ers vs. Cowboys??? The 49ers were beating them like an egg until the last drive of the 4th quarter. Not to mention the Iggles who have been playing down to the level of their opponents all season. This team has taken on the charactar of Joe Gibbs...and that should be reason enough for the NFC East to be very, very, afraid. :gaintsuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck

Archived