Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Manley, Monk, Grimm, Jacoby, Mann, & Butz...

gimpy007

Am I crazy for thinking that Dexter Manley also deserves to be in the HOF along with Monk, Grimm, Jacoby, Mann, and Butz? I know we all agree that Monk deserves to be in, but I think the names I listed above also deserve to be in. I just remember as a kid that these were the Redskins. Not only were they the Redskins, but any of these guys could turn the game around with a big play. These were the guys that made the Redskins the Dynasty that the sports writers will never admit they were. I'm 30 and for me to not only remember these guys, but to remember how big of an impact they all had on the game says something for me. I still remember one game where Manley hit Jim McMahon so hard that his helmet flew off and it made the cover of SI. Dexter Manley dominated offensive tackles and pounded QB's & RB's when they dared to run to his side. I just think that Manley will always be overlooked because of his off the field issues and the rest of them will also be overlooked as well for other reasons that I can not think of other then the fact that the voters do not like the Redskins for some reason. I'm trying to start the conspiracy theory, but it just doesn’t add up. These were guys that other players dreaded to line up against on Sunday. These guys would tear you apart and have fun doing it. These guys built a Dynasty together. It's realy sad when you think about how the NFL decides who will go to the HOF. I can't remember who posted it. It was a while back, but the post went into detail on how the NFL picks its Hall of Famers vs. MLB and a few other pro sports. Bottom line is that not only the names I listed above, but there are other players that are not in and will never get in even though they deserve to be in and there are also players that are in the HOF that do not desereve to be in the HOF. When will the NFL ever wake up?

having been watching my beloved Skins since 1972 -- I could not agree more-- these are all some of footballs greatest players and it is totally wrong that they are not in the hall -- along with some other Skins that I could name. I hope that Daniel will build a Redskin HOF in or near our stadium because the media will never give credit where it is due concerning the Skins :cheers:

I agree that Dexter most likely won't be in the Canton HOF :cop: , but will for sure be in the Redskins HOF if they ever make one.

Didn't :dallasuck michael irving :dallasuck make there ring of shame fam.. er whatever they call it. Dexter will make our local hof as well as the hogs of that great era :cheers: :helmet:

If LT is there, Dexter needs to be there.

I agree. I feel like I remember Manley and LT battling for the sack lead for a a couple years.

Charles Mann was as good a left end as any that played during that time. He was so unselfish. He could stop the run and get after the qb.

Dave Butz was an anchor for that D-Line.

And someone mention Gary Clark, and I couldn't agree more. He was so underrated. He could do everything, he was such a threat.

I loved # 72, but no. He was suspect on the run and his numbers don't make him a HOF candidate. Definately a Redskins Ring of famer, but no to the HOF. Monk,Clark,Grimm,Jacoby,Clark another story. On that note, Is # 28 a first balloter HOFmer???? I sure hope so.

I can't believe they just announced the nominees again for the hall and I can't find a good read on Monk.

This continues to enrage me. Man, talk about the alltime disrespect of one of the grratest in their position. I know, this argument has gone on ad nauseum around here. But it's a gross oversite every year that passes.

If 28's not a first-ballot guy, there's no point in caring about the HOF anymore.

I mean this in the nicest possible way, because I believe it's the RIGHT way. But, do you guys think the personality of Coach Gibbs and his teams holds some of our guys back from the HOF? I mean, Gibbs' teams are typically blue collar, shut-up-and-do-your-job guys, who don't make a lot of noise off the field. Art Monk has never "made his case" for the HOF verbally like a lot of guys do. He did it on the field. Quiet class tends not to draw media attention, positive or negative. Is that what's hurting our team's representation in the Hall?

Big Jake, Grimm and Monk IMHO will get in eventually. I loved Charles Mann, Gary Clark and Dave Butz, but I'm not sure the numbers are there for those guys.

Just my :2cents:

Archived