Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

mwaahaahaa!! Skins vs Giants is on tv in the UK !!!!!

Sherlock Holmes

And guess who has to go away for the week Sunday evening? Having to set off no later than 4PM?

Oh yeah that's gonna be me. damn damn damn damn damn sugar the cat well I'll go to the bottom of our stairs.....

Guess I'm gonna have to find a local pub and beg, plead, threaten with death.

Hey, I'm living in Edinburgh right now and because the pubs close so early and you wont get to see the philly game unless you can find a tv later...you could always do what i did for the Monday Night Game against Dallas and sneak into a hostle, late when the staff isnt up, act as if your a guest there when other guests speak to you...watch the game and then leave.

Now how cool is that? No better way to spend an after....er....an evening. :)

It's strange but that would be the thing that might freak me out most about seeing the Skins in the flesh...........1pm is Sunday Dinner time, closely followed by watching the live soccer game of the week, then folowed by Redskins football at 6pm our time.

I kinda like the games in the evening, just feels right I guess, though admittedly, late night games are a pain in the butt.

It's strange but that would be the thing that might freak me out most about seeing the Skins in the flesh...........1pm is Sunday Dinner time, closely followed by watching the live soccer game of the week, then folowed by Redskins football at 6pm our time.

I kinda like the games in the evening, just feels right I guess, though admittedly, late night games are a pain in the butt.

I imagine those appearances on Monday and Sunday nights can be a little rough on the next morning. ;)

I imagine those appearances on Monday and Sunday nights can be a little rough on the next morning. ;)

Put it this way, you save 3 or 4 days from your holiday allowance each year for Monday or Tuesdays off.

Last year, after the week 3 MNF game vs the Pokes, I went into work with no sleep...........that's ok if the Skins win, but when they lose :(

The game is on AFN as well. Good year for the skins means more games I can watch! Something like 5 out of 7 weeks so far they've been scheduled to be on. If Philly and Washington win this week I guarantee the next game will be on too.

Do you guys get ESPN in Japan? The game vs. the Eagles should be played on it. I'm very excited also because out here in Guam you don't get to see many Skins games. Last year I caught maybe 3/4. I've already seen that many this year.:D I guess if your winning they put you on TV out here. AFN has the game against the Giants on schedule, but they've put it on there before and showed the Eagles vs. Cowboys about 3 weeks ago. Serious bummer. Go Skins!

Yep, nice to finally get a Sunday live game and nice for it to be a crucial one as well.

Fot those British fans who remember the times before we got any live Sunday action.......read this to stoke up some memories.

nice read, chrisbob.

i remember having to listen to a few games on radio, but i would've gone crazy if i had to endure that.:laugh:

I'm flying into London this morning at 8 AM from DC. I am then leaving london at 9 pm on Sunday and I will be at Terminal 4 at 6 pm - game start time. Is there any place you guys know where I could catch the game maybe at the airport??

Cheers

There are usually bars etc in the airport, 'm sure if you ask one of them nicely, they will let you get the game on.

nice read, chrisbob.

i remember having to listen to a few games on radio, but i would've gone crazy if i had to endure that.:laugh:

Thanks, I got used to it, almost miss it in some ways, especially those AFRTS commericals :laugh:

I didn't realise that we were on SKY against the Eagles aswell. I think that the last time we were on was against the 49ers last year in a nothing game but with both the Skins and Giants 4-2 I can't wait for the action to start.

I was just wondering why my fellow Brit Skins fans opted to support the Redskins and not the Dolphins like what must be 75% of British American Football fans. I don't actually no myself. Me and my couisin for some reason picked them out way back in 1985 and it wasn't because they were the best team I think the Bears won the SuperBowl that year.

Also on the subject of why a lot of Brits don't like American Football, I think it is because they have never sat down an actually watched it. They dismiss it straight away because it is American and there are too many commercial breaks. They would rather watch a dull game that you American's call Soccer where true there aren't as many commercial breaks in the game but what you do get are payed up wimps rolling about the floor as if they have been shot time waisting. I like Rugby League and watch a rubbish team called Featherstone Rovers but I think that there is more thought in a game of American Football than Rugby.

Now how cool is that? No better way to spend an after....er....an evening. :)

We´ll get the game in Germany, too. And later I can watch the Eagles get lost in Mile High. Next week I switch to the english channel Five (Don´t ask, how I get these channel, but for a football and Skins addict there always will be a way. ;) ) Hopefullly our boys will beat them to .500. Imagine what I can write to my Eagles friends in our German football forum. :eaglesuck

I didn't realise that we were on SKY against the Eagles aswell. I think that the last time we were on was against the 49ers last year in a nothing game but with both the Skins and Giants 4-2 I can't wait for the action to start.

I was just wondering why my fellow Brit Skins fans opted to support the Redskins and not the Dolphins like what must be 75% of British American Football fans. I don't actually no myself. Me and my couisin for some reason picked them out way back in 1985 and it wasn't because they were the best team I think the Bears won the SuperBowl that year.

Also on the subject of why a lot of Brits don't like American Football, I think it is because they have never sat down an actually watched it. They dismiss it straight away because it is American and there are too many commercial breaks. They would rather watch a dull game that you American's call Soccer where true there aren't as many commercial breaks in the game but what you do get are payed up wimps rolling about the floor as if they have been shot time waisting. I like Rugby League and watch a rubbish team called Featherstone Rovers but I think that there is more thought in a game of American Football than Rugby.

Read the article I posted up earlier in the thread. I would say it's tight betwen the Skins and Dolphins for who has the most fans. John Riggens was the first real suprstar player known in these parts but along with Florida being a place a lot of Brits have visited, Marino and his play attrached a lot of fans to that team.

The Eagles game is on Channel 5 by the way, not Sky.

Here in Australia, we get four games live every week. However, due to the time difference, the early Sunday game comes on at 3am Monday morning, followed at 6.30am by the late game. ESPN also has a game on Monday. MNF is actually Tuesday Afternoon Football, with Monday Night Countdown at 11.30am, followed by MNF.

This week, on Fox Sports 1, we get the Vikings @ Panthers as the early Monday game, followed by the Iggles and Donkeys. ESPN has the Dills and Pats at 12.30 Monday afternoon.

Tuesday (MNF) we'll see the Rat Birds @ Steelers at 1pm.

What has really pi**ed me off is that last week, we were supposed to get the 49ers @ Skins game, but got shafted for the Packers @ Vikings. With that in mind, it is a given that the Skins / Iggles game, although it is in writing in the TV guide, will be replaced by some non-important game.

Hi guys,

i think im gonna cry with joy. Sky TV shows two nfl games every Sunday and i honestly cant remember the last time they showed the Skins in a divisional game on tv. O the Joy!!! Plus, the Eagles game is on Channel FIVE the following week!!!

Hooray!

Congrats about the game today.

I HOPE your other thread gets enough votes to put another game in your view!

Blondie

Archived