Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another common misconception by you guys

Happyfoosball

Quote Happyfoosball: "That being said I still think the Giants win this game by 7 to 10 points and I still think that the Giants are closer to being an elite team then the Redskins are."

If your analysis turn out to be wrong will you come back and eat that big plate of crow you'll deserve if the skins cook it up for you on Sunday? I grant you the Giants have a good team, a good quarterback and some playmakers. Unfortunately for you, they do not have as balanced an overall team as the skins and that will be the difference in the skins winning Sunday!

That's the reason I threw it out...the 52 points is pretty much an indicator of what our O can do if everything breaks our way. I don't expect us to approach that type of point total for another several years.

The only point that I think you might be missing (you might not be, I just couldn't tell) is that the Skins have been "hovering around three touchdowns" despite killing themselves with turnovers. That is a big deal in my opinion since I really don't think a well-coached team will continue to play every game -2 in the turnover department.

Therefore, realistically, I think the Redskins are a 24-27 PPG type of offense. That, coupled with our D, is a recipe for a successful season.

I think the football outsiders website did a recent article on the importance and luck of recovering fumbles. They noted that the Skins had recovered very few on offense and on defense, as a percentage of fumbles caused. Since there is little skill involved in falling on a weirdly-bouncing ball (in other words, it can be very unpredictable), they noted that over time, as luck evens out, the Redskins should get more TO's. The opposite goes for the Giants, who have been recovering a high number of fumbles.

Now, any team that CAUSES more fumbles is more likely to have TO's.

Quote Happyfoosball: "That being said I still think the Giants win this game by 7 to 10 points and I still think that the Giants are closer to being an elite team then the Redskins are."

If your analysis turn out to be wrong will you come back and eat that big plate of crow you'll deserve if the skins cook it up for you on Sunday?

I don't see the point of this...the game can turn so many ways once it begins. For example, I think the Skins can play mistake-free football and force the tempo of the game and win by 10. Does that mean that if Portis fumbles and the Giants return a KO for a TD and we lose by 14 I was "wrong" in my analysis?

There are plenty of scenarios that can occur where the Giants beat us by 7 or 10 in NY...just because those scenarios don't transpire, doesn't mean Happyfoosball has to "eat crow" on Monday.

I think the football outsiders website did a recent article on the importance and luck of recovering fumbles. They noted that the Skins had recovered very few on offense and on defense, as a percentage of fumbles caused. Since there is little skill involved in falling on a weirdly-bouncing ball (in other words, it can be very unpredictable), they noted that over time, as luck evens out, the Redskins should get more TO's. The opposite goes for the Giants, who have been recovering a high number of fumbles.

Now, any team that CAUSES more fumbles is more likely to have TO's.

Well, that's my hope for this year...because it's getting tiresome having to overcome stupid mistakes.

I honestly couldn't tell you if the Skins have caused nearly as many fumbles as NY has...my gut tells me they haven't. Hopefully Tiki will revert back to his 2003 self for a game... ;)

Well, that's my hope for this year...because it's getting tiresome having to overcome stupid mistakes.

I honestly couldn't tell you if the Skins have caused nearly as many fumbles as NY has...my gut tells me they haven't. Hopefully Tiki will revert back to his 2003 self for a game... ;)

Ouch! Don't say that-I'm a Giants fan...

Here's to a good, clean game on Sunday, with no bad calls and no serious injuries.

Cheers!

I don't see the point of this...the game can turn so many ways once it begins. For example, I think the Skins can play mistake-free football and force the tempo of the game and win by 10. Does that mean that if Portis fumbles and the Giants return a KO for a TD and we lose by 14 I was "wrong" in my analysis?

There are plenty of scenarios that can occur where the Giants beat us by 7 or 10 in NY...just because those scenarios don't transpire, doesn't mean Happyfoosball has to "eat crow" on Monday.

What part of his comment about G-men winning by 7-10 points did you not understand? Wasn't that the bottom line of his analysis?

What part of his comment about G-men winning by 7-10 points did you not understand? Wasn't that the bottom line of his analysis?

Sure I guess...

Let me put it this way, do you think we should have eaten crow after we lost to Denver or KC just because the game went a little differently than we envisioned? I thought we'd win both those games but don't believe I had flawed thinking.

Forget it...this "eat crow" thing just irritates me because, in general, most people have very sound reasons for stating their opinions.

Sure I guess...

Let me put it this way, do you think we should have eaten crow after we lost to Denver or KC just because the game went a little differently than we envisioned? I thought we'd win both those games but don't believe I had flawed thinking.

Forget it...this "eat crow" thing just irritates me because, in general, most people have very sound reasons for stating their opinions.

too bad these Gints homers don't :laugh:

I obviously think there is a chance Washington can win. I don't think they will, I think it will be the Giants by a td or a td and a fg but the only thing that would make me eat crow. If the Redskins win like 28-10 or 35-13 like some of you are saying. If that happens i'll eat crow. Becuase I promise you it won't. Thats a pipe dream.

Happy,

You come into a Redskins fan based message board and are confused at seeing Redskins fans "pounding there chests" about their teams top 10 offense? Doesn't that even remotely sound ridiculous to you? I mean really...read your post back to yourself...it will hit you sooner or later.

I don't want to deflate your confidence in your teams offense like you are attempting to do, but Happy...your offense has not faced a defense like ours yet. And when you did...you loss (Dallas). So my friend, troll else where or just get a hobby...maybe something that you would be successful at. Peace.

For some reason a lot of you think that stats from last year or the year before are relevent in any way whatsoever when discussing or predicting whats going to happen in the game next week. Last season was last season, this season is this season. The Giants are a COMPLETELY different team this year from a standpoint of what they are capable of doing. I would honestly have to say so are the Redskins. Last year you guys didn't have Moss, that home run threat WASN'T there. Last year the Giants had no offensive line, Toomer was playing hurt, Shockey was playing hurt, they had no quarterback, Plexico wasn't here yet. In addition to that both teams are playing in their schemes for the second season which helps both teams a lot in terms of effectiveness.

Last year all the Redskins had to do was load up 8 in the box and stop Tiki and it was gg becuase Eli wasn't ready yet, neither was the line, or his receivers. In addition to that in the second game when Ramsy had 3 td passes he was throwing against db's the Giants had picked up off the street becuase everyone was on IR.

Also, you guys are overconfident to an extent where its almost funny. 4-2 is 4-2. Its not elite. Both of these teams want a win becuase they want that wildcard but neither team is elite. That being said I still think the Giants win this game by 7 to 10 points and I still think that the Giants are closer to being an elite team then the Redskins are.

I'll admit some people around here have been way to overconfident. Not me though. I think this will come down whos playing best on defence(no homerism included in that sentence).

Good luck! ONLY TO A INJURY FREE GAME.:silly:

My own analysis is "pic'em". This is one close game to call either way. I sure like the skins balance, defense, passing and running game. Eli is a good quaterback and the Giants have some proven playmakers. If either team commits turnovers anywhere inside their 50 that might be lights out. The edge in my opinon goes to the skins defense plus Brunell. Portis, Betts, Moss, Cooley and Sellers eating up the clock. If they can eat up the clock on the Seahawks they can eat up the clock on the Giants.

Dallas beat our brains out for 57 minutes but it didn't matter in the end - Brunell lite up the scoreboard the last three minutes. So we better score as often and early as possible because if we let them hang around Eli might be a last minute hero again.

TD-Washingtonredskins: I would never suggest a ES member eat crow, but as far as G-men posters go, I could have suggested he come back and eat something far worse and not felt bad about it. Not saying he's a bad guy, but I am not fond of rivals who come into ES and say they are going to beat us and that they are an "elite" team. What are we - chopped liver?

I obviously think there is a chance Washington can win. I don't think they will, I think it will be the Giants by a td or a td and a fg but the only thing that would make me eat crow. If the Redskins win like 28-10 or 35-13 like some of you are saying. If that happens i'll eat crow. Becuase I promise you it won't. Thats a pipe dream.

Backpeddling already? :laugh:

So if the Skins win by 10 you won't eat crow after all the crap you've talked this week? What a dumbass.

:snore: Giants is not all that for one thing you have a young QB in Eli Manning and I'm not sure that he really understand the importance of this game his inexperience will be a factor you have a team with a veteran coaching staff that has won superbowls and veteran players that have been in important games plus your defense is weak I totally expect the Skins to move the ball with no problem in my introduction post I stated another young quarterback was the media darling Carson Palmer what he did he do against the Steelers ? I rest my case . You have to understand one thing the media goes with whoever is hot who is the flavor of the week . I wouldnt talk too loudly because if you look what Eli has done he has done it against defenses that are that is at the bottom or near the bottom of the league this is his toughest challange to date do not kid yourself .

Secondly before you say well what has the Redskins done they have gone against two top ten defenses well three if you include Denver at the time they played Skins went against Cowboys and Bears defense which is pretty good . As for offenses went against Seahawks who has # 1 offense did a decent job against them and also Kansas City did a hell of a job on Gonzalez and held Holmes in check for the most part except for that 70 something screen play.

Eli still ain't ready for this D. In the words of Mr. T "Prediction PAIN"

:logo:

Don't be stealin' my quote! But it is true. I hope they inflict pain on Eli, Tiki, Amani and, oh yeah, that guy playing linebacker...............Antonio something. :gaintsuck

Secondly before you say well what has the Redskins done they have gone against two top ten defenses well three if you include Denver at the time they played Skins went against Cowboys and Bears defense which is pretty good . As for offenses went against Seahawks who has # 1 offense did a decent job against them and also Kansas City did a hell of a job on Gonzalez and held Holmes in check for the most part except for that 70 something screen play.

actually the skins have played 3 current top 10 D's. if you take away the skins stats against those teams (as the skins accumulated more yards against each team than they give up on average) then they have played two top 5 D's and a very close to 5th ranked seattle.

who have the giants played?

exactly.

Archived