Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another common misconception by you guys

Happyfoosball

For some reason a lot of you think that stats from last year or the year before are relevent in any way whatsoever when discussing or predicting whats going to happen in the game next week. Last season was last season, this season is this season. The Giants are a COMPLETELY different team this year from a standpoint of what they are capable of doing. I would honestly have to say so are the Redskins. Last year you guys didn't have Moss, that home run threat WASN'T there. Last year the Giants had no offensive line, Toomer was playing hurt, Shockey was playing hurt, they had no quarterback, Plexico wasn't here yet. In addition to that both teams are playing in their schemes for the second season which helps both teams a lot in terms of effectiveness.

Last year all the Redskins had to do was load up 8 in the box and stop Tiki and it was gg becuase Eli wasn't ready yet, neither was the line, or his receivers. In addition to that in the second game when Ramsy had 3 td passes he was throwing against db's the Giants had picked up off the street becuase everyone was on IR.

Also, you guys are overconfident to an extent where its almost funny. 4-2 is 4-2. Its not elite. Both of these teams want a win becuase they want that wildcard but neither team is elite. That being said I still think the Giants win this game by 7 to 10 points and I still think that the Giants are closer to being an elite team then the Redskins are.

That being said I still think the Giants win this game by 7 to 10 points and I still think that the Giants are closer to being an elite team then the Redskins are.

The only D more suckalicious than your is San Francisco and you think the Gints are closer to being a complete team than the 'Skins?

Yet we're the ones with misconceptions?

More hot air escaping the North Jersey swamps.

Overconfident and excited about the possibilities are 2 different things. Overconfident is thinking the skins finish 14-2, but being excited about the possibilities of this team now that we have an O that can move the ball consistantly are such huge strides for this team that they really have a chance in every game they play. With the Skins biggest loss being 7 points with 3 turnovers in that game shows if they don't turn the ball over the have a team that can win every week.

Being ranked at the end of the league in D is far from elite. But they are still an improved team.

The only D more suckalicious than your is San Francisco and you think the Gints are closer to being a complete team than the 'Skins?

Yet we're the ones with misconceptions?

More hot air escaping the North Jersey swamps.

:rotflmao:

Okay Slaphappy: Pop quiz. Its only one question, I think you'll do well.

Which team is closer to the playoffs?

a) team A, which has the number 2 offense in the NFL and the number 4 defense

B) team B, which has a high-scoring offense, but has to score a lot of points to stay in games because they have the 31st ranked defense.

No cheating!

Uhh, how much of an upgrade has Brunell been over Ramsey last year? Brunell is the comeback player of the year so far, and he is savvy as hell in AND out of the pocket. Cooley is breaking out as a take-no-sh*t tight end, our offensive line is strong as hell with Rabach and Dockery filling two huge voids we had last year. Not to mention our star lineman John Jansen being out all of last season. And good luck with no-name Mike Sellers barrling down on your weak secondary. That's like a tractor trailer full of steel beems hitting Nissans.

There was bit of a NY bias in your post, ya think? :doh:

Well, if you are smart enough to see that last year and this year have no bearing on one another, then perhaps you've noticed that the Redskins aren't a 6-10 team who can barely pass for 100 yards a game anymore.

How is it that simple fact escaped your eye?

Balance is the difference between the teams. The Redskins have it, and the Giants don't.

~Bang

Here is the perfect example of a diehard fan! And I commend his loyalty. If we were in a sports bar talking this stuff, I could understand; but we are in THE Redskins fan site and we won't be buying any of this #@$t! Now, not only will the Giants not win by 7-10 points, I believe our defense puts a choke hold on Manning and the offense tears them apart; and we win by more than 17! How about them apples (get it? New York, big apple!)?!?!?!?!?

I just love it when fans from the opposition come here to provide us with THE answer.

The Giants are a COMPLETELY different team this year from a standpoint of what they are capable of doing.

Well......hmmmmmmm. And you think OUR offense is NOT different?

For some reason a lot of you think that stats from last year or the year before are relevent in any way whatsoever when discussing or predicting whats going to happen in the game next week.

Aren't you talking out of both sides of your mouth?

Blondie

Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh,Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh,Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh,Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh,Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh, Doh,

you're absolutly right. the giants are gonna beat the redskins this week. i'm not gonna even watch, its gonna hurt too bad. i mean, redskins can't even be compared to the giants... giants are just too close to being elite. even though the redskins are better than the giants in almost every single category statistically, redskins are still not good. the giants are just too good....

with that being said. i call bull****.

Redskins are gonna win in New York this weekend.

mark my words.

For some reason a lot of you think that stats from last year or the year before are relevent in any way whatsoever when discussing or predicting whats going to happen in the game next week. Last season was last season, this season is this season. The Giants are a COMPLETELY different team this year from a standpoint of what they are capable of doing. I would honestly have to say so are the Redskins. Last year you guys didn't have Moss, that home run threat WASN'T there. Last year the Giants had no offensive line, Toomer was playing hurt, Shockey was playing hurt, they had no quarterback, Plexico wasn't here yet. In addition to that both teams are playing in their schemes for the second season which helps both teams a lot in terms of effectiveness.

Last year all the Redskins had to do was load up 8 in the box and stop Tiki and it was gg becuase Eli wasn't ready yet, neither was the line, or his receivers. In addition to that in the second game when Ramsy had 3 td passes he was throwing against db's the Giants had picked up off the street becuase everyone was on IR.

Also, you guys are overconfident to an extent where its almost funny. 4-2 is 4-2. Its not elite. Both of these teams want a win becuase they want that wildcard but neither team is elite. That being said I still think the Giants win this game by 7 to 10 points and I still think that the Giants are closer to being an elite team then the Redskins are.

You are 100% correct neither is the 6-10 team they were last year... BUT, just to make sure you base your statements in fact please pick and choose what you want to back it up:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123396

If you bother to come back: Really.. just pick 4 or 5 things that the Giants do better...

Have you read your own message board lately? We are the overconfident ones? I do agree that the Giants are very close to being an elite team. In looking at the Giants depth chart I think you only need to make one small change to get you over the top. Replace the entire defense. That should do it.

WOOOOOOO...here is to your 31st ranked defense.

WOW, you guys sure are elite...right up there with the Colts and Broncos.

And EVERYONE (not) is talking about you going to the Superbowl.

Better keep filling up that crack pipe, you are going to need it come Sunday! :cheers: :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :laugh:

<Last year doesn't matter>

<But IF DID Matter, here's the reason why we lost>

Elite teams don't give up 400+ yards per game and allow 50% 3rd down conversions. As much as you'd like to wish away your defensive woes, you can't. There's a tremendous hole on your team that has been covered up by some fortunate turnovers.

The Giants are 4-2 simply because of their turnover situation, the Redskins are 4-2 despite their turnover situation.

We are better than you in every way.

Our coaches are all better at every position.

Our offense is better

Our defense is better

Our stadium is nicer

Our cheerleaders are better looking

They also have skimpier uniforms

Our coffee tastes better in the morning

And though you guys can argue special teams,

We both know it's not going to be 'specially' important in our T-55 hour countdown when we open up on you guys.

Plus, we got 'Jerome' from Southeast, who we just signed this week.

While the Giants may be better on offense this year than last, their offense won't put fear into our defense. Didn't we play Dallas (#6), Seattle (#1), KC (#9), and Denver (#13) this year? I know the Giants are the highest scoring offense in the league, but statistically, they rank #15. Do statistics mean anything? Maybe, maybe not, but the 'Skins have faced offenses as good or BETTER than the Giants THIS YEAR. On the other hand, Eli has not faced a pressure defense like ours this year, except for perhaps Dallas :puke: .

It is good to see the NFC East back - it will be a great game!

Archived