Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jaguars switching cities???

amm11387

Actually, the NFL made a mistake going to Jacksonville. The market really isn't big enough to support an NFL team. They had to cover parts of the stadium to reduce capacity and they still don't sell well.

The 1993 expansion race is what lead to the current NFL.

St. Louis, Memphis, Baltimore, Charlotte and Jacksonville were the finalists. Heck, I think Jacksonville even dropped out but Tags convinced them to come back.

St. Louis and Charlotte were the favs but St. Louis ownership group collasped. They nfl gave it Charlotte. A month later it was Jacksonville. the NFL probably should've gave the team to Baltimore. I would've loved the Memphis Hound Dogs- but the liberty bowl wasn't going to get Memphis an expansion team.

That eventually lead to the franchise movement in the mid 90's that saw many teams move.

I think the Jags should go to L.A. The nfl needs a good owner in L.A. and the Jags owner: Wayne Weaver is a good owner. The Saints can stay in San Antonio or maybe NO recovers enough to build a new stadium? Or Maybe the Saints go to L.A.

Either way- if a team moves to L.A.- expect some minor realignment.

La Jags to the NFC WEST.

SL Rams to the AFC South

The Jags clearly should have gone to Baltimore to begin with.

But Tagliabue's genius "Tell Baltimore to build a museum" line precluded that as a possibility. Cleveland lost the Browns as a result. I still don't understand Tagliabue's bias against Baltimore, but its clearly there.

I'd love to see the NFL expand to 40 teams eventually.

The simple solution for Jax would be Orlando or Birmingham.

Other cities that should get teams-

Portland

Vegas

Sacramento

Salt Lake City

If NO goes to San Ant. add a new team to NO,

And of course a team in LA.

40 teams is a miserable idea. The talent pool would be so diluted there would be many guys who aren't even good enough to make the league right now contributing on competitive teams. If anything, I'd rather just see NO go to LA, and allow everything else to remain the same. If Jacksonville needs to move they should go to Birmingham or New Orleans (where they would assume the Saints name, logo, and history).

40 teams is a miserable idea. The talent pool would be so diluted there would be many guys who aren't even good enough to make the league right now contributing on competitive teams. If anything, I'd rather just see NO go to LA, and allow everything else to remain the same. If Jacksonville needs to move they should go to Birmingham or New Orleans (where they would assume the Saints name, logo, and history).

The same argument has been made prior to every other expansion. NCAA teams are better, the talent is increasing across the board.

I dont advocate 8 teams all at once. But 2 every 3 or 4 years would be easy to do.

The Jags clearly should have gone to Baltimore to begin with.

But Tagliabue's genius "Tell Baltimore to build a museum" line precluded that as a possibility. Cleveland lost the Browns as a result. I still don't understand Tagliabue's bias against Baltimore, but its clearly there.

Actually, Jack Kent Cooke opposed any team for Baltimore- so that also played a factor.

The gambling factor will eliminate any NFL team in Vegas. Vegas would probably get a basketball team eventually.
Well I would like to add since I live here, that the owners of the Palms is the same owners of the Sacramento Kings. Now also the NBA All Star game will be here in vegas next year plus they are btrying to bring an NBA team here as well. With Paul the commish of the NFL I wouldnt rule out an NFL team coming here to vegas cause yes there is alot of money to be made plus they would have great support for their team. They already have an arena football team here and its going pretty well. I would like the saints to come here it would be good for them, plus it sounds good and the jags to go to LA.

Well I would like to add since I live here, that the owners of the Palms is the same owners of the Sacramento Kings. Now also the NBA All Star game will be here in vegas next year plus they are btrying to bring an NBA team here as well. With Paul the commish of the NFL I wouldnt rule out an NFL team coming here to vegas cause yes there is alot of money to be made plus they would have great support for their team. They already have an arena football team here and its going pretty well. I would like the saints to come here it would be good for them, plus it sounds good and the jags to go to LA.

Saints in Vegas.

Now there's a team just screaming for a name change.

The Saints will play in LA. It's pretty much inevitable.

I'm really surprised that the Jags have such poor support. Jville is the most populous city in Florida.

Moving them to Orlando wouldn't be a good idea. It's a Bucs town. They should move them to Birmingham, Portland, or Mexico City.

Archived