Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins On Sky Sports

British Skin

As a British American Football fan I am really looking forward to this weeks game as the Redskins Vs Giants are on the Sky Sports satelite station. I have been a Redskins fan since the Mid 80's when I started watching the game and like most of my sporting teams they haven't been doing great over recent years. I am exited by the 4-2 start and also the stats that the Redskins are putting up.

Could any Redskins fans pick out which players I should look out for this week because I usually only get to see the Highlights of Skins games over in Britain. I know of Portis, Brunell and Moss on the offence and Harington on the defence. Is Westbrook still playing and how is he doing this season?

:gaintsuck

All the best

British Skin

As a British American Football fan I am really looking forward to this weeks game as the Redskins Vs Giants are on the Sky Sports satelite station. I have been a Redskins fan since the Mid 80's when I started watching the game and like most of my sporting teams they haven't been doing great over recent years. I am exited by the 4-2 start and also the stats that the Redskins are putting up.

Could any Redskins fans pick out which players I should look out for this week because I usually only get to see the Highlights of Skins games over in Britain. I know of Portis, Brunell and Moss on the offence and Harington on the defence. Is Westbrook still playing and how is he doing this season?

All the best

British Skin

Westbrook is gone. And I believe you meant Arrington, not Harington. Patten is our other WR and he's got speed too. #47 Chris Cooley is an up and coming H-Back who plays a role on our team like a TE. Also, on the defensive side of the ball, keep an eye on #21 Sean Taylor, #24 Shawn Springs, #96 Cornelius Griffin, #53 Marcus Washington (Pro Bowler last year), and as you mentioned, #56 Lavar Arrington.

Cheers!

Westbrook has been out of the NFL for a few years now. Last time I heard, he was doing some sort of fighting - not boxing but like a tough man or something.

And not to nit pick but it's Arrington (no H). I'm sure a few LA lovers are going nuts over that right now!

Check out Chris Cooley. He's the TE/H-back and he's having a great year.

On Sky Sports? Damn, who did you screw? I watched Sky sports when I was in Iraq. They never showed the Skins. Always the Cowboys, or the patriots. The only time I got to see the Skins was when they played Dallas on Thanksgiving. :doh: Anyway keep your eye on #89, 80, 26 , 47 and 45 on Offense. ON defense, well just watch the whole damn team.. Enjoy the game.

Sorry I didn't mean Westbrook I got him mixed up with another Wide receiver, I think is name was Gardner (Westbrook stuck in my mind because he was my 'go too guy on Madden NFL a couple of years ago). Thanks for the info anyway and us Brits love American Football you'd be really suprised how popular it is. There is talk of having an NFL game over here in our new Nationall Stadium next year, like the game in Mexico this year.

glad to see some brits like american football

There are few this side of the ocean. I'm a steeler fan and I can tell my dear fellow britainian that watching us whoop the bengals on live TV last week is a few light years ahead of listening to it on the radio.

The only better combo would've been if i had the radio feed instead of those cbs goons.

Gardner's gone too. Just bolted this offseason. We actually traded him cause he couldn't catch a cold if it hit him in the hands.... or a football for that matter.
i agree with that.gardner.westbrook....what's the difference?they're both inconsistant to the point of unreliable and fittingly,neither is playing for the Skins anymore.i would say watch the defense.all of them.the giants are goin down!!:nutkick:

Now that you have sorted my mistake's out and let me know more about the team. Could you tell me who are our main rivals. I'm guessing at the Cowboys, closley followed by the Giants and the Eagles. Are there any other teams that you take a dislike to in the NFL?

My Dad was always a Dolphins fan but they always seam to be very popular in the UK.

Now that you have sorted my mistake's out and let me know more about the team. Could you tell me who are our main rivals. I'm guessing at the Cowboys, closley followed by the Giants and the Eagles. Are there any other teams that you take a dislike to in the NFL?

My Dad was always a Dolphins fan but they always seam to be very popular in the UK.

You certainly got that right, the Cowboys will always be the most hated rival of the Skins but certainly, both the Giants and Eagles are up there, probably the Eagles with a slight edge over the Giants since they've been so good the last few years. I'm really looking forward to watching the Eagles fall this year and the Skins finally get into playoffs. :cheers:

Also, Gardner is now playing for the Carolina Panthers and has only played in 4 games for them for a lousy 7 catches for 65 yards, certainly have no problem with him being out of the picture here in Washington.

Check out the other thread about getting the skins on week 10 too. Click the link and vote.

You have to hate our division rivals first, girls, then budgies then gnats, in that order. Then obviously you have to hate the raiders.

:eaglesuck WESTBROOK is a all purpose back not really built for running

Redskins d is killer

GO SKINS :point2sky

I know you are young so I'm going to be a nice guy and explain it to you. He is overseas and obviously doesnt see alot of football. The westbrook he is referring to is Michael Westbrook.. an ex-redskin WR.

Archived