Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Exactly how big is this game to you?

LiveStrongSkins

Since I am only 20 I was only a little boy when it was the Redskins glory days. Since I've been old enough to really know the ins and outs of football I have gotten used to losing season after losing season.It got so bad that I would cheer for my favorite Redskins to get good stats since the game was out of reach. I would say that previously, the most important game was the playoff game six years ago. I think the game this week is up to date the biggest Redskins game for me. It's a game against two NFC east heavyweights, the second year under Joe Gibbs, and the winner will be in the driver seat of the NFCE, albeit not by alot because Dallas and Philly are playing good ball as well. Theres a intense atmosphere following this game and it helps that both teams are on top of their games coming off big wins. Heres to a great game! :cheers:

This game is huge but its not a make or break game for either team. I expect us to split with our division teams going 3-3 I hope i'm wrong.

If we win sunday then the Philly game will be huge and in reality every game is huge. I don't think a win this sunday puts either team in the driver seat. Don't be surprised in Philly goes into Denver and wins.

Im with you...i was too young when the HOGS were around and ive had to endure losing season after losing season ( except '99 but even that ended in disaster:doh: ) Im not like a lot of fans here because im not used to seeing them winning...so when we go into games like this I tend to think that were gonna blow it. That being said...this game and next weeks game is a big deal to me.

:cry:

Im with you...i was too young when the HOGS were around and ive had to endure losing season after losing season ( except '99 but even that ended in disaster:doh: ) Im not like a lot of fans here because im not used to seeing them winning...so when we go into games like this I tend to think that were gonna blow it. That being said...this game and next weeks game is a big deal to me.

:cry:

Exactly... I have that same feeling of "man, this is too good to be true." We were teased by Spurriers good start... So it's like ok when are we going to start blowing games. Im starting to come out of that though with each passing week of consistency.

I have an ongoing bet with someone that (a) The Skins will finish with a better record than the Giants, (B) that the Skins will sweep the season series, and © that the Giants will finish last in the division. All three bets are payable with a round of golf at a nice course. There's about $300 on the line.

So finanacially, this is a big game for me. If the Skins win then it's a big step in the direction of winning all three bets. If the Giants win then I have already lost one.

But aside from that, this is a huge game for division rankings. Skins must win!

i think this game is huge...the two road divisional wins...plus with philly next week...i want to be going into that game on a winning streak...momentum high...with the division so tight...these divional games are even bigger than in other years...especially on the road...

Don't get me wrong, the Dallas game was enough to live off of for years, but for me its the biggest game to date since Gibb's return. We are driving the car in the NFC if we pull this one out. We are good and I think even better than all of us scared Redskins fans wanna admit. This would be such a big step to getting a playoff berth. I would be happy with a wildcard given our recent track record, But the division is not out of the question. We have all the peices, a good defense, we can run, we can throw deep when needed, and have an awesome 3rd down pct. We just need to execute as all the peices are there. Step up Taylor Jacobs. PLEASE !!!!!!!!

I think the game in dallas was the biggest game for us in recent years (last 5).

But this game itself is huge due to the implications it has for us if we win. That would give us 2 division wins and no losses, heading into the third division game against philly. This one, depending on the outcome could give us enough momentum to win the division if we win and it carries to the philly game.

So while I don't think it's our biggest game this year, it definitely has the possibility to impact our future this season. :2cents: :helmet:

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Although Im not much older than you I have been watching Skins game since I could crawl. My dad always tells me the first couple years of my life I barely ever saw the Redskins lose. As we were solid team through the 90s when I really began to appreciate football I remember crying after loses to and divisional team. That '99 team was the last glimpse at decency we've had though. There is just something about this team. The resiliency, the heart and the underdog mentality that I just love. I have never had this feeling about a team. I can't say enough about what Gibbs has done. I believe every Redskin thinks we can beat any team on any given day and I believe it too. That being said, I consider NY a worthy opponent. Coming off a thrilling win against a better team at home and with their owner passing away they are sure to be pumped. Their offense is solid, but slightly over rated and I feel like the Redskins have played better every single game while the Giants seem to get sloppier. Sure we are coming off a cake walk against SF but we didnt show the league anything in that game. Our plays were very vanilla (except that double screen to Cooley, wish we'd of saved that). Brunell only threw like 23 passes and we didnt keep our starters in past when they needed to be in there. Both teams are healthy, but I just think we are the better team. This one should be down to the wire. I am pumped, I have to say this is the biggest game since DG's final game in my opinion. Next week would be even bigger but if the Redskins drive up 95, put some pressure on Eli and protect Brunell, we will win and the Bandwagon will fill up quicker than you can say "Fight for Old DC."

i cant remember the last time i was so pumped up for a skins game. im 21, and started liking the redskins when i was in 2nd grade and watched them win the superbowl in 1991. at the time i didnt know a whole lot about football but the redskins jerseys and helmet seemed to suck me right in. its been a rough 10 years to say the least, but ive stayed true to my team, and become a hardcore football fan. i absolutely love the way Gibbs runs this team with a strong D and running game, along with a dangerous passing game. its exciting to watch the redskins...one of my dreams is to watch the redskins compete in the playoffs, and if they win this sunday, theres a good chance that dream will come true.

This is definately the biggest game of the season for us. Dallas was the sweetest win for sure, but it wasn't a big game. We hadn't established ourselves as a possible contender. (we were still flying beneath the radar) Now teams know what we can do and with each passing game the next one is that more important. This is the biggest game of the season. If we win, we're 2nd in the division behind philly and then next week will be the biggest game of the season because it will be for 1st in the division, then win or lose the game against tampa will be the biggest game, because we would then have a realistic shot at a non wildcard spot in the playoffs.

This game in particular doesn't have the same feel that Redskins vs. Giants back in the day had, but it means more to me this year than in recent years. This weeks game has importance to it and a win means that we are true contenders this year for the NFC East title.

At this moment, the game is BIG! How can it not be? The Skins have shown we are a solid team and for the first time in years, we must be taken seriously. But, next week we will tell you how important the game is versus the Eagles, and we will insist the following week that beating Tampa means a lot towards a play-off spot, and of course the division games at Fed Ex will seem critical in such a tight race. So, does that put it in perspective?

this game is huge.

i'm only 21 now, but I started watching football when I was 3-4 years old, cheering for the Redskins? why? my family was too poor, and there was only 1 TV in the house, and my dad would watch the games, and I'd watch it with him. I watched Super Bowl 22 live, and remember my dad recorded it on tape. I remember watching the Redskins lose to the 49ers in the playoffs in 1990-91 when the Giants went to the Super Bowl and beat the Bills because the kicker missed the game winning field goal. I also remember the game we lost to Dallas, where Dallas only win during the season was a win against us. I dunno how I remember this, but I believe it was the season after we won Super Bowl 26, where we were playing the Browns, and Earnest Byner fumbled, but the Refs ruled it not a fumble, and we won that game cause we kinda cheated. LOL.

With that said, it's been a decade and a few since I've felt this good about the Redskins. This game is huge. This game is a game that, if won, means the Redskins are gonna be a top NFC contender this year.

Archived