Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antonio Pierce = Jeremiah Trotter

tenken627

Both are great players. But both need the right system to maximize their potentials.

When Trotter was with the Skins, anytime the Eagles were mentioned, it was disrespected this, no loyalty that. Doesn't it seem like deja vu with Pierce opening his mouth against the Redskins? The Eagles helped Trotter become the name that he is, and the Redskins did the same for Pierce.

I liked Trotter a lot when he was here, but I know that he would always be greater in the Eagles defense than the defenses we had here pre Gregg Williams. He WAS overpaid though, much as I believe Pierce is in New York. You can't fault them for wanting to get paid though.

If Pierce ever decides to come back to the Skins like Trotter did to Philly, I would be glad to have him back as would the defensive staff and players.

No, No, No

Pierce was good because of G.Williams system.

Trotter is good because he can stuff the running holes.

George Edwards was dropping Trotter into coverage way too often when everyone knew that Trotter was a better downhill smashmouth run stuffer.

Antonio Pierce will be a very good player for years to come in NY. His athleticism finally caught up to his smarts last year and AP is said to have very good leadership skills, something that's really important for a MLB. I'm upset he's gone because I think he'd be great for us and a core guy for this defense, but the Middle Linebacker spot is not an especially hard spot to fill and you don't necessarily need greatness there to have an effective defense, unlike corners, safties, and OLBs.

trotter has looked good only in philly.

claim pierce to be a system LB all you want, but he leads all LB in pass deflections and is #6 in the NFL in solo tackles.

He is mouthing the same words at the Skins basically as Trotter did to the Eagles. Just a little too much deja vu for me.

I think he's a great player, and would have hoped he did well except for the fact he plays for a divisional rival. I wonder if this is how Eagles fans felt when Trotter left them.

i like AP, but lets give our current LBs some credit too. Lemar Marshall and Warrick Holdman have both developed into great LBs just like AP. i wish AP the best of luck in NY, and yes i would love to have him back. i think the reason for him being so angry at the redskins is he wanted to stay here in Williams D.

i like AP, but lets give our current LBs some credit too. Lemar Marshall and Warrick Holdman have both developed into great LBs just like AP. i wish AP the best of luck in NY, and yes i would love to have him back. i think the reason for him being so angry at the redskins is he wanted to stay here in Williams D.

True, I really think AP really wanted to stay with GW, the Skins, and all his friends on the defense.

Kind of like Trotter, he was here to get paid, but his heart was always with the Eagles. Thats why I believe he talked so much trash. He was really hurt deep down inside. Just that his pride and his contract got in the way, and that made him angry. After the Skins cut him, he phoned Andy Reid, and apologized about everything he said and done against the Eagles.

If AP really is a "core" Redskin, his heart will always be here, even if his wallet is not.

Love the sig!!!!

trotter was never really good in dc though... pierce was great for us last year.

Trotter was never what he was with the Eagles here, but to say that he wasn't really good is false. He has had some big plays for us. He also had some bad ones. But he was solid. He also wasn't fully 100% after the injury in the Thanksgiving Dallas game a few years back.

Our LBs back then, Jessie Armstead, Lavar Arrington, Jeremiah Trotter honestly was misused greatly under George Edwards. And the defense just imploded into one of the league's worst.

Pierce is a solid LB with many good qualities. New York was fortunate to get him. Unfortunately for him the rest of the defense is a bit of a mess. Pierce would have been much better off playing in the system that made him, surrounded by other solid players who work well together. If you look strictly at the football aspect of it, the move works for the Giants a lot better than it does for Pierce, and even the money factor was only a slight improvement. Pierce traded a stud for a dud.

Archived