Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else feeling better about this game because we DON"T have Roland anymore?

Riggo-toni

While Bailey made his rep shutting down such noteworthy WRs as Freddie Mitchell and Antonio Bryant, we all knew he was gonna get creamed by Toomer. Toomer beat him like a mail order bride every game, and typically got his season high game against Captain Overrated. Thank heaven for Shawn Springs.

Let's not go too overboard here, he's had some big games against us, but that was also when he was in his prime as a WR and the Giants primary guy.

Here's his stats against us the last few years when Champ was here:

2001: first meeting 7-97, second meeting 9-109-1

2002: first meeting 8-95-1, second meeting 4-60-1

2003: first meeting 4-81-1, second meeting 2-30

Twice he was held to 60 or under, he never scored more than 1 TD per game, and only went over 100 once.

Let's not go too overboard here, he's had some big games against us, but that was also when he was in his prime as a WR and the Giants primary guy.

Here's his stats against us the last few years when Champ was here:

2001: first meeting 7-97, second meeting 9-109-1

2002: first meeting 8-95-1, second meeting 4-60-1

2003: first meeting 4-81-1, second meeting 2-30

Twice he was held to 60 or under, he never scored more than 1 TD per game, and only went over 100 once.

That may be true, but Champ still sucks.

:cheers:

Bailey is still better than any corner on our roster, and I for one would be glad to see what he can do in our system.

I disagree. He holds more value than Springs because he's younger and more durable, but I firmly believe Springs was the best CB in the NFL last year. Bailey was a good tackler in run support, but I don't think he's as good a blitzer as Springs. Springs is also more of a ballhawk: 6 sacks, 5 ints - when has Bailey ever had that many INTs when noone named Plummer was throwing against him. Yes, Roland is a top ten corner, but at this point in time, Springs is better. Of course, in a couple years I probably won't be able to make that claim anymore.

Bottom line..

No Redskins Turn Overs we win..

From a coaching perspective the Giants have to be preparing for us with the mind set of aggressively going for turn overs. They are good at causing them and getting them back. Their offense is outstanding at scoring. This entire game hinges on whether or not we give up the ball. We don't even have to cause turn overs we just can't commit any ourselves and we will win.

Archived