Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gate Opening Times

deepo11

I know that the gates open for home games 4 hours prior to kickoff, but someone told me that for late games the redskins open the gates earlier.....does anyone know if this is true and if so how much earlier they open their gates? Just curious to cause i'll be out of town for the weekend of the eagles game and I want to know how early i need to drive back so I can get in as much tailgating as I can....thanks

Yeah, like the guy above said, the Redskins sometimes open the lots early, but I believe only on Monday night games. Rush hour is one reason. The decision to open early is made the Wednesday or Thursday before the game. Then it's released to the media. However, another reason they've opened early in the past is because so many fans are stacked up at the gate, particularly the Landover gate, so that there's no room for them to line up. Fans cars start clogging the intersection behind the gate. One time they did let us in a little early because they didn't have a choice. And I suppose that is possible on Nov. 6th, with it being a late game, and with all the Philly fans coming in. So it's possible they'd let us in a little early Nov. 6th, because they have no choice. But probably not likely.

If you have club seats or suites, i believe they let you in the stadium 3-4 hours before game time. General admission seats (lower level and upper level) are 2 hours before game time. Im sure there is info on redskins.com somewhere to make sure.

Archived