Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WEEK EIGHT Picks, Pats, and Apologies (not so fast my friends)

kleese

Here's my picks from my glorious blog. :) Last week I was 9-5 straight up and 9-4-1 against the spread.

Minnesota at Carolina (-8)

The Vikes pulled off a big comeback win last week. Sadly for the Vikes, the feeble Packer offense didn't make the trip to Carolina this week.

Carolina 20 Minnesota 10

Oakland at Tennesse (+1.5)

Oakland finally looked good last week, laying a whipping on the Bills. Billy Volek will start for the Titans, he's had some huge games versus weak secondaries, the Raiders fit the bill.

Tennesse 20 Oakland 17

Washington at NY Giants (-2.5)

Sorry Giants, this is the week the Redskins serve notice that they are the team to beat in the NFC East

Washington 31 Giants 14

Arizona at Dallas (-9)

Cowboys are coming off another tough late loss, which I love. Unfortunately they'll win this week, however 9 points is way too many.

Dallas 21 Arizona 17

Chicago at Detroit (-3)

1st place in the glorious NFC Central. Jeff Garcia came in and lead the Lions to a whopping 13 points. Luckily for them, the Bears have trouble getting up that high in scoring.

Detroit 13 Chicago 7

Cleveland at Houston (-2)

The new Houston mastermind offense to prevent sacks: never pass. Interesting thought, would Houston draft Leinart if he were available when they pick?

Cleveland 20 Houston 17

Green Bay at Cincinnati (-9)

This should be a fun high scoring game. The Bengals have all their weapons, the Packers are down to about their 17th running back and missing their top wideout

Cinncinnati 38 Green Bay 28

Jacksonville at St.Louis (+3)

Jamie Martin still sucks, last week not withstanding.

Jacksonville 21 St.Louis 10

Miami at New Orleans (-2)

Gus Frerotte is back to his terrible self. The Saints have to get some breaks somewhere.

New Orleans 21 Miami 17

Kanas City at San Diego (-6)

KC is decent against the run, and terrible against the pass. They'll probably try to steal the Philly game plan and stack and pressure everything on Brees. Doesn't work so well when you have a flimsy secondary.

San Diego 31 Kanas City 24

Philadelphia at Denver (-3.5)

Philly won in the last minute last week, and Denver lost. This is a game that in the past Philly would have rolled in, but they aren't the same team anymore.

Denver 31 Philly 28

Tampa Bay at San Francisco (+11)

San Francisco isn't great, but 11 points for a team starting Chris Simms on the road?

Tampa Bay 17 San Francisco 10

Buffalo at New England (-9)

Buffalo is the team most likely to tank the rest of the season, New England does nothing if not take advantage of opportunities.

New England 31 Buffalo 10

Baltimore at Pittsburgh (-10)

This will be a rough and tumble affair. Ten points seems high, then you remember the Ravens have no offense

Pittsburgh 21 Baltimore 3

ThatGuy you say San Fran isn't great... really wow that's shocking news! I think you meant to say not good, not a real team. Nice picks Kleese and ThatGuy the only pick I disagree with you guys on is the Bears will beat Detroit they handled them earlier in the season, and will do the same thing Sunday. 23-10 Bears

Archived