Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Inspirational songs needed

Brother Redskin

I want to put together an inspirational mix CD and was hoping to get some ideas from you guys and gals. I have been thinking about doing it for a while now but keep having trouble coming up with enough songs. I am looking for stuff like "Live like you were dying" by Tim Mcgraw, or the sunscreen song by baz luhrman or even something like "right now" by VH. Basically songs that make you feel good about yourself or that make you want to be a better you. Anyway I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas on this that you can come up with. thanks guys :cheers:

How about songs fromt the Rocky movies, Flyin' High Now, Eye of the Tiger.

Did I just say that? Those are songs I would never listen to. Songs that inspired me when I used to weightlift Breaking the Law and Screamin For Vengeance by Judas Priest, Back in Black and Given the Dog a Bone by AC/DC; now those get you fired up.

great stuff everyone, thanks again.

I mentioned a few songs earlier that I really like for this topic and thought I would let you all see for yourself. these are the lyrics to "live like you were dying" by Tim Mcgraw. If you have never heard it you should check it out, it is country and I generally don't like country but this one is different. lyrics are as follows:

he said, I was in my early forties. With alot of life before me. when a moment came that stopped me on a dime.

I spent most of the next days, looking at the X-rays. talking bout the options, and talking bout sweet time.

I asked him when it sank in that this might really be the real end, how it hit ya when you get that kind of news, man what you do.

and he said, I went sky-divin, I went rockie mountain climbing, I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named fu man chu.

and I loved deeper, and I spoke sweeter, and I gave forgiveness I've been denying,

and he said someday I hope you get the chance to live like you were dying

He said I was finally the husband, that most of the time I wasn't, I became a friend a friend would like to have

and all of a sudden going fishin, wasn't such an imposition, and I went three times that year I lost my dad.

well I finally read the good book and I took a good long hard look at what I'd do if I could do it all again.

and then I went sky-divin, I went rockie mountain climbing, I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named fu man chu.

and I loved deeper, and I spoke sweeter, and I gave forgiveness I've been denying,

like tommorrow was a gift and you got eternity to think about what you'd do with it, what did you do with it, what did I do with it

I went sky-divin, I went rockie mountain climbing, I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named fu man chu.

and I loved deeper, and I spoke sweeter, and I watched an eagle while it was flying

Archived