Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs team not getting respect -- wierd . .

Newera

Here you have a three time Super Bowl Champion coach. Has won three Super Bowls with three different quarterbacks -- a very hard feat indeed. Who else has done that. I mean Bellichik has won all his Super Bowls with Brady. Knox -- Bradshaw. Johnson -- Aikman.

Yet, the Skins still continue to get no respect. However, I do think most of the mediots are sitting on the fence with us right now. Only because our play has put them on the fence. They certainly were not on the fence going in. Only Joey T had us good. No surprise. He's knows of the power of Gibbs.

What's remarkable is that Master Joe is commencing competing for his fourth Super Bowl title with his fourth quarterback -- Mark Brunell.

Gibbs is arguably one of the five best coaches to ever coach in this league. Every three years he builds a Super Bowl Contender. Whereas Parcells seems to get a "Free Pass" Gibbs doesn't and I think its because Bill has a more intimidating presence, then Joe.

Yet, Joe is probably one of the fiercest competitors to ever coach in this league. Joe in one year of brilliance, has schemed his offense from last to first -- and it will only get better if you follow his history. Gibbs record in November and December has almost been 80%. One of the NFL's best.

Which goes to show his teams get better and better. He goes 0-5 in 1981. Yet, finished 8-8 that year. That team got better under the radar. Much like this year. The next year we went to the Super Bowl in a strike shortened season. The next year the Skins went 14-2 and set an offensive scoring and production record that was only broken by the Vikings like six years ago.

He did it again with Schroeder and Williams. Then again with Rypien. He coached a Scab team to a 3-1 record and a major upset over a Cowboy team that had Dorset and Randy and Danny White (who crossed the picket line).

Quiet as it's kept his record over the last 12 games between this year and last year is 8-4. All loses by less then 3 points. Like in 1981 to 1982, the team is improving "Under the Radar." Shhhhhhh. . . don't tell anyone.

It's beautiful to watch this team develop into a bonifide contender -- a team that will be even better next year. This team in many ways reminds of the early niners with Joe Montanna. They got good when no one gave them any respect. They had average to above recievers like Soloman and Clark. However, it was the west coast offense scheme that was so powerful.

The slowly added more dangerous pieces in John Taylor and Rice and took their offensive fire power to an even higher level. Highly efficeint. Highly precise. I see the Skins doing that next year in going after a big time receiver to go opposite Moss next year.

I see them adding a pass rushing defensive end next year. I see this team actually truly competing for the Super Bowl next year with the Pundits even thinking so. Yet, could very well be a sleepy contender this year as the team learns to win, learns to be good under the tuteledge of Mastermind Joe.

You can see in one year the improved scheming of this offense to contend with the blizt happy defenses of today. Still running his mass protect schemes, but passing with two tight end sets, and running on four wide out sets. Like John Lynch said "That offense is a chore to deal with." Joe is creating a hybrid offense right before our eyes. The man is brilliant -- and Mark is mastering it. And, Ramsey and Campbell are learning.

After ten years of futility going through the Norv Turners, Schooty and Spurrier -- Master Joe is restoring the "Storied" tradition of the Burgunday and Gold. The team and the fans are starting to believe. With added punch of Lavar's energy to the defense, football is fun again.

The guy can flat "Coach." Why are people questioning him. He's won at everything he's done -- everything.

What's scary -- this team is only going to get better. Why, it's not even November or December yet. Now is it!

Actually I just read through the entire article and there's a lot of mistakes.

1. We won our first superbowl with Theisman, not Schroeder.

2. Our record over the past 12 games is 7-5, not 8-4.

3. We lost a game by more than 3 points just two weeks ago against the cheifs.

4. I've already mentioned it's Chuck Noll, not Chuck Knox

Your main point is correct though. Joe Gibbs is a very good coach.

I hope he does 5 super bowls with 5 QBs. Once with Brunell and once with Campbell.

I'm glad that no one is respecting the Skins. I love being the underdog and proving people wrong. Hopefully this Skins team will continue to imporve on both sides of the ball. I personally think that the respect will come if we win 2 outta of the next three (Giants, Philly, TB).

He did it again with Schroeder and Williams. Then again with Rypien. He coached a Scab team to a 3-1 record and a major upset over a Cowboy team that had Dorset and Randy and Danny White (who crossed the picket line).

Not nitpick, but didn't we only play 3 games with scabs in 1987?

despite some small inaccuracies, i loved this post. I really just love watching a Gibb's coached team, I was only a little boy when I watched the first era of gibb's, and now i'm 22 years old and a season ticket holder for the first year. Everyone told me i was wasting my money, but I felt like we had the chance to make history, and I'm loving every second of this season.

For so many years my life has been plagued by an average skin's team that ALWAYS lost to dallas which would leave me in a bad mood, now its a point of pride to be a skin's fan, and to explain that Gibb's is the reason that I'm such a diehard fan. I love the redskins.

I think it should be noted that Gibbs' teams didn't receive ALL THAT MUCH respect in their heyday either. They were considered solid and well-coached, but in big matchups, most analysts/experts tended to pick the teams with the the big names.

I enjoy not being feared...it reminds me of the good old days when our boys went out there each week and earned it!

Here you have a three time Super Bowl Champion coach. Has won three Super Bowls with three different quarterbacks -- a very hard feat indeed. Who else has done that. I mean Bellichik has won all his Super Bowls with Brady. Knox -- Bradshaw. Johnson -- Aikman.

Yet, the Skins still continue to get no respect. However, I do think most of the mediots are sitting on the fence with us right now. Only because our play has put them on the fence. They certainly were not on the fence going in. Only Joey T had us good. No surprise. He's knows of the power of Gibbs.

What's remarkable is that Master Joe is commencing competing for his fourth Super Bowl title with his fourth quarterback -- Mark Brunell.

Gibbs is arguably one of the five best coaches to ever coach in this league. Every three years he builds a Super Bowl Contender. Whereas Parcells seems to get a "Free Pass" Gibbs doesn't and I think its because Bill has a more intimidating presence, then Joe.

Yet, Joe is probably one of the fiercest competitors to ever coach in this league. Joe in one year of brilliance, has schemed his offense from last to first -- and it will only get better if you follow his history. Gibbs record in November and December has almost been 80%. One of the NFL's best.

Which goes to show his teams get better and better. He goes 0-5 in 1981. Yet, finished 8-8 that year. That team got better under the radar. Much like this year. The next year we went to the Super Bowl in a strike shortened season. The next year the Skins went 14-2 and set an offensive scoring and production record that was only broken by the Vikings like six years ago.

Quiet as it's kept his record over the last 12 games between this year and last year is 8-4. All loses by less then 3 points. Like in 1981 to 1982, the team is improving "Under the Radar." Shhhhhhh. . . don't tell anyone.

It's beautiful to watch this team develop into a bonifide contender -- a team that will be even better next year. This team in many ways reminds of the early niners with Joe Montanna. They got good when no one gave them any respect. They had average to above recievers like Soloman and Clark. However, it was the west coast offense scheme that was so powerful.

The slowly added more dangerous pieces in John Taylor and Rice and took their offensive fire power to an even higher level. Highly efficeint. Highly precise. I see the Skins doing that next year in going after a big time receiver to go opposite Moss next year.

I see them adding a pass rushing defensive end next year. I see this team actually truly competing for the Super Bowl next year with the Pundits even thinking so. Yet, could very well be a sleepy contender this year as the team learns to win, learns to be good under the tuteledge of Mastermind Joe.

You can see in one year the improved scheming of this offense to contend with the blizt happy defenses of today. Still running his mass protect schemes, but passing with two tight end sets, and running on four wide out sets. Like John Lynch said "That offense is a chore to deal with." Joe is creating a hybrid offense right before our eyes. The man is brilliant -- and Mark is mastering it. And, Ramsey and Campbell are learning.

After ten years of futility going through the Norv Turners, Schooty and Spurrier -- Master Joe is restoring the "Storied" tradition of the Burgunday and Gold. The team and the fans are starting to believe. With added punch of Lavar's energy to the defense, football is fun again.

The guy can flat "Coach." Why are people questioning him. He's won at everything he's done -- everything.

What's scary -- this team is only going to get better. Why, it's not even November or December yet. Now is it!

Excellent post. Gibbs is unquestionably one of the greatest coaches of all-time, bar none. I too find the lack of respect puzzling.

GIBBS is truely a great coach, and yet soo much more. to come back here and do this all the while the pundits and prognosticators rant and rave and accuse and spit at him and this franchise . like how dare you get up off the ground, you are supposed to grovel.well not anymore, teams are not going to like to have to play us anymore because it's from whistle to whistle.lunch pale time baby,this teams actions will drown out thier words and silence the critics.and even if they continue to run their mouths and wag their tongues we will know in our hearts that this team is good.

I'm glad that no one is respecting the Skins. I love being the underdog and proving people wrong. Hopefully this Skins team will continue to imporve on both sides of the ball. I personally think that the respect will come if we win 2 outta of the next three (Giants, Philly, TB).

There is a difference in favoring and respecting, they could respect us w/o favoring us to win, that is more like what is starting to happen now, people still pick us to lose, but they aren't too suprised if we win. But true respect is when people are more often suprised that we lose than suprised if we win.:gaintsuck

There is a difference in favoring and respecting, they could respect us w/o favoring us to win, that is more like what is starting to happen now, people still pick us to lose, but they aren't too suprised if we win. But true respect is when people are more often suprised that we lose than suprised if we win.:gaintsuck

Real good point.

Archived