Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last Respectable President

pez

I would like to have the opinions of our board members about who they thought was the last respectable leader of our great nation.

I will repect everybody's opinion, but in my opinion, the majority of the american people have been basically trying to vote in the lesser of two evils, rather than actually REALLY getting behind somebody. What are your thoughts, and when will this country really get another great leader?

I agree with you 100%. In my lifetime, I think that we have been put in a postion where we are always voting for the lesser of 2 evils and I don't see that changing any time soon.

I wish more people would vote for 3rd party candidates.

To answer your question, I honestly don't know, Regan is my personal favorite president of my lifetime, but I think that he was just as "dirty" as the next guy. I don't believe for a second that he wasn't aware of the Iran Contra deal.

Your right because unlike armchair liberals some of us did defend the nation during that time frame and understood the scope

If it weren't for you guys that "understand" the scope, maybe we wouldn't have to be in Iraq now looking for weapons that we gave them to fight Iran...

We keep arming people we end up having to fight, but of course, nothings wrong with that....

If it weren't for you guys that "understand" the scope, maybe we wouldn't have to be in Iraq now looking for weapons that we gave them to fight Iran...

We keep arming people we end up having to fight, but of course, nothings wrong with that....

I hate to defend navy but how are we supposed to know the people we are helping now will turn on us 20 years later. If that were the case then we would be able to predict the future and win a lot of money gambling :laugh:

I do think there are some things the public doesn't need to know regarding the military, we want all the information then are outraged when we hear it, yet we have no clue the ramifications of it all.

I hate to defend navy but how are we supposed to know the people we are helping now will turn on us 20 years later. If that were the case then we would be able to predict the future and win a lot of money gambling :laugh:

I do think there are some things the public doesn't need to know regarding the military, we want all the information then are outraged when we hear it, yet we have no clue the ramifications of it all.

You don't know, the point is, DON'T arm other countries, particularly small middle eastern ones.... duh...

Easy...

5a.jpg

We also understood the scope when Clinton had dealings with China and North Korea and we a major jump in their missle technology and Nuclear aspirations thanks to him

And if Clinton shared info or arms with them, I view that the same way, it shoudln't have been done....

We need to look out for ourselves and become more isolationist.

You just think the right can do no wrong, which is a joke.

Speaking German AND Clinton in the same thread.

Its Official Folks!

ND has lost his Mojo!

We can see it now.....sitting in from of the keyboard with flashcards that have canned comebacks.

"Clinton"

"WWII connection to Iraq"

"Vietnam NO connection to Iraq"

"Clinton"

"Liberal = Hates America (Pretend as hard as possible that they aren't Americans)

"Clinton"

"David Boston is a jerk"

Iran Contra...I don't remember gate. Sorry, I'd vote no on Reagan. Time and death seems to color many perceptions, and htat's probably for the best.

I'd vote yes on Bush the elder. He wasn't my favorite, but he was respectable. I'd vote yes for Carter too. However, I don't equate respectable with successful, just with being a person I would want my son to model himself after.

Ironically, the most successful seem to be the least respectable and vice versa. Jimmy Carter might be case and point. Machiavelli (sp?) eat your heart out.

Carter the carpenter might be respectable but not as president heck he even had black democrats wanting him pout of office

Bush the elder was ok til he screwed up two times one being the supreme court appointment and the other was listening to the democrats to go against his read my lips no new taxes.

Then of course he did rub some of us the wrong way with his handling of the battle ships.

Archived