Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Cheney be impeached?

Burgold

If he is guilty of perjury in the Plame case? Is lying about his knowledge of this woman and her job sufficient in your mind to warrant impeachment?

If we can impeach a President for lying about having an affair, then I believe that the Vice President should be impeached...maybe even Dubya.

If we can impeach a President for lying about having an affair, then I believe that the Vice President should be impeached...maybe even Dubya.

Yes, but that was about a blow job, which is something that actually matters.

Revealing a name of a CIA agent is closer to buttering toast than, well, a blue dress.

Some conspiracy theorists are claiming that the republican party is intentionally doing this to have Cheney step down (being financially rewarded), so Condoleezza Rice can be appointed to the VP spot to help her chances at running against Hillary Clinton...

I don't usually subscribe to these conspiracies, but it is an interesting one nonetheless..

Some conspiracy theorists are claiming that the republican party is intentionally doing this to have Cheney step down (being financially rewarded), so Condoleezza Rice can be appointed to the VP spot to help her chances at running against Hillary Clinton...

I don't usually subscribe to these conspiracies, but it is an interesting one nonetheless..

I like the one about Jeb Bush ,keep it in the family ;)

Do you think Cheney is enough of a team player to permanently disgrace his legacy and place in history? I don't quite buy the Rice theory.

This particular theory was being discussed on DC101 this morning, and they were arguing over the same thing.. would he disgrace himself to help the party... Many seemed to agree that for enough money or contracts thrown to hilliburton... anything was possible...

Clinton demonstrably lied about something that was actually a crime.

Cheney supposedly lied about something that was not a crime.

Clinton demonstrably lied about having an affair... Having an affair is a crime?

Cheney may have lied (recent reports seem to indicate he had foreknowledge of this person which he denied) about the outing of a CIA agent. The outing is not a crime?

Is this what you are saying?

I think anybody who accepts the VP spot if Cheney were to leave, is asking for trouble.

That's automatically being connected even more to this admin and what's going on. If Rice wanted to be President, she WOULDN'T accept the VP spot now. It would make her look like even more on an inside to all this, than she already is.

I don't think Cheney will be impeached. I think he'd step down for faux health reasons 1st.

Bllue Talon, I believe Clinton "lied" about a bj or the definition of having sex. Last I checked, this was not a crime outside of the lieing under oath about it.

Cheany lied about his or somebody elses revealing classified info (if guilty). I believe this is a crime beyond just the lie under oath about it.

I believe you have the who lied about a crime backwards.

I think Cheney/his secretary lied about having knowledge of the leak, but the leak itself was not a crime supposedly. From what I understand the agent had been retired, de-listed, whatever. They said that once an agent reaches this status they cannot be revealed for 5-6 years?... and this person was 1 year past that particular deadline. So the leak itself was not the problem (although don't think it was intelligent) it was the coverup and lying about the person leaking the information that has stired up a hornet's nest.

Bllue Talon, I believe Clinton "lied" about a bj or the definition of having sex. Last I checked, this was not a crime outside of the lieing under oath about it.

Cheany lied about his or somebody elses revealing classified info (if guilty). I believe this is a crime beyond just the lie under oath about it.

I believe you have the who lied about a crime backwards.

When he first started cooking evidence to get us into a war, Cheney was guilty of treason. Lying about Plame bedamned...a lesser crime. Outing Plame...treason. Conspiracy to conceal treason...treason. Running a cabal to con America into war...conspiracy to commit treason.

If he perjured himself, then yes, he should be impeached.

BTW, does the left still believe that Clinton was impeached because he got a smoothie in the Oval Office? Or do they now realize that it was the lying under oath that was the reason?

They go hand in hand. Should the topic ever have warranted questioning in front of a grand jury? Was the affair worth the money we the taxpayers spent to Ken Starr? In truth, Clinton was impeached because he lied about having an affair. You can't divorse the issue from the act. Happened to lie under oath, but was asked an issue that had nothing to do with how Clinton was performing his job or the security or well being of the nation.

Plame case is different. What happens to the sources or people that were used to help the US gather intelligence that she interacted with. All the sources suddenly become useless and the sources themselves endangered. It is highly dubious that anyone will search for technalities to justify this.

If he perjured himself, then yes, he should be impeached.

BTW, does the left still believe that Clinton was impeached because he got a smoothie in the Oval Office? Or do they now realize that it was the lying under oath that was the reason?

LOL...He said Smoothie

Uh No

Plame was not a covert agent period.

Trying to find a crime after the primary one is dismissed is comical.

Clinton on the other hand had Monica wirte a false statement then had his lawyer use the document to say he didn't have the affair.

Valerie Plame Wilson (born April 19, 1963) is a United States Central Intelligence Agency officer, who was identified as a CIA operative in a newspaper column by Robert Novak on July 14, 2003. The ensuing political controversy, commonly referred to as the Plame affair, or the CIA leak scandal, led, in late 2003, to a Justice Department investigation into possible violation of criminal statutes, including the Intelligence Identities Protection Act of 1982.

Officer... sorry. When I said agent, I was deriving from agency... although I never said undercover.

As mentioned before, the leak itself is not a crime... she was at least 1 year past the protection act (although I don't think it is smart in any case to disclose that information). If Cheney's office had been open about their "supposed leak" in the first place, there would not be an issue...

They go hand in hand. Should the topic ever have warranted questioning in front of a grand jury? Was the affair worth the money we the taxpayers spent to Ken Starr? In truth, Clinton was impeached because he lied about having an affair. You can't divorse the issue from the act. Happened to lie under oath, but was asked an issue that had nothing to do with how Clinton was performing his job or the security or well being of the nation.

Plame case is different. What happens to the sources or people that were used to help the US gather intelligence that she interacted with. All the sources suddenly become useless and the sources themselves endangered. It is highly dubious that anyone will search for technalities to justify this.

Well, it's really how you frame the issue isn't it?

I mean, if Clinton were lying under oath about something as "innocuous" as a sexual affair, then what else could he be lying about? I think that was part of the engine, though probably not all of it, behind his impeachment.

Archived