Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To Redskins fans from a Die-Hard Giants fan

TommyNYG

I was reading through your posts today about Mr. Mara, and just like to say thats its nice to see what you guys had to say. You are classy guys who understand what Mr. Mara gave to the NFL, the Giants aside. <p>Just like I had the utmost respect and admiration for throwbacks like Mr. Cooke as well as George Allen and Darrell Green, you guys too understood Mr. Mara's contributions. God Bless Wellington Mara and now its time to play smash mouth football in a pride-restored NFC East, against two long-time rivals that throwback fans alike enjoy and guys like Mr.Cooke and Mr. Mara envisioned. Peace out guys.

Making friends with Skins fans, my friends would kill me. Just Kidding. haha. But it is cool to see what you guys said and how you shot down that one dude who didn't really know the history. Lets hope this game is a far cry from that 7-7 Frerrote game when I wanted to jump out of the window because it was quite possibly the most boring, annoying thing I have ever wittnessed. No ties, just a winner and a loser. Should be a great one!

I also can't believe how you made out like bandits with the Santana Moss trade, haha. I was POSITIVE you got the short end of that trade. :cheers:

Same feelings regarding Mara.

As for Sunday's game, it's going to be the most important intra-divisional game for us since 1999, and for your team since their Super Bowl year in 2000 given the competitiveness of this division. I love it, and there are going to be many more.

Making friends with Skins fans, my friends would kill me. QUOTE]

Stick around Tommy, there a few regular and respected Giant fans that frequent this board (Tom the Giant fan comes to mind) that will probably have your back. Anytime you want to engage in some good football talk, and probably some good natured ribbing, stop on by.

This board's friendly to other teams' fans who like good football discussion over mud slinging. We like any other board have those too, but by and large you'll find we just prefer good football discussion over here. We have among others, faithful Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, Seahawks, Saints, and Chiefs fans (off of the top of my head) who are respected regulars here.

Please feel free to return and participate.

I was reading through your posts today about Mr. Mara, and just like to say thats its nice to see what you guys had to say. You are classy guys who understand what Mr. Mara gave to the NFL, the Giants aside. <p>Just like I had the utmost respect and admiration for throwbacks like Mr. Cooke as well as George Allen and Darrell Green, you guys too understood Mr. Mara's contributions. God Bless Wellington Mara and now its time to play smash mouth football in a pride-restored NFC East, against two long-time rivals that throwback fans alike enjoy and guys like Mr.Cooke and Mr. Mara envisioned. Peace out guys.

Tommy, thanks for those kind words. It's always nice to see fans from rival teams put aside their differences and just talk football and common intests. Yes, Mr. Mara's contributions have helped make the NFL the great sport it is today. He will be missed. R.I.P. and my condolensces to his family.

Here Here, very classy, we are both classy orginizations, ouch, I just bit my tongue saying that aloud.

But seriously, we are both throwbacks, I agree completely

But as much as I want you guys to always remember the contributions of Mara, the way we reverance Mr. Cooke, we're still gonna kick ya'll's asses this Sunday, God bless, and goodbye.

well, there are 3 kinds of owners.

The guys who are old school and the team has been in their families.... Mara/Rooney

The guys who are New School and went after the team they always loved. Danny-Boy

The guys who went after other teams, failed, and settled on backup choices just to have a seat at the table. Lurie and Woody Johnson.

Archived