Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

See what I mean...!

FunBunch7

Jose Cortez misses a 25 yard filed for Dallas and gets cut....the Cowboys sign some guy named "Sushi"...then the Eagles pick up Cortez and cut France.

Our coaching staff is biding their time to put Hall on IR. We cannot let Novak go...he WILL end up in Dallas or Philly.

With the close calls we are having and the way the division looks, having a kicking edge over Dallas and Philly might just win the division for us!

Jose Cortez misses a 25 yard filed for Dallas and gets cut....the Cowboys sign some guy named "Sushi"...then the Eagles pick up Cortez and cut France.

Our coaching staff is biding their time to put Hall on IR. We cannot let Novak go...he WILL end up in Dallas or Philly.

With the close calls we are having and the way the division looks, having a kicking edge over Dallas and Philly might just win the division for us!

I can't believe the Eagles picked up Cortez. I can't believe Cortez continues to find himself on an NFL roster. Mind boggling.

I am happy that the Eagles picked up Cortez, now when the game comes down to a 50 yard field goal, I wont worry. I seriously hope we keep Novak. Are their really NO better free agent kickers other then Cortez? I find it hard to believe.

I am happy that the Eagles picked up Cortez, now when the game comes down to a 50 yard field goal, I wont worry.

50? The guys misses 29 yard fields goals with regularity.

If a game comes down to a 50-yard attempt... I'm guaranteeing that's a victory.

The guy can't kick in a dome... and he hasn't been able to kick in fair-weather outdoor stadiums (ie. Dallas).... they're going to throw him in windy Philly in November?

What a recipe for disaster. I'd have to question Reid's intentions. I have ultimate respect for the guy.... but this move is sheer stupidity.

The Eagles are a team that is going through some stuff internally.

Westbrook said he was the best running back in the league if used correctly, don't laugh yet, I'm not done, on top of that, McNabb is playing hurt, and an abdomin injury takes a very long time to fully heal, if any of you guys are Wizards fans, you remember how long it took Etan Thomas to recover from his abdomin injury. In addition, Andy Reid's idiotic decision to say '**** it' and lose Andy Reid for a year so he could kick a field goal tells me two things...

1) The eagles aren't dominating teams like they did last year if they need their kicker to win it for them in the last second

and 2) Reid is not the coach I thought he was, and I never thought he was a genious.

I like Novak simply because he's from C-ville, shame on him for playing for Maryland. But in light of this sin, I agree, we can't afford to let the Cowboys or the Eagles gain any advantage whatsoever, and God knows I hope Hall isn't out for the year, because he's a solid kicker.

Novak isn't good really... but he's better than what either of those two teams have.

I'd rather have Hall kicking for us.

Novak is way better than Cortez or the nobody at dallas or France.

Remember the 54 yarder in Denver that he made(in the rain) but got called back.

Obviously Reid is way ahead of his time. He knows the running game AND the kicking game are obsolete. He'll start going to 2-point conversions every time now. (Passing plays of course.) And going for it on every 4th down. :)

I hope the Gibbs team make the right decision on this. I'm sure they are aware that if they cut Novak he WILL be kicking against us in a division game probably with the playoffs at stake. Even if Hall is a better kicker, we HAVE to put him on IR.

Put it this way, when we play the Eagles, I would much rather it be Novak (WAS) vs. Cortez (PHI), than Hall (WAS) vs. Novak (PHI). Even if Hall is a little better than Novak, Novak is WAY better than Cortez.

I would've at least tried to get Morten Anderson hes fairly decent for as old as he is

Reid has lost his mind this year. He's overworking McNabb who's hurt in the first place, but he puts the offense in the hands of the passing game way too much anyway. We all know Donovan is out of shape and gets winded late in games. How you gonna ask the man to pass 54 times?

Thats good for us hopefully Lavar can get to him when we play and knock him out of the game

Jose Cortez used to be a roofer, i remember from the old XFL telecasts.

My theory, France is kicking full time (maybe in Dallas) in a week or two. He knew he was only a stopgap in Philly, and he asked reid for a release so he can try to win a kicking job elsewhere for the remainder of the season.

Reid, for some reason, agreed. Setting the Eagles kicking game back a ton when Akers aggrivates his hammy

Obviously Reid is way ahead of his time. He knows the running game AND the kicking game are obsolete. He'll start going to 2-point conversions every time now. (Passing plays of course.) And going for it on every 4th down. :)

I hope the Gibbs team make the right decision on this. I'm sure they are aware that if they cut Novak he WILL be kicking against us in a division game probably with the playoffs at stake. Even if Hall is a better kicker, we HAVE to put him on IR.

Put it this way, when we play the Eagles, I would much rather it be Novak (WAS) vs. Cortez (PHI), than Hall (WAS) vs. Novak (PHI). Even if Hall is a little better than Novak, Novak is WAY better than Cortez.

Perfectly said!

Yea I think Hall is healthy enough to kick now, but Gibbs is aware of that situation of Novak probably going to a NFC East team.

We should treat the Hall situation like they treated the Arrington situation.. Keep Novak in the game and blame not playing Hall because his "PACKAGE" hasn't been called..

Akers is said to be back next week or the week after that. Funny how he was able to rehab so fast and we're still sitting on Hall. Either Akers is destined to reagravate the injury or Gibbs is sitting pretty with two competent kickers to keep two teams in the division at a disadvantage. I'd like to see what we do if we still have both kickers on the roster by the time Akers kicks a full game.

Archived