Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something that has been bugging me...

nuposse87

I'm real happy about our great start this year which in large part is due to Moss but I have to wonder one thing... Will he ask for money at the end of the season and create a TO like situation. I hope he's a great character guy but does anyone else have this paranoia in the back of their head?:(

I'm real happy about our great start this year which in large part is due to Moss but I have to wonder one thing... Will he ask for money at the end of the season and create a TO like situation. I hope he's a great character guy but does anyone else have this paranoia in the back of their head?:(

I dont think it is in his character. All he wanted was a chance. He got that and #1 money well before this breakout. Even if he did think he needed more money I am pretty sure he wouldnt handle it like all the other big mouth bafoons.

I love Moss and he is my SECOND favorite redskin, but I don't think he'll have the leverage that Owens did. Moss will have had one good season. Owens had six or seven when he held out last year. Additionally, Moss was given a big contract at the beginning of the season. Like most of you, I just can't see moss holding out.

There are 32 #1 receivers in this league, only one of em behaves like TO, and thats TO.

I dont see Moss having that problem at all. He knew he could do better than he was doing at New York, he came here and proved it. I think his next goal is to get himself a ring. The dollars will come with that.

Guys, Moss received a very safe contract for both parties. If you remember correctly it's very incentive laden. Our FO paid him a relatively small salary this season and built in a big option bonus for next season ($11 mil if i remember correctly). The Skins were smart this time around with a FA receiver (Yes, we learned from the Coles situation) and clearly he is going to hit all of those goals so he'll be a Redskin for the long haul.

Could u imagine if moss came out and had this season and we didn't give him an extention when we signed him this guy would have been snatched up the first milisecond of the Free Agency.

Exactly. Skins FO knows what they are doing in most cases.

Archived