rvan1

Your bet on Sunday's results...  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Your bet on Sunday's results...

• Skins win by 14+
    • Skins win by 1 -13
    • Tie (brings back 1997 memories)
    • We lose

These are my power rankings from the NFL analysis website I work on. Let me know what you think.

www.geocities.com/pvr3384/powerrankings.html

1. (1) Indianapolis Colts (7-0) - I feel ashamed for thinking the Texans could make it a game for that brief moment in the first half.

2. (8) Pittsburgh Steelers (4-2) - Important win over Bengals should move the Steelers to bigger things assuming Big Ben is 100%.

3. (4) Atlanta Falcons (5-2) - Defense, not Michael Vick, is what is winnning games for the Falcons.

4. (7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-1) - With Griese done, the Bucs will need to find new ways to win games without over-running Williams.

5. (9) Jacksonville Jaguars (4-2) - The Jaguars have beaten some big time teams (Bengals, Steelers, Seahawks), and their schedule is getting easier.

6. (2) Denver Broncos (5-2) - Heartbreaking loss for the Broncos, but they are still the AFC West's best team.

7. (6) Philadelphia Eagles (4-2) - Shutting out LT is a statement for the rest of the NFL, particularly the AFC West.

8. (15) Seattle Seahawks (4-2) - The Seahawks are good AND lucky at home.

9. (13) Kansas City Chiefs (4-2) - Half a game out of first place in their division must have the Chiefs excited.

10. (14) Washington Redskins (4-2) - Sure, it was the hapless 49ers, but do you think last year's Redskin team could put up 52 points? Combine that with a headhunting defense (welcome back, LaVar), and the Redskins look dangerous.

11. (16) New York Giants (4-2) - The Eagles' and Giants' are sharing their "wins are wins" speeches to save time.

12. (3) Cincinnati Bengals (5-2) - The Steelers remain the hurdle this team fails to jump in order to become elite.

13. (11) Carolina Panthers (4-2) - The Delhomme-Smith combination is keeping defenses at bay for running backs like Stephen Davis to get in the endzone.

14. (5) San Diego Chargers (3-4) - It is a rare occurrence when the opposition can shut down LT, but when they do, the Chargers are no better than an average team.

15. (10) New England Patriots (3-3) - Teddy Bruschi's return is the talk of the town in Foxboro.

16. (12) Dallas Cowboys (4-3) - Cortez is gone, but is his replacement much better? The Cowboys need to win games that they've won on the field for a chance to keep up with the increasingly powerful NFC East..

17. (23) St. Louis Rams (3-4) - Mike Martz's future is as uncertain as the Ram's weekly consistency.

18. (19) Chicago Bears (3-3) - If the Bears can hold off the Lions, they'll win the division.

19. (18) Detroit Lions (3-3) - The Jeff Garcia era started nicely for the Lions. Now they must get productivity out of their passing game.

20. (26) Oakland Raiders (2-4) - If LaMont Jordan can build upon his performance, the Raiders will be a lot closer in their games against tough teams.

21. (20) New Orleans Saints (2-5) - Jim Haslett is not happy with the officiating in the NFL right now, for very good reason.

22. (17) Buffalo Bills (3-4) - There are no more "easy" games on the Bills schedule until Week 17.

23. (29) Arizona Cardinals (2-4) - With the McCown era kicking off in Arizona, could this be Warner's last year?

24. (29) Miami Dolphins (2-4) - Ricky Williams is not going to tear teams apart in his first 10 carries, and he's only getting 8.

25. (22) Baltimore Ravens (2-4) - The defensive injuries are piling up. If the offense doesn't get it together, this team could turn ugly (again) quick.

26. (25) Cleveland Browns (2-4) - The Browns may have found their new back in Droughns.

27. (31) Minnesota Vikings (2-4) - A win doesn't change the fact that the Vikings are a crumbing franchise.

28. (24) Tennessee Titans (2-5) - This team is young, but so are the Cardinals.

29. (27) Green Bay Packers (1-5) - 3/4 of the receiving crew is out, and now so is Green. Things are going to get worse before they get better for the Packers.

30. (28) New York Jets (2-5) - How many QBs will the Jets have to play to get through the season? So far we're up to 4 in 7 games.

31. (30) San Francisco 49ers (1-5) - The 49ers may not win another game this season, and winning one next season is looking shaky as well.

32. (32) Houston Texans (0-6) - Throwing the ball on only 9 downs is just not smart football, as bad as the offensive line may be.

Well their comments show respect but placing us at 10 with a 2nd-ranked offense and 4th ranked defense doesn't say respect to me. Hopefully we can just prove them wrong. I have so much faith in Gibbs I'm already planning on comin' up for the playoffs to watch us do it.

Well their comments show respect but placing us at 10 with a 2nd-ranked offense and 4th ranked defense doesn't say respect to me. Hopefully we can just prove them wrong. I have so much faith in Gibbs I'm already planning on comin' up for the playoffs to watch us do it.

yeah i can understand that. the problem is that its hard to really judge the 4-2 and 5-1 teams... i think the AFC is a better conference than the NFC (although not by as much as last year), so i tend to give the AFC a little edge. if the skins can prove themselves against the giants and philly in the next two weeks, they'll be a lot closer to the top. recently (with of course exception to the dallas game this year) division games have been their vice. itll be interesting to see how the next two weeks turn out. if they can go at least 1-1, which i suspect they will, they will be in command of more important things than my rankings.

Still higher then anyone would have expected a few weeks ago

I think 10th is about right, although I do think we should be ahead of the Seahawks because we beat them.

i can also see that argument, but Shawn Alexander has just been playing sick lately, and they are winning a lot of games... I guess you could make a case for Moss being equally as sick, but Alexander has been doing this consistently for years. A difficulty I have in making rankings is that after a few weeks, teams have beat teams and lost to other teams who beat other teams and so on, so its hard to put too much emphasis on head-to-head victories unless the teams are a spot or two away.

I very much appreciate all the input, keep it coming.

How can you put a 5-2 team below a 4-2 team ? If you have 2 (4-2 teams) and one of them has already beaten the other, how can you put the looser above the winner ? (Hawks and the Skins) ? Or how can a 3-4 team be above a 4-3 team or a 3-3 team ?I'm sure that you have to factor in schedules and stats, but do you really think that the Chargers are better than the cowgirls or New England ? I'm just thinking out loud, I don't mean to belittle your rankings, but you really have the Skins ranked way to low and Philly to high. Didn't the Redskins just totally dominate a team ? I'm not sure, I can't remember anybody scoring that many points this year, but the Redskins are RED HOT right now and you have to take that into consideration. The Redskins would have beat anyone in the NFL this past Sunday, they should be more like a top 5 team in my book. Next week against the Giants everyone will see an "elite" team on the warpath spanking some :whippin: :whippin: :whippin:

i can also see that argument, but Shawn Alexander has just been playing sick lately, and they are winning a lot of games... I guess you could make a case for Moss being equally as sick, but Alexander has been doing this consistently for years. A difficulty I have in making rankings is that after a few weeks, teams have beat teams and lost to other teams who beat other teams and so on, so its hard to put too much emphasis on head-to-head victories unless the teams are a spot or two away.

I very much appreciate all the input, keep it coming.

To me, it doesn't matter what the individual players are doing stat wise. The Redskins beat them, plain and simple. If you switched the ratings around like this...

8. (13) Kansas City Chiefs (4-2) - Half a game out of first place in their division must have the Chiefs excited.

9. (14) Washington Redskins (4-2) - Sure, it was the hapless 49ers, but do you think last year's Redskin team could put up 52 points? Combine that with a headhunting defense (welcome back, LaVar), and the Redskins look dangerous.

10. (15) Seattle Seahawks (4-2) - The Seahawks are good AND lucky at home.

Then I'd agree. We lost to the Chiefs, beat the Seahawks. Would only be logical to have the Redskins ranked between them.

How can you put a 5-2 team below a 4-2 team ? If you have 2 (4-2 teams) and one of them has already beaten the other, how can you put the looser above the winner ? (Hawks and the Skins) ? Or how can a 3-4 team be above a 4-3 team or a 3-3 team ?I'm sure that you have to factor in schedules and stats, but do you really think that the Chargers are better than the cowgirls or New England ? I'm just thinking out loud, I don't mean to belittle your rankings, but you really have the Skins ranked way to low and Philly to high. Didn't the Redskins just totally dominate a team ? I'm not sure, I can't remember anybody scoring that many points this year, but the Redskins are RED HOT right now and you have to take that into consideration. The Redskins would have beat anyone in the NFL this past Sunday, they should be more like a top 5 team in my book. Next week against the Giants everyone will see an "elite" team on the warpath spanking some :whippin: :whippin: :whippin:

1. skins dominated worst team in nfc

2. look who san diego has lost to

3. look who cincinnati has beaten

What the hell is the iggles doing in the top 10? since they go to the superbowl last year that somehow has an affect on there performance this year? huh? And the colts above the steelers...NOT! That list looks like it is based only on records. I think the thing that they got pretty close was the falcons..I hate them but they look damn good. not that anyone cares but heres hows I'd rank em.

1. steelers

2.broncos

3 redskins

4. colts

5.falcons

6. seahawks

7. jaguars

8. chiefs

9. bucaneers

10. Its hard to do this but I'll type it anyhow>>cowpukes

I put the colts at 4th because there 6-0...But if a 0-6 team "hangs around" even for a little while your certainly not getting 1st place from me. And Im sure I'll take some heat about the pukes at the 10th spot but it damn sure aint the iggles or gnats.. whatever, what do you think of my top 10?

Archived