Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I don't want to jinx this but...

evucci

I don't think this game will be as close as we all think. The Skins will win this game by 11 points IF they don't turn the ball over. REASONING:

Washington run v. Giants D- The Giants have one of the worst run defenses in the league. The Skins will need to gain control of the line of scrimmage early and EAT THE CLOCK. The last thing we want is the Giants offense on the field. They are scary!

Washington WR v. Giants secondary- The Skins will need David Patten and James Thrash to step up this game. Look for the Giants D to go into a cover 4 defense with deep safety help to stop Moss going long. However this will open the flats, hitch, quick outs, and WIDE RECIEVER SCREEN. If the Skins can kill this coverage early by throwing the short out and other quick hit plays- it may open up Moss for a long bomb. Short yardage situations may also be a great Skins opportunity to go long because the Giants will need to slip into a Cover 2 to stop the short routes. That will open up the deep post route. This is a great defense to run against in 3 or 4 wide reciever sets. If the Skins try to force the ball down field into this D- then they might have a long day. Cooley could also be a major target against the Giants. Look for him to find a hole 5-6 yards off the line of scrimmage.

Giants O v. Redskins D- Hate to say it but the Giants offense is SCARY. I saw a thread about the most underrated player in the NFL and I think Tikki STILL doesn't get his props. Barber is amazing in the open field, and is a hell of a blocker on linebackers and cornerbacks on the blitz. Shockey, Toomer, and Burress are all playmakers. If the Redskins blitz doesn't get to Manning- look for him to throw deep early and often. Against the Redskins 49er quarterback Alex Smith got one on one coverage several times against the Redskins. He only hit on one long pass to Brandon Lloyd, but Lloyd is not in the same league as Burress and Toomer. Walt Harris and Shawn Springs are going to be locked into man coverage against some tall, physical WR's. Eli is not bothered by the pass rush and will stay in the pocket till the last second. The Redskins CAN NOT ask Springs and Harris to stay one on one without a pass rush hurrying a throw.

Shockey creates a TON of problems. Who do you ask to cover him. Safety? Linebacker? If you ask a safety to cover Shockey- you lose deep help to one side of the field. If you ask a linebacker to cover him- you better hit the quarterback pretty fast cause the boy can flat out run and be physical. Good thing our linebackers can run, but they will have their hands full.

STOP THE RB SCREEN and DRAW- Tikki Barber is SO dangerous on both of these plays. The Redskins LOVE to get penetration and attack an offense. But that is a MAJOR problem when a team loves to screen as much as the Giants. Get the Redskins defensive line on a jail break going after Manning and the next thing you know, it's a dump off to Tikki for 35 yards. I'm assuming that they will spy Tikki at all times with a LB. But if the Skins can't get penetration on the blitz- that spy will be coming after Eli. Major headache.

If the Redskins defense can get after Eli, and our cornerbacks can hold their own, it'll be a great day for the Skins. I would bet money that the Skins won't blitz NEARLY as much this week.

The Skins will win this game by running the ball and stopping the run. Big plays have killed this defense- and that could be the problem this week. A couple long passes to Toomer and Burress could make this a tough day. But I LOVE the run defense, and a team that can't run the ball against the Skins will be in serious trouble. The Skins will eat the clock and Portis and Betts should get 160-180 yards on the ground. If that happens, the Skins win 21-10.

That's my 2 cents.

The photographer speaks! Great analysis! :cheers: I agree with everything, and would add that Tiki Barber is also my biggest concern going into this game. Last year we shut him down, but last year Eli wasn't in the same place and he didn't have Burress to throw to.

If our D can't stop Tiki, I think this will escalate into a shootout...because I honestly don't think their defense has a remote shot at stopping our offense. The last great offense they played was the Chargers, and they dropped 45 on them. And while Portis is not at the same level that LT2 is, I still think our offense compares favorably with the Chargers' O.

Here's to a double-digit victory!! :cheers:

Sorry that I haven't been posting more. It kills me not to be putting up a gallery at the end of every game. The merge of the site with the team kind of puts me in a bad position to post photos. But I still love to read what everyone says!!!

Agreed. I don't really see where the perception that this will be close or that the Giants have the edge comes from. If you look at the season so far, we've had a much tougher schedule and are doing just as well. Sure the Giants beat Denver, but Denver really choked in that game. Other than that, look at the rest of their games:

Arizona W 42-19 Arizona sucks, solid, but doesn't mean much

at New Orleans W 27-10 again a pretty easy win, but still gotta give them some

credit

at San Diego L 23-45 Finally play a good team and get crushed

St. Louis W 44-24 another good win, but St. Louis is not very good.

at Dallas L 13-16 Same Dallas team we beat.

I'm not saying they're bad or anything, but they really have had it easier than us so far this season and have had only one win a against a good team.

I think we win this one by around 10 points or so. Definitely not a blowout, but not as close as people think.

I really do not find the Giants offense that intimidating at all. Come on now you guys, aside from a few big plays, we shut down Denver and Kansas City. And we did a number on Seattle. If we can get some pressure on Eli, I think we have a very good chance of winning this game.

Good points made, but I have to still agree with a few people about the whole "everything goes out the window" in division games.... Besides that, it looks like we do have a pretty big advantage if we can get into elis head. LaVar really changed the attitude of the defense against the 9ers, and if we can carry that momentum into the next two weeks, we'll be in great shape.

Arizona W 42-19 Arizona sucks, solid, but doesn't mean much

at New Orleans W 27-10 again a pretty easy win, but still gotta give them some

credit

at San Diego L 23-45 Finally play a good team and get crushed

St. Louis W 44-24 another good win, but St. Louis is not very good.

at Dallas L 13-16 Same Dallas team we beat.

Looking at their road to 4-2 really does make me think that we match up well with them. If there's a such thing, they may be a slightly softer 4-2 than we are. We've played two common opponents and played them similarly. They've gotten 2 or 3 of their easy games out of the way already and that might have padded their win total some.

I think we should feel guardedly optimistic about this game...

I remember matching up with teams a few times over the past couple years and being the team 'exposed' as a pretender...I would like nothing more than to be able to do that to another team!!

:point2sky

Archived