Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After Anti-Gay Insults, It May Be Felony To Protest Funerals

flyingtiger1013

http://www.nbc4.com/news/5170981/detail.html

INDIANAPOLIS -- An Indiana state senator wants to make disorderly conduct a felony if it occurs at military funerals, similar to a proposal being considered in Oklahoma.

Indiana state Sen. Brent Steele said he would propose legislation in response to an anti-gay group's protest at the Aug. 28 funeral for Army Staff Sgt. Jeremy Doyle, who died in Iraq.

Members of the Topeka, Kan.,-based Westboro Baptist Church dragged U.S. flags on the ground and shouted insults at Doyle's wife and other survivors outside a mortuary in Martinsville, Ind.

Church Rev. Fred Phelps said American soldiers are being killed in Iraq as vengeance from God for protecting a country that harbors gays and accepts homosexuality. The church, which is not affiliated with a larger Denomination, is made up mostly of Phelps' children, grandchildren and in-laws.

The church members carried signs and shouted things such as "God hates fags" and "God hates you."

The group has also shown up at funerals in Oklahoma and state Rep. Paul Wesselhoft said he would offer a bill to prohibit any form of protest within 500 feet of any funeral at a home, mortuary, cemetery, church or other place of worship.

UN F***ING BELIEVABLE!!! :mad:

This was reported by me months ago.

I don't agree with the alternative lifestyles of that demographic but that was an inappropriate place and I'm surpised the protesters weren't beat down.

Go protest with those signs in frisco then endure an a$$whupping by those f@gs.

This was reported by me months ago.

I don't agree with the alternative lifestyles of that demographic but that was an inappropriate place and I'm surpised the protesters weren't beat down.

Go protest with those signs in frisco then endure an a$$whupping by those f@gs.

Homophobe says what.

I'm a fairly conservative guy and a Christian, but Jesus as the Christ never said there was anything Biblically wrong about homosexuality. There's nothing in-writing anywhere in the New Testament and Jesus told us He and His words were the way.

Must not have been that big a deal to Him.

I realize there are still people who hold onto the Old Testament words about homosexuality being morally reprehensible and I respect their right to feel that way.

I gave a gay Brother, however. If God-forbid he passed before me and people protested his funeral, I'd have no compunctions about sending them home with their teeth in their pockets.

These people basically support themselves by irritating people so much that they attack them physically, then suing them for assault and battery.

OTOH, if, say, they were at the funeral of a dead US Soldier, standing behind a sign that says the soldier deserved to die because he was fighting for homosexuals, and one of the soldier's brothers takes a swing at them, then the odds of 12 people voting, unanimously, to punish the brother is?

Archived