Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joey T deserves an apology!

feeshta

Before the season started, Joe Theisman was on one of the the analysis shows and they went around the room and asked all of the guys for their preseason superbowl pics. As many of you know, Joey T picked the Skins, and he got laughed at out loud on national TV. A lot of us of course defended Joey T for obvious reasons, and we believed this team had a chance of being a serious playoff contender.

I believe Joe Theisman deserves an apology from his contemporaries. His pick was every bit as valid as any of the others, and the team is proving him right. At this point in the season, we stand with a 4-2 record that might just as easily have been 6-0 with a few more sympathetic bounces of the ball, and we have done it against one of the toughest schedules in the league to this point. We have the #2 offense in the league, and the #4 defense. This team is on the verge of greatness, and the mediots are just now finally realizing it.

No apologies yet. We're 4-2 heading into pivotal games with the Giants and Eagles. If we leave that stretch 4-4, then Joey T's pick still looks pretty silly. Until we CONSISTENTLY prove we can win games in the division, we don't deserve too much credit. Been waiting for a chance to prove ourselves? Well, the time has come.

Before the season started, Joe Theisman was on one of the the analysis shows and they went around the room and asked all of the guys for their preseason superbowl pics. As many of you know, Joey T picked the Skins, and he got laughed at out loud on national TV. A lot of us of course defended Joey T for obvious reasons, and we believed this team had a chance of being a serious playoff contender.

I believe Joe Theisman deserves an apology from his contemporaries. His pick was every bit as valid as any of the others, and the team is proving him right. At this point in the season, we stand with a 4-2 record that might just as easily have been 6-0 with a few more sympathetic bounces of the ball, and we have done it against one of the toughest schedules in the league to this point. We have the #2 offense in the league, and the #4 defense. This team is on the verge of greatness, and the mediots are just now finally realizing it.

I dont think so far we have had one of the toughest schedules in the league....

We have faced a 3 - 3 Bears with a rookie qb and a division III school in the Niners.

We have faced a 3 - 3 Bears with a rookie qb and a division III school in the Niners.

have ya seen tampa bays schedule??? the skins have at least played teams with winning records- not counting san fran (and chicago is even).

Actually We've Played the Bears (3-3, GREAT D; would be 4-2 if they beat us), Dallas (4-3, Potential Playoff Team; would be 5-2 if they beat us), Seattle (5-2, Playoff/Maybe Superbowl contender; would be 6-1 if they beat us), @ Denver (5-2, Playoff/Superbowl Contender), @ KC (4-2, Playoff contender), and yes the 49ers stink (still put up 52 on them though!)

So weve faced a pretty tought schedule in my estimation and with games agains the Giants (4-2) and Eagles (4-2) comin up it doesn't get any easier. So yes we have done very well for ourselves considering how many tough teams we have played thus far.

No apologies yet. We're 4-2 heading into pivotal games with the Giants and Eagles. If we leave that stretch 4-4, then Joey T's pick still looks pretty silly. Until we CONSISTENTLY prove we can win games in the division, we don't deserve too much credit. Been waiting for a chance to prove ourselves? Well, the time has come.

Couldn't have said it better myself... I think the redskins are playoff caliber, but I need to see them beat the best out there. There are no more "moral victories", like Denver and KC. This is a great chance to prove ourselves.

We've actually played a VERY tough schedule. Even with the Niners, I do believe we've played the toughest in the league to date.

Those 3-3 Bears, by the way, have the #4 defense in the league, and are #2 in points scored, only allowing 11.2 points/game. Our 9 points is the third best showing of the year against them.

And up until Sunday, that was the easiest game on our schedule.

Here are several reasons why we must win this game on Sunday

2-0 in division away games. Automatically gives us a winning, away, in-division record

2-0 Overall in division games

Undefeated vs NFC teams

Game in hand on the Giants with the remaining game at Fed Ex

Finally, most importantly. We will be roollllllling into a hysterical Fed Ex field on Nov 6th with a chance to snatch the heart of our biggest competitor. The fan presence for the Eagles game will be the closest thing that we have seen to RFK since Fed Ex was opened. This Giants game is huuuuuuuuuuuuge.

Guest sith lord
"The Seanold" Sean Salsbury

he said it on The Stephen A. Smith Show

And if we do make it to the SuperBowl, it's our job to hold him to it.

I still believe Joey T deserves an apology. He was made a laughing stock for expressing an opinion that has turned out to be a pretty reasonable one. I'm not saying we are superbowl bound by any means, any preseason superbowl pick is a crapshoot at best. We have as much chance at the bowl as any team in the league at this point, and Joe T's opinion has proven not to be anywhere near as ridiculous as his coworkers suggested. So, he deserves an apology.

Archived