Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Getting some props from Tony Siragusa

Tommy-the-Greek

I was listening to Wfan Sports talk last night and Joe B. had Tony on his show. They started talking about the upcoming Giant/Skin game. First JoeB. said the Skins are one of the most balanced team in the league. He praised our "D" and coaching staff.

Tony started by praising our "D" and saying they are a top 5 "D" and they are the real deal. Then he started talking about our "O". He praised Cooley saying that he was a great player and could do it all and he was just as good as Shockey. Then he Praised Santana and Brunell and Portis. He said the Redskins were for real and they are getting better each week and they are the favorite to not only get into the playoffs from the nfc east but also could go along ways and even win it all.

Then Strahan came on the show and started talking about just how tough the nfc east is right now. He said playing the Redskins now is just as tough as playing Philly.

I also liked hearing Joe B. the Jet fan complain about the Santana trade. All in all it is a good week of radio up here in the NY market. I get to hear about our Skins all week leading up to the Giant game.

Some of the other things I heard earlier in the day was on the Mike and the Mad Dog show. Mike is a big Giant fan and a parcells lover who has always hated the Skins said some nice things yesterday as well. He said in years past teams would see the Skins on there schedule and count it as a win. He said now they can count it as a loss. They were looking at the San Diego Chargers schedule and trying to count wins to see if they make the playoffs and when they got to the Skins they both said Chargers lose.

It is amazing how the media is doing a 180 on the Skins. :cool:

Nice to hear some props from the NY media.

Thanks for posting that, Tommy.

I live kinda close to Baltimore and hear all the crap about the Ravens.

It is funny how at the begining of the season, all I heard was how the Ravens were a Super Bowl contender and the Skins will be in last place in the NFC East again, but now people are dumping on the Ravens and are coming around to what the Skins are really like.

They still bash the Skins in the Baltimore media, but they are not as harsh as they use to be.

I would take tony siragusa's words highly because he unlike other wanna be analysts has actually seen the redskins play from start to finish as he has done a few of redskins game for FOX. other wanna bes probably has seen the highlights and have never seen a full redskins game. they sit in their studio and watch clips of this game and that game.

anyway, yeah of course we are getting props. i dont know how anybody can criticize any head coach in his first yr regardless if it is Gibbs or not and say the game has passed by him . so funny. Its freakin Joe Gibbs. He would be the last head coach i doubt.

A year ago everyone (me included) was thinking even if not saying out loud that maybe the game had passed Gibbs by, the Portis deal was a bust, the Redskins were too predictable on offense, Brunell was washed up, on and on. Very few were calling for everyone to trust Joe, he'll figure it out. Thankfully, we were all wrong and although we are all still on a SF high, I think we have good reason to be optimistic about this team. My only worry (granted I worry too much) is that Philadelphia is still the team to beat in the NFC and both Dallas and the Giants are also much improved over last year. Any one of the four could win the NFC North without breaking a sweat all are playoff contenders. The three who don't win the division title could be in a wildcard dog fight along with Carolina and Atlanta. My prediction is some very good teams won't make the playoffs this year and Chicago could make it in with a .500 record. That's sad.

It was during the Chiefs game and I can’t recall his exact statement. I seem to remember the portly former Raven said something to the effect of, 'I played against Mark Brunell and I can see it in his eyes that he is frustrated with this offense.' I know it’s his job to come up with something—anything, but I think he was really grasping with that one.

Archived