Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

people who say we overpaid portis we did't

Moz Wanted

joe gibbs is not dumb

yes its true portis is the 2nd most paid rb but he barely gets any money now in

the 05 and 06 season cause gibbs knew it would take some time for portis to adjust

05 season=455 grand 06=545 season but yes he starts getting alot of money starting in 07 season so he got alot of time to improve

* i just thought i would just let u guys know *

so right now portis and betts gets paid the same amount of money

Interesting you bring that up. If I were given a choice of Betts or Portis for the same amount of cash for the Gibbs system, id go with Betts hands down. But hey if were paying Clinton only that much for the next two years, thats cool too, Ill be the last to complain... :)

Aishwarya......... :drool:

I am impressed by Clinton Portis catching ablility, even though he was out of bounds on that one catch. It was still a nice catch for a RB. I think he needs to learn how to block better though. I think he's an above average running back, and with a few improvements on our offensive line he should blow up.

EWWWWWWWWWW!

J-ROCK LAY THE SMACK DOWN ON MOZ-

Good catch Rock.

What a=do you really think Moz?

Anyway, I said this since Portis' 1st year in the league- with many non-partisan witnesses, while he was on Denver. CLINTON PORTIS IS THE BEST PURE RB IN THE NFL. I have since revised that statement. He is now 2nd best, LT is the man.

But, I truly feel we have yet to see just how valuable CP will be to this team.

Their salary cap #'s are a bit different though.

That's exactly the point, the bonus money that we gave him says we are paying him about almost $4 mil for this year, which is not the same as betts at all. I love CP but he only plays his position at a very high level, and for $58 mil he should be a spectacular gamebreaking prescence, which so far he has not. Playing at that very high level he would be great if that contract he got was for 8 years $33 mil but not 8 years $58. I love having him on this team, but I do not love the unearned salary cap charge we will receive in two years.

Clinton still scares the hell out of opponents too. They still stack the line against him even though we are burning them in the air. His biltz pick ups are sick, he's great catching the ball out of the backfield and he has the ability to take it all the way anytime he touches it. Gibbs knows RB's and if CP wasn't perfect for him, he wouldn't be here.

I am impressed by Clinton Portis catching ablility, even though he was out of bounds on that one catch. It was still a nice catch for a RB. I think he needs to learn how to block better though.

Are you kidding me? Have you been watching his blocking skills lately? He's been a trooper and making some crucial blocks. I only remember a few blocks he missed this weekend with the San Fran and if I remember correctly, the defense overloaded his side and blitzed with more men than he could cover. I think his blocking skills have been great lately. I hope he continues to play the way he has. :applause:

I am impressed by Clinton Portis catching ablility, even though he was out of bounds on that one catch. It was still a nice catch for a RB. I think he needs to learn how to block better though. I think he's an above average running back, and with a few improvements on our offensive line he should blow up.

Are you kidding me? Clinton Portis has to be in the top 5 running backs(blocking) list. Have you been watching him?

Archived