Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley a tight end vacum

RedsSKINS_7

I still think both Cooley and Portis could be used more in the passing game.

One has to think that at some point Gibbs is going to use the matchups they get in as receivers as a staple in one week's game plan.

With all the attention focused on Moss we may not be far away from seeing these other players emerge with some pretty heady numbers.

in the past i would doubt that our offense would grow to include more players, but now i think its only a matter of time before we see guys like jacobs, cooley, and portis exploiting matchups.

to be honest i like cooley's role now. i was never comfortable with him as the #1 option or #1 3rd down threat. i think he's the kind of player who should have 3-4 catches 50yds and 1-2 tds.

in the past i would doubt that our offense would grow to include more players, but now i think its only a matter of time before we see guys like jacobs, cooley, and portis exploiting matchups.

to be honest i like cooley's role now. i was never comfortable with him as the #1 option or #1 3rd down threat. i think he's the kind of player who should have 3-4 catches 50yds and 1-2 tds.

I agree. Cooley has great hands and a knack for the endzone. I like seeing Brunell throwing the ball to different targets. It makes it that much harder to defend us.

Archived