Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking at the Giants, what do You See?

OldTownFan

The Giants are going to need a few turnovers or a game changing play in special teams to win this game.

That's what scares me. They have a great kick returning game and I hope we can do exactly what we accomplished against KC against them.

I still sit there with my fingers crossed with every FGA and punt though.

Time of Possession will be critical.......if we can keep Eli and boys off of the field we can be extemely successful. With a young QB not allowing him to establish a rhythm is critical. He's by no means the same QB we whipped on last season.

Hail to the Redskins!

WOW! you guys win a game against a high school team and think you are the king of the hill. and untill yesterday you guys forgot Levaar was on your team now he gets nine tackles and you think he is god.(Pierce got 13 vs Broncos). no doubt your D is better then ours, but our O is no doubt better then yours. So if you get behind early, fogedaboudit.

as for being over rated, how? we only lost one game where we looked lost, vs SD. we shoulda coulda woulda beat the cowgirls if we got the OT flip of the coin. I seriously think all 4 teams will be neck and neck down the stretch.

by the way, thats one gay "fighting song" ya got there.

:laugh:

Who is this idiot?

I see a lot of turnovers........Eli seems 2 fall back as he throws when pressured ,meaning a lot of floating passes ,our secondary sans Ade Jimoh is not having any of that.They are hungry for turnovers since we got a little taste this weekend and the throw the ball a lot which would predicate more chances to intercept.With that said jump balls to Burress and Shockey roaming the secondary will be a challenge.......As for Tiki ,Lavar kind of has an ownage issue with him if I'm correct Lavar makes this guy nervouse and he begins to fumble I hope that holds true.Thier D-fense is a joke but I do not doubt Pierce,Starhan will come to play.

The 2 teams are pretty evenly matched. It comes down to coaching and if I had to choose between Coach Coughlin & Coach Gibbs...I'll go with the guy who has been to 4 Super Bowls and in the Hall-Of-Fame. Who also has a Defensive Co-Ordinator who will get a lot of calls for head-coaching interviews during the off-season.

Agreed, but Tiki is the only weapon on the Giants' offense that we don't have an obvious answer for. (No, LaVar doesn't count.) Keeping him in check will be the key to winning.

i agree. i think taylor springs and harris will answer to burress toomer and shockey, but we need someone to stick barber the whole day.

Since this is my first post let me start off by saying I'm not here to troll I just like to talk about football.

With that out of the way I'd like to address a few things. It seems that a lot of guys here put an undue emphasis of offensive and defensive rankings. All you really have to do is look at the product on the field and you can see for yourself.

I have no doubt that the Skins have a much better defensive scheme and overall defense. In fact without looking at the stats from what 've seen I'd say they are a top 3 defense. I'm really not happy with all the soft zone coverages the Giants have been playing but by doing this they seem to give up fewer big plays and get a lot of turnovers. Santana Moss concerns me though because of his ability to run after the catch in the open ares of the zone. David Patten has alays been a solid receiver but nothing more than that and doesn't scre me. Chris Cooley is turning into an excellent receiving option but to see that some of you are putting him in Shockey's class is kind of ridiculous. The next time a defensive coodinator includes stopping Cooley in his gameplan will be the first time. He's still a good player he's just not someone who scares opposing teams yet. Also containing Portis will be be key for the Giants and not very easy.

Now on to the ranking that so many here on Extremeskins love so much maybe somone can tell me who the top scoring team in the league is? Oh yeah it's the New York Giants. Eli is not the second coming of Montana or unitas that many in the media are making him out to be but he is a very good young quarterback who has done nothing but get better. Burress was a matchup problem for Champ at times on Sunday because of his size and I don't see how it will be any different for Springs. Sean Taylor is probably the only player in the league with the size and atleticism to cover Shockey and I'm very interested to see how that matchup unfolds. I really think the key to the Giants offense being sucessful though is Toomer and the o-line. Last week was the first time Toomer became a bigger part of the offense and gives Eli even more receiving options. Eli also needs to find the open man when the Skins blitz.

I'll wrap up by saying I see a hard fought high scoring game between two teams that were greatly underated coming into the season. Final score 34-31 Big Blue.:silly:

From what we are hearing from other Giants fans I like what you have to say. Shocky is a great revieving TE, I would say that overall I would rather have Cooley because he is a fantastic blocker, and a VERY solid reciever. On top of this I dont think many NFL teams fear Shocky that much. He is still a tight end and is not a fast home run threat so unless your within your own 30 yard line, you dont start sending out the "stop shocky" plays because he is amazing in the red zone. I honestly feel Buress will have a harder time against Springs than he did against Champ. When Champ was here one of the major problems with him was that he could not be a physical player. Springs has very solid coverage skills (probably one of the smarter guys on our d) and is a very physical guy. He will not blow coverage against Buress and he will be very willing to mix it up with him. As for a deep ball to Buress, Sean Taylor is not given enough credit for being an excellent cover safety as well as one that can generat a big hit. The passing threat I see from you guys is Toomer because of his speed, and Barber on screens. With Harris back at CB though I am confident that we can for the most part shut down the Giants passing game.

I think with Arrington back, it gives the Giants 1 more blitzing threat to watch out for because honestly who does the O line pay more attention to? Warrick Holdman creeping up on the line, or Lavar Arrington? Even if Arrington doesnt have a big game I feel his presence will free up others such as Marshall, Washington, or the D line, to getting a good rush on Eli.

For my opinion on Eli he is given too much credit by the media and I agreed 100% with what you said, he is very good for a young QB, and the key word with him is solid. He doesnt get shaken up very much, and when he starts to get a little rattled Coughlin usually runs more to take the pressure off him, he is doing a good job of making sure Eli succeeds.

Now on to the ranking that so many here on Extremeskins love so much maybe somone can tell me who the top scoring team in the league is? Oh yeah it's the New York Giants.:

I love how all these Giants fans make a big deal out of being the top scoring team. LOOK WHO YOU'VE PLAYED AGAINST! Putting up a lot of points against New Orleans, Arizona, and St. Louis is not all that impressive. We've had a much tougher schedule so far.

Archived