Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins "Underdogs" Going into NY

MustangSteve

Because of Eli Manning and the scoring of the Giants, the Redskins have been placed as the underdogs going into NY this Sunday. Whats new brothas, Joe Gibbs teams were always underdogs even when they dominated other teams, even after 3 and 4 SuperBowl appearances. Its just going to take another SuperBowl trophy to show so called profesionals why not to bet against a Joe Gibbs team, especialy when these Redskins are "Joe Gibbs Redskins" there no longer Norv Turners or Steve Spurriers group, there being build by a builder of Champions and DONT be surprised to see them in this years SuperBowl. Every where the coach goes, in his 2nd year he wins the championship, he did it here his first time coaching when he started in 1981 and won the SuperBowl in 1982. He goes to Nascar and in his second year wins the Championship. This is his second year back and we are looking better then any other team to get to the "SHOW" (Bring that trophy home Redskins)

both teams are 4-2 and one is at home. hence the status as a favorite. not that surprising, really :)

the Giants have some good offensive weapons. luckily, I think they have a defense the Redskins can exploit.

having all three of our top corners healthy again is coming at the right time with the Giants and Eagles up the next two weeks.

the one positive for the Redskins is that each week they seem to be improving in some area.

more important than the score was the way the Redskins were able to get plays both in the air and on the ground while the defense kept the 49ers to 7 points through 3 quarters.

let's face it, that 7 is all the 49ers would have gotten if the Skins had not substituted out almost their entire defense in the final 10 minutes.

at one point our defensive line was Nic Clemons, Ryan Boschetti, and LaVar Arrington.

interesting, but not exactly the line I expect to see next week :)

both teams are 4-2 and one is at home. hence the status as a favorite. not that surprising, really :)

the Giants have some good offensive weapons. luckily, I think they have a defense the Redskins can exploit.

having all three of our top corners healthy again is coming at the right time with the Giants and Eagles up the next two weeks.

the one positive for the Redskins is that each week they seem to be improving in some area.

more important than the score was the way the Redskins were able to get plays both in the air and on the ground while the defense kept the 49ers to 7 points through 3 quarters.

let's face it, that 7 is all the 49ers would have gotten if the Skins had not substituted out almost their entire defense in the final 10 minutes.

at one point our defensive line was Nic Clemons, Ryan Boschetti, and LaVar Arrington.

interesting, but not exactly the line I expect to see next week :)

Agreed, we played back ups the whole 4th quarter to rest our starters for this game.

Giants are no joke and prove it with there offense, but our Skins are no joke either and like ya said, we have a dayum good Defense thats only going to get better better each week, and so is our Offense :point2sky

What a relief the Redskins are underdogs. I think it is preferable (just like Gibbs refused to let people treat the 49ers like cupcakes going into that game). The spread can be so reactionary I was afraid the Redskins would be huge favorites because the Giants squeeked a win and the Redskins racked up 52 points in a blow out.

Let the point spread stroke up the Giants.

:cool: With everybody pretty healthy again (hopefully grif too), all the good 'tudes felt by CP & the offense after SF, Lavar back, and the way the coaching on both sides of the ball has been...we're geared to win baby! Being the dog is a good thing :point2sky

truth be told we're one point favorites...the home team is given 3 points automatically in any pro football game...so to be 2 point dogs is to be 1 point favorites all things being equal...which sounds about right...if this game was at fedex we'd be 4 point favorites...which again means one point favorites...and the bookmakers have no reason to believe this game won't be decided by 4 points or less! gonna be tight and great i think...our d is going to be the difference...

I feel like we should be underdogs. We have the same record and the game is at the Giants. But I basically feel like when we are underdogs we play as if we have something to prove. I have a real good feeling about this game. The Giants are coming off an emotional win. And we are coming off a confidence building blowout.

Id be willing to bet that many people will lay the points and bet the Skins.

I don't think this is going to be a cake walk game. I know that the Giants D is ranked 30th and there O is ranked well below ours but I see this being a close game. In the end their D will not have an answer for stopping Moss.

forget the big dogs...if we take a look at joe gibbs.. he might of looked like hes been thrown int he garbage can in high school.. moss, is like the a.i. of the nfl.. a small dawg with great numbers fighting adversity all the time.. patten might be small, but a big mind with a calm and patient physicallity when numbers arent rising for him.. (being calm and patience is the key to success) so, let the media see the big dawgs, while i think being underdogs is the greatest motivation.. when they think we cant, we can.......and will come out on top......

Pointspreads are designed to even the money out on teams, they are not a realistic expectation of how a game will go. Oddsmakers are not trying to predict scores, they are trying to predict BETs. Public perception is more important than reality when setting a line. The game is at Giant's Stadium and a Manning is at QB for one of the teams. Hence the odds.

After coming down from our win on Sunday, and after Chewy's thread on winning by 10 points, I really think this will be a real physical, tough dog fight.

Both teams will score points, but Turnovers will be the difference. Our defense will need to be the difference. Defensive TD, or a big int late. Something.

As long as we can be more physical, I think we will win this game.

:logo:

Pointspreads are designed to even the money out on teams, they are not a realistic expectation of how a game will go. Oddsmakers are not trying to predict scores, they are trying to predict BETs. Public perception is more important than reality when setting a line. The game is at Giant's Stadium and a Manning is at QB for one of the teams. Hence the odds.

Thank you. There are more folks in NY so there is more money being bet on NY. Skins get points to even out the money. It's that simple and has little to do with relative strengths of the teams.

Archived