Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How will you feel next Sunday..

ljer

...if we lose to the hated Gmen (I know most of you don't loathe that team like I do).

To me, it will feel like the beginning of the season was a wash. I don't know why, I just do.

I want these division games. While all games are important, these are especially. I want a good performance this Sunday..but deep down I don't feel like I'm gonna get it.

Believe me, I don't fear the Giants in the least...it's the Skins I worry about.

It's hard to shake loose 12 years of torture and dissapointment. Know what I mean?? A big fat W on Sunday may finally do it for me.

I'd feel like I fell whenever my boys lose - sick to my stomach.....an empty, spirit-draining feeling of emptiness.

Fortunately, that won't be the case because I'm fairly confident that we'll be up for the game and that Gibbs will use yesterday's game as motivation, "Hey, everybody's saying we only beat the 49ers...they're just a division II college team, masquerading as an nfl team. Prove them wrong and freight train the G-Men."

We could very well see another rout.

I hate the fact that as soon as the skins begin to take a turn into the right direction, the rest of the division appears to be making similar strides.

This division is ultra competitive and is going to be a dogfight all season long. As you've noted, winning division games is going to be crucial in terms of who emerges as the team to beat in this division.

Know exactly what you mean, .. dont get me wrong, im a die hard skins fan..

but its been so long!!.. 4-2... .i feel like the skins will be on top of there game..but you cant help but have a "liil" confidence on what eli's doing so far, im sure he'll look pretty good..until he's put down,... again.. again.. and.... again..

It depends how we lose (if we do). Obviously, any loss, especially within the division, would hurt. But if it is a close game and a shootout to the end, I will feel less sick about it than if we go in there and make a bunch of mistakes and get blown out. I believe we are perfectly capable of winning all of our division games. However, in this division that is no easy task, and we will have to play immaculate football in order to pull it off.

I think this Giants game is especially important because we really need to go into the Philly game with some confidence. A win away at NY would definetly give us a reason to be confident agianst Philly. I know everyone says every game is "the most important game of the season" but I really think this one is above all. Especially if Philly loses to Denver this week, we will have the oportunity to be the dagger in there heart. Lets go boys!

People have said that this isn't a must win but I disagree. In a division as competitive as the NFC east appears to be it could easily all come down to the division record. Every game against a NFC east opponent is a must win, especially when your team is healthy because there is nothing that says we won't be missing key players by the end of the season.

We simply have to win the games when our team as at full strength and we have to beat the our division rivals. If we go 2-0 the next two weeks we'll put ourselves in first place and force the other guys to do more then simply match our record at the year end. That's big for us because like I said we don't know what will happen further down the road.

It would hurt but it wouldn't be too bad. I watched the end of the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys games and it was almost a magical Sunday with the Skins winning and all 3 of them loosing. The Eagles should have lost with that BS 4th and 1 call on their own 30 but I'll give it to the G-Men for a great comeback. The Cowboys game was classic. They had the Hawks down 7 with 80 yards to go for a tie and 2 minutes left. And just like the Skins game they found a way to loose!!!

Well, I have to start by saying, I think the Giants will be the easiest of the three divisional teams we will play this season. It will be tougher for us to beat them in their house, so I won't call it all a wash if we lose THIS game... but I think we have a very good chance of beating them. (No offense Tom, Eli will be the biggest pain in our backside for year to come)

Eli doesn't get rattled, but it's obvious he still isn't seeing everything he needs. Hitting him on one play, won't shake him for the whole game... but it will put him off easily for that particular play. As another thread already mentioned, he has a propensity to lob the ball up in the direction of his receivers, because so far they have managed to come up with the ball that way and make plays. But I think between Springs, and more importantly Taylor.. if they can figure out how to get a bead on the pass, we may come away with a couple interceptions. They don't have the ability to control the clock and they can be very streaky on how well they play.

Our offense over the last three games has made major improvements, but the biggest one has been our dominate ball control. As long as we can turn most of our drives into points, we can walk away with this game pretty easily.

Of course the only concern is that one or two BIG plays a game our D has been giving up. One I think we'll be able to overcome, but two and I think we'll give Eli enough ammo to stick around and steal it out from under us, just like they did to Denver.

Given how competitive the division is, the only MUST wins are the home games. I'm not sure how you define MUST win detino, but to me, MUST win is a game that if we lose, our chances of winning the division go basically to zero.

The only games that fit that for me are the home games. We cannot lose any home games to the NFC east. We already have 1 away win. That's pretty huge. Nobody else in the division has an away win. We are on pace to have the best division record EVEN with a loss to the G-men.

I think you guys are way underestimating how good this division is. We're going to beat each other up. To me, the next week against philly is the must win game if we are serious about winning the division.

Im going back to the drunk Eli pictures thread, the mood was MUCH better in there. We will beat the Giants this Sunday, our defense will slow down the pace of their offense, and have you seen how many passes we are completing? That is one of our biggest strengths, and that is why we lost a ton of close games last year, b/c we couldnt string passes together. I have no confidence in the Giants defense. Compared to our DEFENSE, their defense is busch league. Both teams offenses are decent. Any advantage their offense has over ours is negated by the talent and skill of our defense. In return, I feel our offense will overpower (not dominate) their defense, resulting in us scoring more then them... but I digress. ( I realize I started rambling...lol)

Of course the only concern is that one or two BIG plays a game our D has been giving up. One I think we'll be able to overcome, but two and I think we'll give Eli enough ammo to stick around and steal it out from under us, just like they did to Denver.

that's kind of the way I see it- more of a contest of big plays; which team can weather the other teams shots down the field.

though it looks like we are getting healthier in the secondary and that group should be improving- and the second TD we gave up to SF ws in garbage time- our inability to stop big running plays has me a little worried, especially with the seeming lack of emphasis on offensive holding this year.

I think we are going to have to have at least 4 plays of 30+ yards to take this one home, whether they are portis, moss, cooley or sellers :D.

on defense i think we are going to have to keep taylor over top of burress, and up front we need to hit barber and manning hard and often

I think Gibbs will have this team insanely prepared for the Giants. We're gonna come out firing on all cylinders...coach knows we've improved each week and now it's time to make that first step towards a playoff run. 5-2 or 4-3, what would Joe rather have? It's gonna be our O vs. their D...hmm...

Of all of the NFC East teams the Giants are probably the team I hate the least. But I would be devastated. Any NFC loss will be tough to swallow if they are truly going to make a run at the playoffs.

You actually may be on to something. If I had to choose the Giants is the team the I have the least anomosity. However, I still would always rather us beat them.

You know the past 3 weeks I have been expecting a letdown by the Skins' O. But, each week as I watch the game they somehow get better(knock on wood). I am even starting to see that with the defense as well. They came out Sunday looking to crush the 49' ers O. With Springs, Harris,and Clark back I think we will see alot more blitzing by the D like we did on Sunday. Also, with LA getting into the rotation, Williams has another weapon. Don't doubt the Skins' they are coming around nicely.

With full awareness that the Giants are playing the best football of our divisional opponents (congragulations Tom), I think we will have a win, due in no small part to what transpired yesterday. Maybe the single biggest intangible is belief in yourself and your team, especially for this group, and yesterday helped tremendously in that area. I include the factor that there are now ZERO distractions with the team.

I will be ok with a split, however, but losing will leave me very subdued. Not hopeless, but very subdued.

With full awareness that the Giants are playing the best football of our divisional opponents (congragulations Tom), I think we will have a win, due in no small part to what transpired yesterday. Maybe the single biggest intangible is belief in yourself and your team, especially for this group, and yesterday helped tremendously in that area. I include the factor that there are now ZERO distractions with the team.

I will be ok with a split, however, but losing will leave me very subdued. Not hopeless, but very subdued.

I wouldn't exactly call this the best football in the division....

ARZ W 42-19

@NO W 27-10 (home game)

@SD L 45-23

STL W 44-24

@DAL L 16-13

DEN W 24-23

...if we lose to the hated Gmen (I know most of you don't loathe that team like I do).

To me, it will feel like the beginning of the season was a wash. I don't know why, I just do.

I want these division games. While all games are important, these are especially. I want a good performance this Sunday..but deep down I don't feel like I'm gonna get it.

Believe me, I don't fear the Giants in the least...it's the Skins I worry about.

It's hard to shake loose 12 years of torture and dissapointment. Know what I mean?? A big fat W on Sunday may finally do it for me.

Dude...Who said anything about losing? :D

Seriously, I feel the same way, but about the Eagles. If we lose next week, as long as Coach Gibbs and the team have given it their all, thats all I can ask.

For me, after living in Philly for 15 years, and listening to eagle fans that long, beating the Eagles in Philly would be super sweet.

:logo:

The only thing I am worried about is the occassional big plays against our defense. And considering they have Tiki, Shockey, Plaxico and Toomer, I just have this creepy feeling that we could give up big plays to them if Williams does not do something about this.

Archived