Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's has that worried feeling about next week?

gortiz

As of right now, I'm not too worried. Sure we can lose this thing - if Portis fumbles three times like last year, if we give up that token long play at the wrong time like last year's game, injuries, turnovers etc ... but I really do think we will win this thing and the close score won't reflect how will win handley. ..

Here's why,

The Giants can't hold on to the ball, they are 29th in TOP. We are 3rd in TOP. That means a host of things, but most of all it means, they dont' run the ball that well, hence their 17th league ranking. We are 4th by the way in Rushing. We can play keep away as well as anyone, and Los Gigantes De Nueva York and Eli won't even see the ball come Sunday. Stats can't back up this next point, but this is only Eli's 18th start - he is going up against G. Williams and a Defense that is ranked 4th in league, I like those odds. Sure Peyton's Brother has officially come out, but I don't think he has faced a defense as good as ours - see Carson Palmer vs. Steelers D, same thing here.

The Giants D is ranked 31st in the league right now, ours is ranked 4th. They have the WORST 3rd down defense in the league, we have the SECOND best 3rd down offense in the league.

I'm confident cause the Giants shortcomings play perfectly into the hands of our offense, defense and Joe's style of play.

It will be a good NFC East battle, but as of right now I'm not too worried about this game AND it has nothing to do with the 52 we dropped yesterday, well maybe it does a little ... :silly:

Skins 21

Giants 17

:point2sky

The Giants can't hold on to the ball, they are 29th in TOP. We are 3rd in TOP. That means a host of things, but most of all it means, they dont' run the ball that well, hence their 17th league ranking. We are 4th by the way in Rushing.

I think we should definitely take this approach on Sunday. If we can keep the ball away from Eli and his offense, we should be OK. It will also help to take the crowd out of the game to some extent.

:gaintsuck

I'm worried before every game. I was worried before the 9ers game so you are darn tootin' I am worried for the Giants.

We have two common opponents and all 4 games went down to the wire. Add the fact that we are playing in the Meadowlands and everyone should be worried.

Not me.

I think the rest of the season, especially the NFC East, looks tough.

But my mood, right now, reminds me of a scene from Star Trek:

Koor: This war will determine the ruler of the Galaxy!

Kirk: It's a very large galaxy, Commander. Full of people who don't like Klingons.

Koor: Excellant! Then it will be a test of wills.

(Boy, beating up on a last-place team can really create some ****iness, can't it?) :)

Its weird because I used to get worried but this year has been different because I didnt expect much from the Redskins this year so I was just thinking we'd be 6-10 again.

But vs. the Bears I wasnt worried I figured AT LEAST we'd beat the Bears.

Vs. Dallas I wasnt worried because I thought surely we'd lose.

Vs. Seattle....I started to get confident (see Dallas week 2 game) so I knew we'd win.

vs. Denver - not worried just figured we'd lose to a slightly better team on the road.

vs. KC - same as Denver for the most part

vs. SF.....not a worry in the world.

But now vs. the Giants.....Im going up to NY and I always get nervous prior/during my Redskin road game trips.

We usually split vs. the Giants and last year we should of swept them except we turned the ball over 6 times or so. We still only lost by 6. Eli doesnt scare me....we need to blitz him and rattle him like we did last year when we smashed them 31-7.

We definitely can win this game. I think we are capable of beating anyone. But don't sleep on the Giants. They just beat a pretty good Broncos team.

That said, as long as our CBs are healthy I like the matchups. Taylor is a better matchup for Shockey than most teams have and our CBs matchup well against their WRs. I'm a little worried about getting enough pressure on Eli. He's shown that he's good enough to stand in against a blitz and find the open man. And we're going to need to blitz to get pressure. The Giants are the top scoring team in the league. And it's been long enough for that to be significant. They're going to get some points.

But their defense isn't much better statistically than San Francisco's. While I don't think we're going to hang 52 on them we should be able to move the ball, especially through the air. They're giving up nearly 300 yards a game in passing. As long as the turnover differential is not out of control I think this is a game we should win.

All I can say is this - if we see Tom White standing out there with the zebra stripes on, we'd better light up the scoreboard to neutralize the officiating.

On the game itself, I think we might see this team building on what happened yesterday, and steamroll the Giants. Of course, it's a conference game on the road with the added emotional significance of Wellington Mara's condition. The Giants will be up for this game. We have to take it to them early and keep pouring it on.

Archived