Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor is the key to beating NY

LiveStrongSkins

Not letting Plaxico behind him and also coming up and sticking him on the slant route will be huge. Also, he must manage to stay in Shockey's vacinity. It'll be a tough job, but if anyone can do it, its him. Taylor comes to play in big games, and I think its safe to say he will have a few "ooooooo" hits. It will also be huge for him to get a turnover or two. If we start giving this offense a short field, wow, watch out.

Yes. I'm really excited to see that match up of our D (especially the secondary) vs. their O (and Eli). I dont know if getting to Eli will be the key because he might torch us on the blitz. I agree that Sean Taylor will be a significant significant factor in this football game.

I think defensively it will depend more on strong corner play from Mr. Springs and Harris -- keeping Burress and Toomer in check -- than just Sean Taylor.

However, I think our consistency on offense is of equal concern. Gotta control the ball, get points in the red zone, and keep the G-Men O off of the field.

In every way, I think we stack up well with NY. We just need to keep the mistake free/penalty free football going from here.

The entire secondary is gonna have to play very well this game. Any word on Rogers, is he gonna be healthy for this game? It might be important to have three healthy corners who can cover...wonder if we'll see more 3-4 defense too. That plays into the strength of the Skins(linebackers), and considering the health of the D-Line, might be what we see out there this Sunday...

I think the key to beating the Giants is ball control, keeping the ball out of Eli's hands and scoring touchdowns in the redzone. Easier said then done....

Not letting Plaxico behind him and also coming up and sticking him on the slant route will be huge. Also, he must manage to stay in Shockey's vacinity. It'll be a tough job, but if anyone can do it, its him. Taylor comes to play in big games, and I think its safe to say he will have a few "ooooooo" hits. It will also be huge for him to get a turnover or two. If we start giving this offense a short field, wow, watch out.

and by out jumping plax cause baby eli pretty much just throws the ball up there for plax to catch

The play of Taylor is absolutely correct. He's going to have to cover Shockey though. I suspect they will put Rodgers on Burress M/M with some type of scheme help underneath. It's really to bad Lavar hasn't stepped up in coverage because you could put him on Shockey and Taylor on Burress. And use your SS and Corners to nullify everyone else in Zone. Come on Lavar.

Good call... this matchup is going to be a treat to witness.

ST got the best of shockey last year, but that was with a different Eli at QB.

Shutting down Shockey for an entire game will be tough, but I think ST is the guy to do it with his combination of size and speed.

But also, I think Marcus Washington will be lining up against Shockey in coverage a lot more than most people think.

Hey, I didn't get to watch Sunday's game, so I was wondering what's up with Sean having zero tackles. Were they just so bad that they weren't getting anywhere near him the whole game or was he playing not-so-well?

just out of curiosity.

Hey, I didn't get to watch Sunday's game, so I was wondering what's up with Sean having zero tackles. Were they just so bad that they weren't getting anywhere near him the whole game or was he playing not-so-well?

just out of curiosity.

They never threw over the middle once. They were really avoiding him and springs...but overall just not getting much done anyway. The one time they threw to him, he made them pay and was 4yds from scoring a TD.

just out of curiosity.

I can only remember a few times that a SF ball carrier got to the second and third level. The line and linebackers played great yesterday and when SF passed, it was mostly sideline routes. Trust me, it is a good thing when we win and Taylor doesnt have alot of tackles.

The play of Taylor is absolutely correct. He's going to have to cover Shockey though. I suspect they will put Rodgers on Burress M/M with some type of scheme help underneath. It's really to bad Lavar hasn't stepped up in coverage because you could put him on Shockey and Taylor on Burress. And use your SS and Corners to nullify everyone else in Zone. Come on Lavar.

I'm not sure why we would use our #3 CB against their #1 WR...Shockey isn't a huge problem either; Our MLB (Marshall) is the best Coverage LB on our team because he's a beefed up Safety turned LB. I think it'll be a decent game, but the matchups are well in our favor. Their O vs. Our D should be fun to watch, but their D vs. our O is hands down a plus for us......

In games like this when the opposing team has a TE WR combo like Shockey and Burress, Sean Taylor will rise to the occassion! Player's like him live for games like this and I can't wait!

I also think Marcus Washington will cover Shockey more than people think and i'm definately lookin' forward to atleast 1 jarring hit from ST on Burress and Shockey. I'm also lookin' forward to some jarring hit's from LaVar on Tikki and Shockey too!

Archived