Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Very Serious Question...

codeorama

I'm taking my brother and his son (my nephew) to their first pro football game in November, when we play the Chargers.

My nephew is 7 and his 2 favorite players are Clinton Portis and Ladanian Tomlinson.

He has both players jersey's and he wants to wear both.

Do anyone of you think anyone would pick on a seven year old kid wearing the jersey of the opposing team?

I hate to "not let him", but I don't want there to be any trouble, and I don't want him to have a negative experience. I think he will understand why it's much cooler to wear the Portis jersey once he's at the game and experiences everything, but I don't want to force that on him.

Answer honestly, Thanks :cheers:

I'm a Mom, I've attended games at Fed-X field - it should be OK. Portis jersery is a better choice by far, maybe you could suggest he wear the Tomlison jersery underneath the Portis jersey - then everyone will be happy! It should be cold enough to do so and people would really have to stare to figure it out!! GOOD LUCK!

He will be warmly welcomed at Extremeskins tailgate if you would like to attend. DK brought her 9'er fan this past tailgate, and he had a good time (he got a little playfule ribbing, but your son since he is you will be left alone :)). I would keep him away from f-51 though...

Code, the boy is 7, so I doubt anyone would give him a heard time. If needed, get him a burgundy hat with #26.

Chances are you'll (or brother) will have to buy him a shirt or jersey at

the game.

Let him decide which one he wants to wear. He'll be in awe of everything,

so just go and have a great time.

You might have to worry more about your brother... :laugh:

Hopefully he will come to the decision on his own to wear the Portis jersey. BUT try to prod him towards wearing his LT jersey UNDER the Portis jersey like someone above said. Overall, I think he would be safe at the stadium.

Though, there were some Skins fans that embarrassed me a little on Sunday. A guy was with his daughter, she looked to be about 10 years old. He had on a Garcia Jersey and the daughter had on a 49ers hat. They were a few rows in front of me...and two guys (early 20's had painted there faces and painted there chests to look like a jersey, they had no shirts on) stood at the end of their aisle screaming at the Dad he was gay because he had a Garcia jersey on. Then they keep screaming that he was an embarrasment to his daughter.. :doh: Finally, another Skins fan told them to sit down because THEY were the embarrasment and to look at the scoreboard and RELAX! Overall, those two were idiots. :mad:

Hopefully you won't be sitting in their section.

Thanks for the replies. I really don't want to "force" him to wear something, but I think the idea about wearing both with the CP jersey on top would be a great move. I honestly think he will get caught up in the "Redskins hoopla" once he experiences it.

Thanks for the replies. I really don't want to "force" him to wear something, but I think the idea about wearing both with the CP jersey on top would be a great move. I honestly think he will get caught up in the "Redskins hoopla" once he experiences it.

His first participation in Hail to the redskins after the extra point (or field goal) should swing him over to the "light side of the force" :laugh:

Buy a couple of jerseys for cheap (portis's and tomlinson's of course)

Cut the front off of one, and the back off of the other, and have your wife sew

them together! It might look weird but he will be able to wear both of his favorite players jerseys at one time :)

Buy a couple of jerseys for cheap (portis's and tomlinson's of course)

Cut the front off of one, and the back off of the other, and have your wife sew

them together! It might look weird but he will be able to wear both of his favorite players jerseys at one time :)

:laugh: :laugh:

Very creative idea... :applause: :applause:

I'm taking my brother and his son (my nephew) to their first pro football game in November, when we play the Chargers.

My nephew is 7 and his 2 favorite players are Clinton Portis and Ladanian Tomlinson.

He has both players jersey's and he wants to wear both.

Do anyone of you think anyone would pick on a seven year old kid wearing the jersey of the opposing team?

I hate to "not let him", but I don't want there to be any trouble, and I don't want him to have a negative experience. I think he will understand why it's much cooler to wear the Portis jersey once he's at the game and experiences everything, but I don't want to force that on him.

Answer honestly, Thanks :cheers:

I'd say from MOST Redskins fans......no, I mean I've seen Cowboys and other team jerseys on here and no grief.

But a loss, tight game and add too many beers in somebody, there's a chance that somebody in 90,000+ fans will be a total A-Hole.

There are A-hole Redskins fans also.....sad, but true (heck after the Seahawks game I saw a Skins fan nearly in a brawl with a 'Hawks fan).

I went to the Ravens game last year and 2 of my friends (Ravens fans) got heckled-- which was all good and my friends knew what they were getting into.

You just need to know that someone might say something....and that's all in good fun (if it's not derogatory or uses profanity), I really don't think you'll have to worry about beers being pored or violence......we're not in Philly.

Just my op. code.

I'd say from MOST Redskins fans......no, I mean I've seen Cowboys and other team jerseys on here and no grief.

But a loss, tight game and add too many beers in somebody, there's a chance that somebody in 90,000+ fans will be a total A-Hole.

There are A-hole Redskins fans also.....sad, but true (heck after the Seahawks game I saw a Skins fan nearly in a brawl with a 'Hawks fan).

I went to the Ravens game last year and 2 of my friends (Ravens fans) got heckled-- which was all good and my friends knew what they were getting into.

You just need to know that someone might say something....and that's all in good fun (if it's not derogatory or uses profanity), I really don't think you'll have to worry about beers being pored or violence......we're not in Philly.

Just my op. code.

Yeah, I don't mind fans from other teams who genuinely interesting in watching their teams fight it out on the road, as long as they are respectable, and don't try to cause trouble - which unfortunately seems to happen quite a bit in eagles and dallas games.

It's too bad there are some redskins fans who act like complete jackasses to opponents fans even to small kids wearing their colors, who aren't even doing anything, but enjoying the game...

The most enjoyable away games I have been to is the panthers. Very hospitable people that aren't interested in trying to start all sorts of crap, but to enjoy and talk about good football...

:laugh: :laugh:

Very creative idea... :applause: :applause:

I've seen quite a few hockey fans do this when thier player gets traded,

they take the new team and the home team jersey's , half and pair them

I actually thinking that's what i'm going to do with my Stephan Davis Jersey,

I'm still a big Davis fan (Spurier, what an @$$hole)

He will be warmly welcomed at Extremeskins tailgate if you would like to attend. DK brought her 9'er fan this past tailgate, and he had a good time (he got a little playfule ribbing, but your son since he is you will be left alone :)). I would keep him away from f-51 though...

Well pez and others, any “extreme skins” fan would encourage that he wears a Skins jersey. After all it is at Fed Ex field.

Second, I too would suggest that a 7 year old not spend and long period of time in F-51. Not because the DTC would give him any problems, but their tailgate is full of young, energetic fans, that are prone to “keeping it real”

Pez if your tailgate is such the “family” environment then why in the hell have you gone to such lengths to be like the DTC. And as we all know the Mayor and his mega phone can be heard clearly at your tailgate.

My suggestions to you is that you one, DON’T SPEAK about F-51, because like Philly fans you aint welcome there, and two, move your tailgate away from the DTC and then you can be as un-extreme as you want to be!

Archived