Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Has Novak done to deserve release rumors

It seems like Nick Novak goes out every week and gets it done. Why do we continue to hear about Hall and his "recovery". Being that Hall is a kicker and needs only a leg how can we overlook that in two years he has pulled or torn every muscle in said leg.

Novak has had some kicks blocked but is that his fault? Is there some sort of conspiracy cooking here. ( I hope so the skins have not had a good conspiracy since thursday ). Is Hall dating someone in the front office? Does he have pictures of a prominent front office person playing golf with satan?

No, Mr Hall, it is time to do what old kickers do. Open the bar, write the book, go kick ina foreign country.

Don't go away mad John just go away.

Ps: If we do cut hall I hope the cowboys sign him. It will keep their trainers busy.:applause:

John Hall is a better kicker than Novak, kickoffs and field goals.

While I agree with this, Hall's also an older kicker (as the injuries are showing). If Hall gets injured again, let's hope Novak hasn't signed with another team by then. In any case, I don't think we'll be able to rely on Hall to be healthy the entire next year (if he lasts that long). I think we should just keep Novak for our kicker to be. Heck, he made that... what was it, 53 yard field goal (only to be taken back from a penalty).

Novak is a good kicker, and I'm fairly certain that someone will pick him up as soon as we release him (if, of course, we release him). My only problem with him is that his kickoffs are ridiculuosly short, and that, automatically, puts our defense at a disadvantage.

In a game of hidden yardage Novak gives miles. I like Novak, he needs a little work. He's young and getting stronger.

But if he starts next week and sets up NY for that kind of yardage, it's going to be a long day. I want good things for Novak but Hall needs to get healthy for next week.

Sigh. Novak has the leg to get the ball down to the 5 yard line on kickoffs.

The super short kickoffs to the 20 are by design. They're pooch kickoffs with great hangtime that ensure that a big return can't occur. How many of those kickoffs were returned past the 30? Not many. Now how many regular, deep kickoffs have been returned past the 30? More than we'd like.

Novak does not have a problem with leg strength. It's not his greatest asset, but he can get the ball around the 5 on kickoffs and has kicked a 54 yarder. But all the leg strength in the world doesn't mean anything if you're not healthy and if you're not accurate. While both Hall and Novak are accurate, only Novak has been healthy so far.

a HEALTHY hall is way better then novak...novak's kickoffs are real short and his leg looks to me to be kinda weak, at least weaker than hall's. hall is accurate as well, if he gets to 100% an is truly healthy, i think we will see a huge improvement in our kicking game

It's pretty obvious that the coaching staff isn't sold on him either or they would have IR'd Hall already.

Novak is accurate but he doesn't get enough height on either his place kicks or his kickoffs. You know however that Dallas is lurking waiting for Hall to get healthy so they can jettison Cortez.

When was the trade deadline? It seems a shame to give a free bonus to a team that needs a kicker, especially as there is one in our division. I'd hold out to try and get something for him if it's an option.

Other question: If one stipulates that Hall is better, is he enough better to justify the difference in salary cap impact?

Sigh. Novak has the leg to get the ball down to the 5 yard line on kickoffs.

The super short kickoffs to the 20 are by design. They're pooch kickoffs with great hangtime that ensure that a big return can't occur. How many of those kickoffs were returned past the 30? Not many. Now how many regular, deep kickoffs have been returned past the 30? More than we'd like.

Novak does not have a problem with leg strength. It's not his greatest asset, but he can get the ball around the 5 on kickoffs and has kicked a 54 yarder. But all the leg strength in the world doesn't mean anything if you're not healthy and if you're not accurate. While both Hall and Novak are accurate, only Novak has been healthy so far.

Good post Bob. Novak is money. I made the same point regarding his kickoffs. It's not very often that they get pass the thirty on his kickoffs. I'll take the shorter kickoffs with more hang time and have our coverage unit within five to seven yards of the returner.

Isn't Frost supposed to be able to do kickoffs, as well? If Hall is healthy, we should spare him the task of kicking off if Frost can give us both distance and decent hangtime on the kickoffs.

I'm at a loss, really, about what to do with Novak. This guy could be the real deal if we keep him. Who knows how much Hall has left in the tank, although the man is reliable and consistent, with a very strong leg.

Good post Bob. Novak is money. I made the same point regarding his kickoffs. It's not very often that they get pass the thirty on his kickoffs. I'll take the shorter kickoffs with more hang time and have our coverage unit within five to seven yards of the returner.

Maybe against KC we were doing this. But yesterday there is no way we were kicking those short balls. I don't know if there was a big wind on the field or what, but he couldn't kick past the 15 going in the one direction. The other way he was kicking past the 10 yard line.

The Pooch kicks we were doing against Seattle you can tell its planned by the weird way he ran up to the kicks. This week he was just gimping them when we were going one direction.

Archived