Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Feels so good...

Spaceman Spiff

I'm 24 years old. The Broncos superbowl is a fuzzy memory for me. I just remember seeing my parents groan as we were down 10...then I remember coming downstairs during the 2nd quarter to hear a bunch of cheers.

I remember the 1991 season pretty well. I remember watching us kick the crap out of Detroit on the opening game. I remember when we were 10-0 and there were talks of us going undefeated. I remember certain parts of every playoff game and the Superbowl. Still, some memories are fuzzy about that season, I don't have a whole lot of them.

During the 1999 season, I was down in North Carolina for my first year of college so I didn't get the chance to see a lot of the games. I caught a game here and there, but mostly I was forced to watch the Panthers.

It dawned on me today that I've never really SEEN a good Redskins team before, week in, week out.

It feels so good to see the breaks go our way.

It feels so good to see stupid penalties slowly fading away.

It feels so good to see them in EVERY game, right down to the end, win or lose.

It feels so good to have featured columns about breakout players (Moss) and comeback stories (Brunell).

It feels so good to see highlights of our games reversed, with our players busting out the great plays and the big gains instead of having players run and pass all over us.

It feels so good to see us stomp all over a team that we should easily beat instead of playing down to their level.

It feels so good to take out a rival on a Monday Night game.

It feels so good to see the media wake up and start thinking we're legit.

It feels so good to know that our offense has finally caught up with our defense.

It feels so good to have a Hall of Fame head coach at the helm and a defensive mastermind by his side.

It feels so good to see a team finally come together.

It just feels so damn good. Finally.

:logo: :helmet:

I'm 24 years old. The Broncos superbowl is a fuzzy memory for me. I just remember seeing my parents groan as we were down 10...then I remember coming downstairs during the 2nd quarter to hear a bunch of cheers.

I remember the 1991 season pretty well. I remember watching us kick the crap out of Detroit on the opening game. I remember when we were 10-0 and there were talks of us going undefeated. I remember certain parts of every playoff game and the Superbowl. Still, some memories are fuzzy about that season, I don't have a whole lot of them.

During the 1999 season, I was down in North Carolina for my first year of college so I didn't get the chance to see a lot of the games. I caught a game here and there, but mostly I was forced to watch the Panthers.

It dawned on me today that I've never really SEEN a good Redskins team before, week in, week out.

It feels so good to see the breaks go our way.

It feels so good to see stupid penalties slowly fading away.

It feels so good to see them in EVERY game, right down to the end, win or lose.

It feels so good to have featured columns about breakout players (Moss) and comeback stories (Brunell).

It feels so good to see highlights of our games reversed, with our players busting out the great plays and the big gains instead of having players run and pass all over us.

It feels so good to see us stomp all over a team that we should easily beat instead of playing down to their level.

It feels so good to take out a rival on a Monday Night game.

It feels so good to see the media wake up and start thinking we're legit.

It feels so good to know that our offense has finally caught up with our defense.

It feels so good to have a Hall of Fame head coach at the helm and a defensive mastermind by his side.

It feels so good to see a team finally come together.

It just feels so damn good. Finally.

:logo: :helmet:

Good post... :applause: I'm only 16...so i dont remember the skins having a good season...EVER!

I feel the exact same way.... after all those years of supporting a losing team- listening to the heckles of non-fans or fair-weather fans. I knew one day we'd go back to being a good team.

Nice post, spiff. :applause:

Thankya. I hate having to refer to superbowls I wasn't alive for or don't remember very well. hopefully Gibbs gets one before his 5 years are up... :)

Archived