Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oh how the wind blows in convenient directions

Guest Matt Kyriacou

Guest Matt Kyriacou

Great win today. It was nice to see us dominate an opponent for a change. Been a long time coming (on the scoreboard anyway).

Upon arriving home today and loggin onto the board I must say that I am somewhat perplexed and a bit disappointed by much of what I have read regarding mop up QB duties. Seemingly the majority of posters on here wished to see Jason Campbell take snaps in the 4th quarter. Am I right?

If so, then I am nauseous. Without taking the time to research things, I am going to guess that many of you were the same "fans" who were so quick to scream in disbelief and berate the coaching staff when Brunell was named the starter. Probably the same "fans" who denounced the Lavar benching.

If Joe Gibbs had played Jason Campbell today, then he would have lost the entire team IMHO. He would have gone completely against character and gone against his word as well.

Jason Campbell may very well be "the future" of this organization and if he is, then I hope that he does well. There is absolutely no way that you bypass Ramsey and "see what the rook" can do without consequence.

I kind of like the look of this team at the moment. All preferences aside.....while I am excited about the prospects for the future, Jason Campbell taking snaps today would have created readings on the Richter scale for us.

BTW.....as an aside......anbody here attending practices on a regular basis? Anybody here know that Jason Campbell is more ready to take snaps than Patrick Ramsey right this very second?

Your right, Putting Cambell in would have been a bad decision, but I can't blame people for wanting to see Cambell (even though I havn't seen anyone here shouting for Cambell), they don't think about the messages things like that send to the players, they just want to see how good he is. And I doubt that all the Cambell people, Ramsey people and Lavar people are the same.

i didnt think it was a big deal, buti agreed with gibbs in putting ramsey out there. and i do agree that putting campbell in would have started a fiasco. that is an interesting point...anyone know how campbell has been playing in practice regularly?? (i dont want him to play this season guys so dont fret, just want to check on his progression)

Guest Matt Kyriacou
Err...how many people really thought it was a big deal one way or the other?

If you don't think that it was "potentially" a big deal, yet averted with the correct move, then I might be able to recommend a place for you to get some Lasik surgery.

Had he gotten the rook some mop up time he would have, "lost the entire team?" With all due respect that's highly unlikely. Raised some eyebrows? Probably. But it would take a lot more than sending Campbell in during garbage time for Gibbs to "lose" this team.

That being said, I often wish we Redskin fans weren't such a critical lot -- myself included. We stomped SF today. It's been a long time since we last beat someone in that manner. Can't we just enjoy it? Just for a couple of hours at least?

Guest Matt Kyriacou
Had he gotten the rook some mop up time he would have, "lost the entire team?" With all due respect that's highly unlikely. Raised some eyebrows? Probably. But it would take a lot more than sending Campbell in during garbage time for Gibbs to "lose" this team.

Ok. Maybe losing the entire team might have been a bit extreme. I don't want to lose anybody right now and if Campbell had been sent in, then the possibility would have existed.

Guest Matt Kyriacou
Ah, I certainly have not read every thread, but I haven't seen anyone credible suggest that Campbell should have been taking snaps in the 4th quarter. Maybe some of the chaff, but no one I've seen post here on a regular basis has suggested that...
I'd be surprised to see Patrick unless it's in garbage time. Not Gibbs' way to open that door, and to put Patrick in a semi-embarrassing mop-up role just to hand off.

?????

Gibbs and company can bench Arrington with no repercussions. They could have put Neve Campbell in at QB and no one would have questioned it. Consequences? Consequences are for losers. Let the Cowboys think of the consequences of the Tuna's silly gamble that cost him the game.

Don't you get it yet? Gibbs is in charge.

Oh god, even when we win we get the sanctimonious "how dare you question the coaches" posts. Nauseous is a great word, it's the feeling I get when I read some mindless zombie telling me how the "fans" (note "fans" not fans, because the poster is clearly the real fan) are bothering him by not uniformly nodding in agreement with the coaching staff.

people wanted to see campbell hand the ball off 20 times and threw a 2 yard slant? whats the point of that.. we're very fortunate to have ramsey as our backup.. some people were idiots.. i remember at the bears game, people were chanting the jason campbell to get in when washington was up.. incredible

If you don't think that it was "potentially" a big deal, yet averted with the correct move, then I might be able to recommend a place for you to get some Lasik surgery.

Clue me in. It's hard to see FedEx Field from Australia, so I doubt surgery would help. Why would it have potentially been a big deal?

Uhh... Jason Campbell was inactive.

He wears his pads on the sideline because he is the emergency QB. He can't play unless the two guys ahead of him get hurt.

:doh:

Not true. The emergency QB can be activated anytime, but if the emergency QB plays before the fourth quarter, then neither the first string nor the backup QB can re-enter the game.

Archived