Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Pappa John's 14 Toppings Merged Thread

RVAbrendan

As someone who used to deliver pizzas and have been nailed before, I understand. At some point, you have no choice but to shut everything down.

Jason

As someone who has owned multi chain operations and who owns one now, the marketing ramifications far outweigh the extra food cost. For a company to just shut down to avoid the discounted service is not only unethical, but downright stupid. That is why PJ's is doing it now. I want to set up a chain in the area and GIVE AWAY PIZZAS at half time. All you guys have to do is convince Uncle Dan S. to open the door for me and you'll be eating FREE pizza instead of free toppings. My point is, PJ's isn't getting hurt.

As someone who has owned multi chain operations and who owns one now, the marketing ramifications far outweigh the extra food cost. For a company to just shut down to avoid the discounted service is not only unethical, but downright stupid. That is why PJ's is doing it now. I want to set up a chain in the area and GIVE AWAY PIZZAS at half time. All you guys have to do is convince Uncle Dan S. to open the door for me and you'll be eating FREE pizza instead of free toppings. My point is, PJ's isn't getting hurt.

In our case, it had nothing to do with food cost, but the fact that we couldn't keep up with the orders, and didn't have enough drivers. I think it was because our computer system went down due to a lightning strike, and we just couldn't keep up with the orders. We had pizzas that had been sitting around for 2-3 hours, and that wasn't acceptable to be delivered, so we just shut down for the day.

As for the promo, it probably wasn't food cost, but lack of supplies that shut down some Dominos franchises that day. I know from working at a Dominos that they get their food orders from the home office, which are delivered once a week. Everything is included with that, pizza crusts, sauce, toppings, cleaning supplies, etc. If you run out, that's it. There is no going to the grocery store to get more.

Fact is, it was a promotion where the stores could really get nailed on if they were caught off guard, which they were. Not really a good promotion. The Papa John's promo is better from their perspective.

Jason

Papa Johns dreads games like this.... :laugh:

QUOTE]

Are you kidding? Do you realize the money they'll bring in? It's not like the pizzas are free.

Does anyone remember when the Caps had a pizza giveaway (with Pizza Hut, I think) for 6 goals in a game? I was at 2 games where they scored 6 goals and I got my coupon, but since I don't live down there I used to find a really hot girl to give mine away to.;)

That was great. I remember being at the Caps games and the crowd would start chanting PIZZA,PIZZA,PIZZA!!!!

Papa Johns is not pizza. It's a genetic mutation of grilled cheese.

That might be true, but PJ's are a MILLION times better then anything Domino's puts out.

I prefer Ledo's pizza myself, but with a chance at a pizza with 14 toppings (or something near that), I will be eating Papa Johns tonight.

Archived