Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the corner ......

FuriousD

Catch Phrase of the Week?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Catch Phrase of the Week?

• Gibbs warned us not to expect a blowout.
    • We need more games like this one.
    • 4 & 2, baby, 4 & 2!
    • It wasn't as close as the score made it look.
    • Did the Redskins win?

that we have dreamed about ever since Gibbs came back? The promised land as it were. Is it too early to make it official?

Accountability. Respectability. Wins!

Today looked for all the world to see like a statement game. The summation of a metamorphosis.

Ladies and germs, Joe Gibbs would like to present to you for your viewing pleasure, the Washington Redskins! :D

Holy cr@p!

I think we might have gotten some peoples attention today.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

:helmet:

It was the 49'ers, not Indy or Philly or any other powerhouse team. Yes it was a great game for us and am proud to have beaten them by more than 2 or 3 points but a rookie QB and a hapless defense and offensive line we beat easily. While i agree its a great confidence booster and a much needed victory after 2 tough losses on the road, until we beat a playoff caliber team by more than 3 points im sorry bt its hard to get excited. Im relishing the win as much as you all but there is a long season ahead and that is one of our easiest games of the year. Do it to another team, not 52 points on board but a easily decided win not a last play of the game nailbiter than i might be convinced. Until then it was a good week for us.

I think if we go on to great things this year and beyond, when all is said and done, the corner-turning game will be seen as the Dallas game.

agreed. i was thinking about that and how NFL films, if we do well, will probably proclaim this year as the year, especially in the dallas game, that we turned around. i mean, this is one of those "the skins had fun" shut-out games that they'll play back with dramatic strings and snare rolls.

The thing that this game did was confirm what we've already suspected: That we are really a good team. For weeks we've seen the Colts and the Bucs and the Bengals padding their reputations on the terrible teams of the league while we were slogging along against Dallas, Denver and KC on the road and Seattle at home. Well, when we finally get a struggling team on the schedule guess what? We crush 'em too. Suddenly WE can generate a pass rush and WE can rush for TDs and generate turnovers and all that good stuff. Imagine that. :)

Personally I think the corner's already been turned. This game simply makes it obvious.

I think if we go on to great things this year and beyond, when all is said and done, the corner-turning game will be seen as the Dallas game.
Wouldn't it be great if that game was for the division ? I have been thinking that it could come down to that all year long.

Guest Matt Kyriacou
until we beat a playoff caliber team by more than 3 points im sorry bt its hard to get excited.

Ok...so if we ever win the Superbowl by a point......hopefully we will decline the trophy?

:doh:

that we have dreamed about ever since Gibbs came back? The promised land as it were. Is it too early to make it official?

Accountability. Respectability. Wins!

Today looked for all the world to see like a statement game. The summation of a metamorphosis.

Ladies and germs, Joe Gibbs would like to present to you for your viewing pleasure, the Washington Redskins! :D

Holy cr@p!

I think we might have gotten some peoples attention today.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

:helmet:

Relax people--this is a big win, but we only did what good teams do in this league: we put an inferior team away. It's a long season and we have some big, big games ahead of us. But, put this win in perspective--it's only one win.

I was thinking that same thing watching the game today. Sometimes there are just special games in a season for a team that's precariously balanced to go either way, really up or really down, depending on some pretty slim margins.

Like what happens and how it happens in a single, special game. I think that Dallas game was the first tangible evidence we received that showed we weren't just talking another pipe-dream of a season. Or clutching onto another wishful-thinking future based on sound theories, understandable beliefs, and reasonable should-be's that would never materialize.

We buried so much bad juju that night in a single trial of spirit and test of the will to win. A poor Monday night record. A poor Gibbs vs. Parcells record. A poor record vs. Dallas. A poor record in Dallas. No long pass threat. No come-from-behind ability. No big plays period. No QB with an arm and accuracy. Gibbs outdated, past his prime. No real offense. Certainly above all, no last minute heroics to the tune of two TD's even remotely possible. Not with this team. Well guess again :)

In that game, the things we hoped and believed could be true about our team :logo: actually took place in non-imaginary, nationally televised, shockingly dramatic, and ultimately beautiful reality. That was our first real sign that we'd taken that step, doing so many things they said we weren't supposed to be able to do.

It was huge, and it will stand as the turning point if we continue on our current path to finish with a successfull year. But it also was just one step. And today was another one, even if it was against SF. We dominated them more than any team they've played. We went beyond what was expected again, even against them. But it was just another beautiful step.

There's a big one next week, and one following each week after that until...well we'll see...I'm just grateful to have stayed on the ride so far :helmet: I'm proud of this entire group of players, and all the coaches, and the owner, and the FO. And I'm grateful to have all these guys be my team.

Agreed, the Dallas game was monumental, especially for our offense. In hindsight, the Gatorade bath doesn't seem all that foolish now, does it?

I think corner refers more to the boxing match, the fight night coming up with the Giants.

SanFran was to get all the wheels greased the kinks out, now to go into NY and take on the Giants, for the lead of the NFC Beast, it's time for a statement. I think the coach feels it like the players and the fans....

and about lavar, he's the x-factor, saved him for the crucial part of the season. Whereas most opponent O-line players have half a season on them, Mr. Arrington is so fresh and so clean.... nice tactic and brilliant if intentional!

Archived