Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Feels good doesn't it? Halftime thoughts against Niners.

Art

You could see signs of this team coming together even as they lost. The offense is deceptive, well designed, highly explosive and has weapons few teams can contain for an entire game. We've played tight games against some good teams and good defenses. Against a struggling team like the Niners, what is necessary to validate the improvement is a professional, strong effort where you put the weaker team down.

So far that's what you're seeing. And that's what we used to be capable of with Gibbs. No let down performances that plagued us for years. While it can still turn sour, I guess, it is LOVELY to see this team starting to resemble the great teams we used to have.

Special teams is suffocating in coverage, though it still lacks any explosion in the return game. Defense is well designed and dangerous. It's a defense that makes teams alter how they play out of fear for how WE play. The offense is doing some tremendous things. The chunks of yards we're able to get just destroys how opponents can plan for us.

A comfortable win is just the kind of spring board we need. Now, finish this, and prove that's so :).

Over 300 yards on offense with 35 points and under 100 yards surrendered with 7 points is good against ANY team. POUR it on.

Who do you all think is going to play in the third quarter (seems like we have this win on hand) Ramsey or Campbell....I sure hope Campbell does...

I think you throttle down here and try to score quickly in the second half, then you see what they do. If they run and play normal, you pull back, playing Ramsey. Campbell is the emergency QB. You can't go to him because something can happen if he gets hurt where you are forced to go back to Brunell and can't play Ramsey at all if I remember the rule correctly.

In any case, you don't call the dogs off yet. You do something very aggressive quickly then see if they'll try to fight back, or just signal that they want to get out of here.

Who do you all think is going to play in the third quarter (seems like we have this win on hand) Ramsey or Campbell....I sure hope Campbell does...

screw that. i hope bruno plays the whole game. he's scored 28 points for me in fantasy so far and it's only halftime!!

but if gibbs does decide to sub a qb, i'd like to see campbell. it's about time we start seeing what the future looks like, don'tcha think?

:49ersuck:

Finally we are seeing some progression in our Red Zone offense. Our offense has been there for several weeks but not in the Red Zone. Great play calling, hard running by Portis it's a thing of beauty. Even though the game has passed Joe Gibbs by ;) it's good to see that the offensive genius is still percolating. Second half ball control I'm sure we'll see and I wouldn't be suprised to see Portis with about 175 yards when the day is done on the ground.

Patten is getting involved as well as Cooley and Sellars. Defense has a turnover. Lavar is on the field and he seems to be playing disiplined defense. I really don't think you can ask for anything more than we are doing today. It's funny, everyone hailed Spurrier as an offensive guru but we just scored in one half more than any regular season game with his supposed genius. Thank god Gibbs is back.

I'd like to see RAMSEY get some snapps...he's still in the future Picture I hope...

Go SKIN'S !!!

I hope the second half is as comfortable as the first.

In the event that we cruise through the 2nd half, it'll be interesting to see how the media spins this win. Especially after considering the criticism we took for edging the Bears 9-7.

On a week where the Broncos, Chargers, and Seahawks will pose great challenges to our division rivals, it appears as though our Skins are taking full advantage of the situation and doing exactly what they should be doing against San Fran. This is refreshing to see after years of falling flat on our faces under different coaches in similar situations.

Anybody who doesn't see the strides being made by our team is a hater in denial.

Archived