Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scouting the skins, a Cowboy fans view

Landryslegend

Yesterday I said I would tell you my HONEST thoughts on the Skins, No B.S just straight up opinions from a rival fan. Here goes............ First off I think you guys are on the right track. You can thank Coach Joe for that, he's trying to undo years of damage done by Spurrier. In my estimation Spurrier put you guys light years behind in the rebuilding process, did 4 yearsof damage in 2!....LOL

Joe will do the right thing by you, he knows the key to winning has always been the same, RUN the ball, STOP the run, control the clock, solid special teams, dominant offensive and defensive lines. Do those things and you will AT LEAST be in every game. Now, add a playmaker or two on each side of the ball and thats when you become dominant. I like your longterm future under Gibbs, think you will be a force to be dealt with,..........NEXT YEAR. As for this year I think it fizzles out for you somewhat. Just dont have the playmakers yet, at least not enuff of them. I see you guys going 8-8, 9-7 at best.

In Big D I like our chances much better than yours in the immediate future. Its taken Parcells 3 years but he's really turned this roster around. Just look at the last 3 drafts and you will see what I mean to say nothing of any of the free agent signings. In the last 3 years wev'e added Marcus Spears, Chris Canty, Jay Ratliff, Demarcus Ware, Kevin Burnett, Brady James, Terrence Newman, Al Johnson, Rob Pettiti, Julius Jones, Tyson Thompson, Jason Witten, Patrick Crayton, those are just some of the names involved in the youth movement. Our young defensive line rotation is something to be envied by about any NFL team. Tell ya what, thats an awefull big influx of young talent. Our future looks bright to say the least. See, what Bill did this time was somewhat different than his stops elsewhere, this is his last coaching stop. NO quick fixes, he's building this team for the long term, a team that can compete at a high level for years to come. RIGHT NOW as we speak the Cowboys are a playoff caliber team, BUT, One more good draft and a couple timely free agent signings and this team is flat out dominant, and for quite awhile too. Like I say, I like your chances, coach Joe is just 2 good not to, just not YET. Think your at least a good year behind us but time will tell.

Well, nicely put - even from a cowpie fan, lol.

See on behalf of the SKINS fans here, I would tend to disagree with you assessment. While I dont want to say we are superbowl ready, the SKINS are certainly on the right road to the playoffs.

I agree with your assessment of where the Boys and Skins stand as far as playmakers. But lets remember last year when we were both 6-10.

The cowboys are good, but realistically I think you are playing about as good as us right now. Bledsoe, like Brunell is playing extremely well - neither are showing their age yet.

If we look at the wins by the Boys this year, the majority have been just as close as ours (minus the Eagles of course, which is a plus for you).

So it will come down to the second half of the season. The division games are going to decide it...you guys are looking good at 2-1, but your hardest ones are coming up. Dont expect to walk into an NFC stadium and get another win easily..we will see you in DEC in our house.

:cheers: well your 99% right about everything except one thing,the FIZZLE,and that belongs to the one guy who ive always liked but always fizzled and that would be drew bledsoe,you will go no where with him,sorry but the truth hurts
I tend to agree with you EXCEPT........Like I always said about Drew, if he is to ever make it big again it will be under Parcells. Its Parcells or nobody. Anywhere else and I dont think so, so far he and BP have proved the doubters wrong,..WAY WRONG. Leading passer in the NFC with a 100 QB rating.

hey ive always liked drew,ive always wanted to see him get the ring but he has a dynamic about him that wont allow it,and contrary to many fans on this site i dont hate the boys,i did when they had irving and sanders not now i like parcells also,but drew has done this his whole carrer,hell start out hot like he did in new england and buffalo and FIZZLE,hes not the man for dallas

Yesterday I said I would tell you my HONEST thoughts on the Skins, No B.S just straight up opinions from a rival fan. Here goes............ First off I think you guys are on the right track. You can thank Coach Joe for that, he's trying to undo years of damage done by Spurrier. In my estimation Spurrier put you guys light years behind in the rebuilding process, did 4 yearsof damage in 2!....LOL

Joe will do the right thing by you, he knows the key to winning has always been the same, RUN the ball, STOP the run, control the clock, solid special teams, dominant offensive and defensive lines. Do those things and you will AT LEAST be in every game. Now, add a playmaker or two on each side of the ball and thats when you become dominant. I like your longterm future under Gibbs, think you will be a force to be dealt with,..........NEXT YEAR. As for this year I think it fizzles out for you somewhat. Just dont have the playmakers yet, at least not enuff of them. I see you guys going 8-8, 9-7 at best.

In Big D I like our chances much better than yours in the immediate future. Its taken Parcells 3 years but he's really turned this roster around. Just look at the last 3 drafts and you will see what I mean to say nothing of any of the free agent signings. In the last 3 years wev'e added Marcus Spears, Chris Canty, Jay Ratliff, Demarcus Ware, Kevin Burnett, Brady James, Terrence Newman, Al Johnson, Rob Pettiti, Julius Jones, Tyson Thompson, Jason Witten, Patrick Crayton, those are just some of the names involved in the youth movement. Our young defensive line rotation is something to be envied by about any NFL team. Tell ya what, thats an awefull big influx of young talent. Our future looks bright to say the least. See, what Bill did this time was somewhat different than his stops elsewhere, this is his last coaching stop. NO quick fixes, he's building this team for the long term, a team that can compete at a high level for years to come. RIGHT NOW as we speak the Cowboys are a playoff caliber team, BUT, One more good draft and a couple timely free agent signings and this team is flat out dominant, and for quite awhile too. Like I say, I like your chances, coach Joe is just 2 good not to, just not YET. Think your at least a good year behind us but time will tell.

This is an assessment of the Skins? All you said was a vague statement about needing more playmakers and something about a fizzle. You spent more time talking about the f-ing Cowboys than the Skins.

14-13. There's a more in-depth assessment.

hey ive always liked drew,ive always wanted to see him get the ring but he has a dynamic about him that wont allow it,and contrary to many fans on this site i dont hate the boys,i did when they had irving and sanders not now i like parcells also,but drew has done this his whole carrer,hell start out hot like he did in new england and buffalo and FIZZLE,hes not the man for dallas
To me Bledsoe is another version of Aikman. Slightly less talented but close. Drew has the better long ball, Aikman was deadly accurate at the midrange stuff. Truth be told, and this coming from the BIGGEST Cowboys watcher on earth, Aikman never had that gift to put a team on his back and carry them like say a Brett Favre can. BUT, when all the components were in order the guy was ROBO Q.B, like a machine, he just flat out kept coming and coming like the terminator...LOL Just made very few mistakes. The problems with Troy came when the other parts of the machine around him werent there. I see Bledsoe very much in the same light. THAT is the reason Parcells is building like he is, putting the players around Drew that he needs. Only gonna get better. Like I say, one more good draft and a couple signings and look out next year. Truth be told, even RIGHT NOW, this is by far the most talent Bledsoe has ever had around him, and its showing.....

I like your longterm future under Gibbs, think you will be a force to be dealt with,..........NEXT YEAR. As for this year I think it fizzles out for you somewhat. Just dont have the playmakers yet, at least not enuff of them. I see you guys going 8-8, 9-7 at best.

You do understand almost every Joe Gibbs team, including last years 6-10 unit, has gotten stronger over the course of the year right? That Gibbs has a staggering winning precentage in November and December right? For us to go just 8-8 or even 9-7 means this team would have lost as much as win in those two months and I think that has only happened to Joe Gibbs once. If we get out of October with a winning record (5-2 or 4-3), I think we can do better than you think right now. I am not promising that is going to happen but I like the odds real well at this point.

This is an assessment of the Skins? All you said was a vague statement about needing more playmakers and something about a fizzle. You spent more time talking about the f-ing Cowboys than the Skins.

Didnt really touch on your players because I believe and always will believe the key is in the COACHING STAFF. Always has been. The coaching is what seperates teams of equal talent. Like I say, if/when you do see success it will be largely because of coach Joe, the players are just components, the coaches are the fuel for the machine. Sounds simplistic but its the truth.

The Skins right now have one of the biggest offensive play makers in the game in Santana Moss. Both teams are playing well right now and hopefully the game in Dec. will have some meaning to it, but honestly I see the Skins with a little more talent at the skill positions, and having a better playoff chance. But hey best of luck, just please acknowledge Santana as a play maker.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

My sentiments exactly. A few sweeping generalisations and amalgamtion and regurgitation of various monday morning quarterback conversations and this qualifies you to assess our team....

Credit to the Cowboys where it is due, my brother is a fan so i end up getting it in the ear every time we play you guys but if youre gonna talk about a proper analysis of our team, make sure you actually sound like youve watched some games or at least have credible criticism.

Didnt really touch on your players because I believe and always will believe the key is in the COACHING STAFF. Always has been. The coaching is what seperates teams of equal talent. Like I say, if/when you do see success it will be largely because of coach Joe, the players are just components, the coaches are the fuel for the machine. Sounds simplistic but its the truth.

14-13.

You seemed to talk an awful lot about the Cowboy's PLAYERS in your assessment of the Redskins. 14-13.

As for the Skins coaching staff, you think Gibbs is a good coach. No $h!t. He's in the freaking Hall of Fame. 14-13. Basically, you've said nothing beyond the extremely obvious. Then you give us the glass-half-full about the Cowboys. 14-13.

As for playmakers, how about Brunell to Moss? How about Sean Taylor knocking the ____ out of Patrick Crayton?

14-13.

I think you comments are generally fair. But forgot one of the most important positions. Quarterback and the Redskins are light years ahead of Dallas on that front. As well as Widereceiver, Runningback, Offensive Line and Secondary. Perhaps linebacker as well. However Advantage Dallas on the D-Line. Equal at Linebacker.

You'll don't have a franchise quarterback.

Dallas was a three-time 5-11 team that Parcells did little to and made it a playoff team. Last year, the wheels fell off and you reverted to the team you'd long been, losing 10, and largely being whipped all year, routinely dropping games by double-digits and winning a couple that are unlikely types of wins.

The roster transformation necessary this year was, indeed, obvious, but, simply HAVING young players may not always be the right answer. In comparing our teams for the future, one would have to conclude that Washington, not Dallas, is better prepared for a number of years at receiver, given the age of Moss versus your leading guys. One would have to conclude Washington is better set at quarterback, with two young players in reserve -- at least at the moment -- and a rookie player who, unlike in Dallas, hasn't played so poorly on the field that he was demoted to third string. One would obviously conclude Portis is a young back with tremendous upside and ability and a high level of production, a player better than the Cowboys can say they have at this point. The offensive line in Washington is a far more talented, experienced bunch in the prime of their careers than you have in Dallas. Witten is a very fine tight end, but, here, where it would be most obvious you have a large advantage, we have Chris Cooley, a fine tight end as well who continues to improve, rendering this advantage less.

Like you, we have a young corner to build around with Rogers and we have a young safety to build around in Taylor and we have younger players at linebacker, and may yet unleash a disciplined LaVar for good measure. The only spot one would objectively view our rosters and see a Cowboy advantage for the future would be defensive line, and then only if the young players you have vested in that we have not prove to be of merit.

I agree with you that Bledsoe is playing well and likely will play well with Parcells, but, you are playing him almost like you might play a rookie. Giving him half-field reads and limiting his field of view to force quick decisions out of him works now. But, teams will invariably adjust and quick starts in new systems often start to decline.

Brunell, of course, struggled terribly a year ago, but has improved within the system. Neither guy is the future of the position for either of us. But, I hope you don't think we will take it THAT seriously that you consider your future superior to ours when at almost every spot we match or surpass you in young talent -- proven or potential.

Tell ya the truth on something. Hopefully this doesnt get me banned or deleted because it is not only mine but the opinion of a great many NFL fans. ONE PERSON is largely responsible for the woes you have had over the last decade. This person is sometimes compared to Jerry Jones when in fact nothing could possibly be further from the truth. Jerry has 3 Superbowl trophies in his case, this guy has a long track record of failure. NO, theyre not even close in any way shape or form. Nothing against the Skins or theyre fans, like I posted earlier, I miss the rivalry and want it back. I do think its back, again thanx to Coach Joe. As for the person I feel has been responsible for your demise......hopefully for your sakes and the rest of the NFL he has finally turned the corner because the NFL NEEDS our rivalry.

Tell ya the truth on something. Hopefully this doesnt get me banned or deleted because it is not only mine but the opinion of a great many NFL fans. ONE PERSON is largely responsible for the woes you have had over the last decade. This person is sometimes compared to Jerry Jones when in fact nothing could possibly be further from the truth. Jerry has 3 Superbowl trophies in his case, this guy has a long track record of failure. NO, theyre not even close in any way shape or form. Nothing against the Skins or theyre fans, like I posted earlier, I miss the rivalry and want it back. I do think its back, again thanx to Coach Joe. As for the person I feel has been responsible for your demise......hopefully for your sakes and the rest of the NFL he has finally turned the corner because the NFL NEEDS our rivalry.
Im also pretty sure its the opinion of a large percentage of Redskin fans. In fact I know it is, how can it not be?

When all else fails and there's nothing left, they take a shot at Dan Snyder...

Thank You for posting a thought out thread and not being a troll. I for one like to hear what fans from other teams think as long as they are respectful knowledgeable, and it is obvious they have a love for the game.

While I agree with most of your post there's no evidience that there will be a fizzle. This Redskin team can be a 10-6 to 8-8 team this year, and so can the Cowboys. This doesn't mean they fizzle it only means they will achieve what we expected. There are many similarities between the two clubs. Both have gone to old school HOF coaches to rebuild there storied franchises. Both teams are also on the incline because of it. You may be ahead of the Skins in regards to your acquisition of young talent for your "D". I actually liked some of your picks this year. I got some crap around hear before the season started for saying I thought Dallas would be a 9-7 to 8-8 team this year. The Cowboys, Giants and Redskins are well on the way to closing the gap with the Eagles. There is one obvious advantage to the Redskins that you fail to mention and should be discussed.

We have two first round pick QB prospects on the bench behind our ageing vet starting QB. Who will Dallas go to after Bledsoe?

Im also pretty sure its the opinion of a large percentage of Redskin fans. In fact I know it is, how can it not be?

Because it's false and ignorant and we don't generally have those traits. Unfortunately, we often are visited by those who do :).

Because it's false and ignorant and we don't generally have those traits. Unfortunately, we often are visited by those who do :).
Ohhh o.k. I guess all those threads Ive read right IN HERE through the years have all just been figments of my imagination then. I guess Jerry Jones really didnt have all that success while the other guy has pretty much failed, musta all been a nice dream. Listen, I didnt come in here to troll, far from it. Just calling it like I see it. Regardless of fan base it pays to be truthfull about things BOTH positive and negative. HEY, I know how to settle it. Why dont you put up a fan poll right in here, see what Skins fans really think of the OTHER GUY. Betcha if its done truthfully Redskin fans will make my case.

Tell ya the truth on something. Hopefully this doesnt get me banned or deleted because it is not only mine but the opinion of a great many NFL fans. ONE PERSON is largely responsible for the woes you have had over the last decade.

Tough to be the person responsible for all the trouble over the last decade when you have only been the owner for 6 years and you left the team alone for the first year because you were not made owner until so late in the year that leaving everything in place for the season was about the only choice.

Tough to be the person responsible for all the trouble over the last decade when you have only been the owner for 6 years and you left the team alone for the first year because you were not made owner until so late in the year that leaving everything in place for the season was about the only choice.
HEY ya got me there!...LOL Maybe things were so messed up it just SEEMED like a decade:silly:

Appreciate the thoughts of a Boys fan who doesn't troll.

Question about your soon to be dominant team: Who is going to be under center for this perennial Super Bowl contender in 2007 and beyond?

Archived