Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How to boost ESPNs ratings

Mr. Nostril

I just found out, courtesy of nfl.com, that when you take out comercials, and most of the time between plays, it takes 42 minutes to watch a football game. nfl.com currently has last nights KC - MIA game streaming from the website in it's entirety, and 42 minutes is the combined length of the 4 videoes(each quarter is a seperate file)

44 minutes is the amount of material needed for an hour long television show. So, throw in a theme song, and short introduction, and ESPN has a show, merely replaying Sunday's games throughout the week, for people who missed them, or didn't see them due to their local markets television schedule. I have to imagine this would get more viewers than Sportcenter for 12 hours a day(I don't actually know how much it's on, but it seems like alot).

Actually if you have the NFL ticket on Directv, they have a new program called shortcuts that does that. They are available after midnight on Sunday, and they are 30 minutes long. They just show every play and nothing else w/ no commercials. They show all the games that way.

Actually if you have the NFL ticket on Directv, they have a new program called shortcuts that does that. They are available after midnight on Sunday, and they are 30 minutes long. They just show every play and nothing else w/ no commercials. They show all the games that way.

That sounds pretty sweet. I wish I had NFL Direct ticket =(.

Archived